Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Teslascope's population must skew very differently. Counting users from 10.5+ and up, there are 1722 in the Beta, broken down as follows:

33 on 10.10 <---- 1.9% of the total
554 on 10.9
1060 on 10.8.1
37 on 10.8
39 10.5
Why would there still be people on 10.5 or 10.8? Did they drop out of beta, or stop using it? My son was in beta jail but finally got the update when they forgave everyone.

no update for me yet, my car was in service for the day. They didn’t push it to my car.

1.jpg

on 10.8.1 waiting for the next wave...

Why would there still be people on 10.5 or 10.8? Did they drop out of beta, or stop using it? My son was in beta jail but finally got the update when they forgave everyone.

no update for me yet, my car was in service for the day. They didn’t push it to my car.
Well, that's an excellent question. The answer is "Nobody knows." Whatever criteria Tesla uses-- and at this point I'm pretty much convinced it's a combination of:

1. Newer cars get priority. Did you buy FSD in 2016-2018? Sucks to be you.
...and...
2. Random for everyone else, roughly based on safety score. Kinda.

Anyway, I'm off for more weekend driving on deserted roads to keep my score up. You see, a couple of good score days fell off the 30-day window while I was out of town, and my overall score dropped from 99 to 98. So I'll waste time and money dancing like a puppet to the FSD boogie, knowing all the while Elon's sitting back in his chair, puffing a huge blunt, and laughing like a loon.

Here is an example where FSD will always fail. Robots will never understand what is going on here, and 10.10 has not fixed this yet.

Everyday the two left turn lanes get piled up because the green light only allows 3 cars to turn left, and 3 cars will run the red lights. This causes cars to sit in the lane that needs to go straight. FSD will try to merge into the wall and wait in that useless lane going left. As a human, we know wtf is going on and can bend the law.

Attachments

• 20220205_095741.gif
    20220205_095741.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Here is an example where FSD will always fail. Robots will never understand what is going on here, and 10.10 has not fixed this yet.

Everyday the two left turn lanes get piled up because the green light only allows 3 cars to turn left, and 3 cars will run the red lights. This causes cars to sit in the lane that needs to go straight. FSD will try to merge into the wall and wait in that useless lane going left. As a human, we know wtf is going on and can bend the law.
FSD bends the law all the time. Infact the problem has been FSD is too quick to change lanes to overtake …

Installed+waiting has been at 450 for a while now. I expected to see the release last night … but nothing. May be tonight.
Since Thursday evening. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another version that only goes to a few of us, leaving the rest waiting. I also expected to see another batch come along last night. I hope they haven't found something else wrong with it to cause another delay.

Reactions: 101dals
10.10 no longer slow down for speed bumps around my house and kids' schools. It uses to slow down to 17mph but now it doesn't and I have to brake late.

It still turn On blinkers for slight left curves going straight. Still scares drivers left of me turning left. They think the car will make a left turn into them.

Still doesn't stop for school buses that is in the motion of deploying their stop sign.

Things there could be test cases for (in a virtual environment). Why are there rgessions like this when they supposed have automated testing? Why are these situations in the brutal environment to test for? You can have conventional tests for AI systems.

Reactions: pilotSteve
FSD bends the law all the time. Infact the problem has been FSD is too quick to change lanes to overtake …

Changing lanes too quick is fine. What it doesn't do is make smooth multiple sweeping lane changes. It does one lane at a time and takes forever to go across 5 lanes, but then again, that is Autopilot, and not FSD beta yet. Hope they fix that so lane changes are faster. It is unsafe to make multiple lane changes but human does it all the time.

Today on 10.10, FSD almost side swiped a car to my right when making a (unmarked lanes) left turn. It was 2 left turning lanes, and I was on the inside. FSD took a late apex angle and I had to take over right before impact. Other car didn't even see it as she didn't respond at all. She had some room to her right.

Today on 10.10, FSD almost side swiped a car to my right when making a (unmarked lanes) left turn. It was 2 left turning lanes, and I was on the inside. FSD took a late apex angle and I had to take over right before impact. Other car didn't even see it as she didn't respond at all. She had some room to her right.

I’ve had similar issues with my current 10.8.1 even with lines. FSD ignores them and does what it wants. And it’s pretty consistent. There’s a four way stop by my house that unlike others it gets drastically wrong every time, in every version. Same with a Y fork by me with no stops on two and only a stop on one. Ignores the signs and lines and swerves drastically every time.

And yes I report it every time.

• Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak
The apparent slow down seems to be following the pattern that 10.9 did. However, I don't see any reason why they would intentionally leave more cars with the rolling stop feature out of this update.
Still sitting at 450 in Teslafi. Either they found an issue or they want to be doubly sure there are no obvious issues.

I expect everyone to be moved to 10.10 (or if there is an issue, 10.10.1) so that they can put the "recall" behind them.

Reactions: Rusty1