Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth
10.10.png

Reactions: thewishmaster
"Enabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles, when safe to do so." Surely that was supposed to be "Disabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles..." My car doesn't need this "enabled" because it already tries to do it all the time and it is EXTREMELY UNSAFE! I don't know for the life of me why this is even a feature. If there is a car sitting in the middle of the lane in front of me on a two-lane line with a double-yellow line, I don't want my car going around it under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I mean the thing can't stay in its own lane on curvy roads anyway, constantly braking and accelerating for no good reason, can't handle lane selections on left turns, doesn't even try to handle school zones, railroad crossings, or do-not-block-the-box intersections, and up until this last release wouldn't turn left on flashing yellow arrows. Why in God's name do they think it is ready to come out from behind a car that is blocking all view of traffic (oncoming or otherwise) in front of it, cross over a double-yellow line, and go around a car that is most likely waiting in the lane in front of it for a bloody good reason!

"Enabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles, when safe to do so." Surely that was supposed to be "Disabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles..." My car doesn't need this "enabled" because it already tries to do it all the time and it is EXTREMELY UNSAFE!

I thought the same initially but I don't think that's it.

Previously I've had FSDBeta lane change into oncoming traffic for 2 things:

1) To go around a stopped car on a 2 lane road. Mind you, it was one of about 10 in a line, all stopped because of a red light up around a curve, and was an incredibly dumb thing to try. But it was a "car" not a static obstacle.

2) To change into oncoming traffic lane on a 2 lane road with nobody around including nothing in front of me for...no apparent reason. So again not a static obstacle.

I think this is saying it'll now try and do that if for example they've closed off the lane with a DETOUR sign or some other STATIC object when it wouldn't do that before.

I agree crossing double yellows, ever, can be scary- but it's something it will eventually need to be capable of to drive without a human.

I think this is saying it'll now try and do that if for example they've closed off the lane with a DETOUR sign or some other STATIC object when it wouldn't do that before
I believe typically Tesla refers to "static" as in things that normally don't move like you suggest of road signs or barriers. Not so much of moving objects that happen to have 0 velocity, e.g., parked or stopped cars.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I believe typically Tesla refers to "static" as in things that normally don't move like you suggest of road signs or barriers. Not so much of moving objects that happen to have 0 velocity, e.g., parked or stopped cars.
Right - I've seen FSD go on opposite lane trying to overtake stopped moving objects like school bus. That can be a moving experience ;)

"Enabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles, when safe to do so." Surely that was supposed to be "Disabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles..." My car doesn't need this "enabled" because it already tries to do it all the time and it is EXTREMELY UNSAFE! I don't know for the life of me why this is even a feature. If there is a car sitting in the middle of the lane in front of me on a two-lane line with a double-yellow line, I don't want my car going around it under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I mean the thing can't stay in its own lane on curvy roads anyway, constantly braking and accelerating for no good reason, can't handle lane selections on left turns, doesn't even try to handle school zones, railroad crossings, or do-not-block-the-box intersections, and up until this last release wouldn't turn left on flashing yellow arrows. Why in God's name do they think it is ready to come out from behind a car that is blocking all view of traffic (oncoming or otherwise) in front of it, cross over a double-yellow line, and go around a car that is most likely waiting in the lane in front of it for a bloody good reason!

That's a different issue. I think this is for cases like going around a slow or stopped lead vehicle.

Seems a little concerning that Tesla is completing the NHTSA recall with a new subversion (10.10) with some feature improvements. Seems it would have been safer to do a 10.9.1 with the recall ONLY. If Tesla releases 10.10 and has a curfuffle like with 10.3 (FCW) that could be a PR disaster. The media (like them of not that is how that make money) would LOVE to have headlines how the NHTSA recall was flubbed.

Hope 10.10 is a smooth rollout and (hopefully) expecting some YouTube first drives in the morning.

I was just reading some of the Lucid release notes on an update going out on there side.

BEFORE there emergency braking applies the car will emit an audible tone. I would probably like to have that tone before our "phantom brakes" apply. I could start hitting the gas pedal if clear. At least that would be a middle step while they try to stop the phantoms or gremlins.

Seems a little concerning that Tesla is completing the NHTSA recall with a new subversion (10.10) with some feature improvements
Tesla probably has some flexibility on how it updates vehicles in regards to a software recall. But even then, with no new FSD Beta additions recently as well as stopped 10.9 rollout might suggest Tesla can't/shouldn't increase the population of vehicles affected by a known recall. With another recall submitted February 1st for the seat belt reminder, it seems like 2021.44.30.15 would fall under "Firmware Rel. Before 2022.4.5 exc. 2021.43.101.1," so maybe Tesla will need to make a FSD Beta 10.10 with the seat belt fix from 2022.4.5 before rolling out.