Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As for what additional functionality do I still have while on an FSDb suspension? I have this “Traffic LIght and Stop Sign Control.” ... Basically, the car still warn that it’s going to stop at the next traffic signal or stop sign unless I push through the intersection with the accelerator or gear stalk.
You would have the non-beta FSD if suspended which is what you describe. The suspension only applies to FSD Beta.

Reactions: Familyman5821
Now I know. I only intend to subscribe to FSDb when I have work road trips planned. From now on, if I log three or more strikes during the FSDb subscription period, I will intentionally force strikes before the end of the subscription to force myself into a suspension. Now the question is if the two-week “time-out” clock pauses while the subscription is expired (not renewed).

I bought the Enhanced Autopilot with the car so I would have the Autosteer with Navigate on Autopilot. This only works on limited access highways. I was also hoping for the return of summon; let’s see if that ever happens.

As for what additional functionality do I still have while on an FSDb suspension? I have this “Traffic LIght and Stop Sign Control.” I think it’s very strange because i did not see this functionality available with just the Enhanced Autopilot nor did I recognize it as an option while I was using FSDb. Basically, the car still warn that it’s going to stop at the next traffic signal or stop sign unless I push through the intersection with the accelerator or gear stalk.

Yes, on EAP with Traffic Light and Stop sign Control, it will attempt to stop at every intersection. You can push down on the stalk after it warns you it is stopping or lightly tap the gas pedal in order to confirm you see the traffic light. It will then proceed through the green light. IF it turns yellow/red after you push down on the stalk it will stop anyways (depending on your distance to the intersection).

It's now 1 week.

You still have FSD and only lose FSDb.

Cars without an interior camera get 3 strikes v 5. When I get 2 strikes I'll try to find a convenient time with minimal planned drives to force the 3rd. I'd prefer to "strike out" on my schedule, not Elon's. Just went through this as I get a strike every few months.

Strikes definitely need an expiration date - even 90 days would work for me.
I must not be in the “inner circle” who receives only a one-week suspension. I am on day 10 of the suspension that began on 8/26.

IMG_3236.jpeg

Reactions: m5james
Is it 1 week of driving or one calendar week even if parked no driving before restored?

I have 4 strikes all for looking at map while driving or just not moving the steering wheel enough even though hands were on steering. Long drive coming up in 8 days no driving till then and I don't want to risk being without it so wondering if I force one more strike & suspension how the week will be counted.

Is it 1 week of driving or one calendar week even if parked no driving before restored?

I have 4 strikes all for looking at map while driving or just not moving the steering wheel enough even though hands were on steering. Long drive coming up in 8 days no driving till then and I don't want to risk being without it so wondering if I force one more strike & suspension how the week will be counted.
Just to be clear here, on your long drive, even if you are in FSDb suspension, you will still be able to use autopilot/auto-steer, which is really all you truly need on a long trip, unless you're taking some odd, long trip through city roads. I have FSD beta and have it turned off 99% of the time (which is functionally equivalent to being in suspension) and I still use autopilot/Navigate on Autopilot for at least 80% of the time I'm in the car.

Reactions: KArnold
Dozens of interchanges and I find FSDbeta handles auto lane changes and highway interchanges better. Does anyone know about the 7 day question? And exactly 7*24hrs if 7 calendar days not driving days?

Dozens of interchanges and I find FSDbeta handles auto lane changes and highway interchanges better. Does anyone know about the 7 day question? And exactly 7*24hrs if 7 calendar days not driving days?
I did not sit in the car and watch the clock but have gone through this twice unfortunately. To date it's been within a couple hours of "seven 24-hour periods" before I noticed - most likely it's a week to the minute.

It s one calendar week. And while you keep autosteer and navigate on autopilot, the version you keep behaves quite differently, for better and for worse.

I did not sit in the car and watch the clock but have gone through this twice unfortunately. To date it's been within a couple hours of "seven 24-hour periods" before I noticed - most likely it's a week to the minute.

Thank you both! Very helpful. I work multiple sites and take subway to most of them. If I know I have >7 days between drives I may force the final strike so it resets. All my strikes have come when I *was* paying attention / mostly looking at the road (glancing at screen to check traffic) and *did* have hands on the wheel!

It would help if the "blue" torque nag changed the entire display to flashing so peripheral vision would make it easy to see, or had an optional unique tone that was not muted even if nav is muted.

Thank you both! Very helpful. I work multiple sites and take subway to most of them. If I know I have >7 days between drives I may force the final strike so it resets. All my strikes have come when I *was* paying attention / mostly looking at the road (glancing at screen to check traffic) and *did* have hands on the wheel!

It would help if the "blue" torque nag changed the entire display to flashing so peripheral vision would make it easy to see, or had an optional unique tone that was not muted even if nav is muted.
I ve found you sometimes dont get a warning. It just flips out  because you glance over at the screen.

Reactions: KArnold
I ve found you sometimes dont get a warning. It just flips out  because you glance over at the screen.
I have only had my model Y performance for about 2 weeks - so go ahead and call me a “noob“ if you want. Only got the car for the Funky Self Driving (burp). I got my first strike w/in the first 100 miles on my way home and if it came with a warning I never saw it. I got the next one when I tried to open the glovebox while driving and it was instantaneous. I never saw any warnings before the third strike, either, so I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I have all of 244 miles on the car. I am going to setup a camera to record the screen while I drive and maybe figure out what is going on. I wear glasses or sunglasses. I cannot normally see the bottom left part of the screen while driving because my right hand is in the way. I do not have a steering wheel weight. This is confusing and disappointing.

That’s a GREAT video. I still have two more strikes before I get locked out, though, so I will be on the look out for blue flashes.
I still think we have all been sold a bill of goods by Tesla and I worked myself up into such a snit that I contacted a Class Action Law Firm. Here is there response:

“Dear Mr. Forbes,

Thank you for contacting my firm. I am sorry to hear about your experiences regarding Tesla. However, after having reviewed the situation and the related circumstances, I do not believe my firm will be able to represent you in that regard. It is our understanding that Tesla utilized an arbitration agreement in its purchase agreement. The agreement dictates arbitration (and not Court) is the only means by which to resolve your dispute. Such agreements were generally prohibited by law in the past and not supported by most state laws. However, a majority of the members of the U.S. Supreme Court (specifically the late Justice Scalia and the more conservative judges) have more recently ruled in favor of such agreements. Under the Biden administration, it is expected that the U.S. Congress may enact legislation to do away with the use of arbitration agreements in such situations, but that is for a day down the road. Accordingly, we cannot represent you in this matter, as my firm does not represent clients in arbitration.

This does not mean, however, that you do not have viable claims. It simply means that my firm will not be handling the case. Therefore, I would recommend that another attorney be contacted if you still wish to pursue the claim(s). You should do this as soon as possible since you will be prevented from bringing a lawsuit (or filing an arbitration claim if applicable) if you do not file a lawsuit (or arbitration claim) within a legally prescribed time period.

Thank you again for considering my firm. If I can assist you in any way in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

John F. Edgar

EDGAR LAW FIRM LLC

(888) 352-0338

[email protected]

www.edgarlawfirm.com

It is NOT one calendar week. I got 5 strikes and went to jail 3 times over the past months. I’m currently in it even.

it will reset exactly one week after the time you get your last strike. It must be hard coded Now because that’s what it does.

even though the warn8ngs and texts say appx 1 week, it’s actually 1 week to the minute (I don’t know if you’re driving but if the car is idle then it resets exactly then).

I do hope they get rid of nags and strikes soon. i only get strikes at night when the cabin camera thinks I’m not looking. Usually it works ok but sometimes it gives me instant warnings and after 2 you seem to get a strike.

My MYP hates my hat. I was driving into the morning sun such that the sun visor couldn’t shade my eyes - the sun was between the interior mirror and the visor. So I pulled my baseball-style cap over my right eye and got a “look at the road“ warning, even though I was looking straight ahead. I looked up at the camera and BANG got a disconnect and a strike. I didn’t realize it was the cap that was the problem right away and I had to complete the rest of the drive without FSDb. Seems odd that my sunglasses, which are dark enough to block actual sight of my eyes, don’t seem to bother it, but my cap does.