Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just reading some of the Lucid release notes on an update going out on there side.

BEFORE there emergency braking applies the car will emit an audible tone. I would probably like to have that tone before our "phantom brakes" apply. I could start hitting the gas pedal if clear. At least that would be a middle step while they try to stop the phantoms or gremlins.
How will that work exactly? In an emergency that “convenience“ pause might contribute to an otherwise avoidable accident. Or are you saying the car should only do that for “phantom” braking and not “real” emergency braking? Which makes no sense since if the car could tell the difference it wouldn’t do phantom braking in the first place!

Reactions: geekfam
I was just reading some of the Lucid release notes on an update going out on there side.

BEFORE there emergency braking applies the car will emit an audible tone. I would probably like to have that tone before our "phantom brakes" apply. I could start hitting the gas pedal if clear. At least that would be a middle step while they try to stop the phantoms or gremlins.
Ummm, if it knew it was phantom braking it wouldn’t phantom brake.

How will that work exactly? In an emergency that “convenience“ pause might contribute to an otherwise avoidable accident. Or are you saying the car should only do that for “phantom” braking and not “real” emergency braking? Which makes no sense since if the car could tell the difference it wouldn’t do phantom braking in the first place!
Presumably it would be like FCW which warns you before automatic emergency braking (warning, I've never actually tested this and there is no guarantee that AEB will stop you in time!)
I doubt the car goes instantly from 0% probability of something in your path to whatever probability threshold they have braking set at.
For example in these cases does the car detect the oncoming vehicles as suddenly popping in to the lane or does it detect them as possibly being in the lane earlier?
Sometimes I wonder if the minor phantom braking (like the first one in this video, there are other much more severe ones later) is actually intentional to keep the driver engaged. Like, hey make sure you're not going to run into that truck! Hard to understand the logic of dropping 8mph otherwise.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow

That makes no sense to me .. chances are you already have your foot on the accelerator anyway, which means it’s far too easy to cancel by mistake .. I can just see the liability lawyers wringing their hands in glee.

This might be an example of "Smoother fork maneuvers and turn-lane selection using high fidelity trajectory primitives." Notice how 10.10's planned trajectory doesn't suddenly jerk left to follow the turn lane:
10.10 smoother.jpg

FSD Beta 10.9 behavior:
10.9 left.jpg

I think this one may become a weekend gush. Especially because this version addresses the rolling stop recall made by Tesla.
Probably will follow the same conservative rollout schedule to avoid another 10.3gate. There is no need to rush since a normal recall involves sending letters in the mail, scheduling appointments and taking car to the dealership.

I am not seeing any pending update on my MS, but I also have an M3 that shows "In Service" status in the app. I don't know if the In Service status blocks any OTA updates until the car leaves the shop.

Does anyone have any insight on OTA updates as it relates to cars that are pending service?

Our 3 is getting 10.10, but that is all.

Tesla was UNABLE to fix my right thumb wheel when a ranger came by to replace it. Claimed the switches were a different version. Neither switch worked after he swapped them. he was told to put the old ones back in the car. Today Tesla has the car in the service center. We will see what happens if anything. they are working on my endless "key not in car" message. They have replaced fobs 3-4 times with no luck. no sign of update on car, I wonder if they will simply attempt to reboot or reflash the software to be sure??

I am not seeing any pending update on my MS, but I also have an M3 that shows "In Service" status in the app. I don't know if the In Service status blocks any OTA updates until the car leaves the shop.

Does anyone have any insight on OTA updates as it relates to cars that are pending service?
It does, got 10.8 while mine was in service and it would not let me install

This rollout is following the same pattern as others. Employees got it first, then yesterday a small number of customers got it. Last night, Teslafi showed installs + pending = 450. Today, roughly 12 hours later, Teslafi shows installs + pending = 450. So no one new is getting it so far today. I hope we might see a wider distribution over the weekend.

Among the 16740 cars on Teslafi, fewer than 2400 are in the beta. So very approximately, almost 1 in 5 have received 10.10 so far. The rest of us are waiting.

Among those who have installed it so far, 62% came from 10.8.1, 38% from 10.9. That ratio is not too dissimilar from the overall ratio of 10.9 to 10.81, so it appears that Tesla is not favoring one over the other.

I guess it should be obvious from those percentages that no one new is getting the beta yet. Perhaps that will change once 10.10 is distributed to all of the existing beta users.

I got 10.10 last night. Today driving to work I'm getting intermittent "TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY" red warnings with tones. These are happening at random times. I tried turning each safety feature off one at a time and was unable to stop this from happening. I also rebooted and powered down the car.
This happens on highway and city streets. It basically makes autopilot useless.
Hoping for a patch soon.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve