Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooo…can anyone confirm the “two week” reset? From this point forward do all FSD beta versions let you out of jail after two weeks? Or was the two weeks a reference to a wishful (and ridiculous) idea that new firmware comes out every two weeks?

Sooooo…can anyone confirm the “two week” reset? From this point forward do all FSD beta versions let you out of jail after two weeks? Or was the two weeks a reference to a wishful (and ridiculous) idea that new firmware comes out every two weeks?
I think so, it even tells you on screen that you will lose access for two weeks. I'll let you know in a week and a half.

I've been running 10.69.3.3 for about two months, but got booted easily a month ago and still no update. All threads I search for 10.69.3.3 are from like 4mo ago so I'm unable to find anything relevant as to why I'm still waiting for the newest update to get FSD back. I've put in a service ticket once and was told I bascially needed to hurry up and wait, put in another about a week ago since the "Your car software is up to date as of _______" was stuck on a mid March date, a few days later the date finally started being accurate to the current date...still no FSD update though. I've seen posts here talking about people intentionally getting their 3rd or 5th strike (interior camera dependent, which I don't have) and/or resetting something in the service menu (something I've never been in before) so I'm at a loss as to why I see posts every day across multiple platform yet I'm seeing nothing. Any suggestions on what I can do on my end?

So yes, 2 weeks and a day later, I have Beta back. No updates in the meantime.
My biggest regret is it hurt my insurance score pretty badly.
When you got access again, did it reset to 5 strikes until the next 2 week lockout or only 1 strike until the next lockout?

I'm trying to figure out if it's 5 strikes, then 2 weeks lockout (soon 1 week with 11.4.2), then 5 strikes again, then 2 weeks, etc.

When you got access again, did it reset to 5 strikes until the next 2 week lockout or only 1 strike until the next lockout?

I'm trying to figure out if it's 5 strikes, then 2 weeks lockout (soon 1 week with 11.4.2), then 5 strikes again, then 2 weeks, etc.
After the 2 weeks (now 1) it resets to 0 strikes. It no longer resets on updates like it used to. So over how every many months/weeks it takes you to accumulate the 5 strikes. Then it stops working for 2 (now 1) weeks. Then you are back to 0 strikes.

It seems that the strikes never drop off. I subscribed to FSD on 7/15 and cancelled so it would not renew on 8/15. By the end of the 30-day subscription period, I had accumulated 4 strikes. (I’ll mention that 2 of the 4 strikes were completely arbitrary; I was not doing anything wrong.) I re-subscribed to FSD on 8/26 for A 1,500-mile road trip. To my dismay, the Autopilot screen showed that I still had all 4 strikes. The first day of my FSD subscription renewal I was pulling up Waze, FSD didn’t like my level of eyecontact, so issued the 5th strike, so then receive the notification that I am suspended for 2 weeks. I am not disputing that I received a strike for not maintaining consistent eye contact. I am disappointed that previous strikes either do not expire, or take long to expire.

This bothers me too. I have FSD beta on the car, got a few strikes right at first until I figured out how to drive it without getting strikes and then didnt get any more strikes for quite sometime. Then last week, I look over at the screen to adjust the vents away from my eyes and bamp, strike 4. It s been a couple months since I got strike 3!

I also see references in this thres to the fact you still have FSD, just not beta. My car s warning said I will lose autosteer with 1 more strike. That doesn't sound loke i ll have FSD.

so then receive the notification that I am suspended for 2 weeks
It's now 1 week.

I also see references in this thres to the fact you still have FSD, just not beta. My car s warning said I will lose autosteer with 1 more strike. That doesn't sound loke i ll have FSD.
You still have FSD and only lose FSDb.

Cars without an interior camera get 3 strikes v 5. When I get 2 strikes I'll try to find a convenient time with minimal planned drives to force the 3rd. I'd prefer to "strike out" on my schedule, not Elon's. Just went through this as I get a strike every few months.

Strikes definitely need an expiration date - even 90 days would work for me.

Reactions: dansev
Well, that’s good to hear. I actually am not that interested in the beta anyway. I bought my car used and FSD came with it and I never planned on signing up for beta, yet that’s what I have every FSD user gets beta, I guess. I do, however, really want auto steer. I usually do one six-hour round trip per week. I’d hate to lose auto steer for two trips every few months.

Well, that’s good to hear. I actually am not that interested in the beta anyway. I bought my car used and FSD came with it and I never planned on signing up for beta, yet that’s what I have every FSD user gets beta, I guess. I do, however, really want auto steer. I usually do one six-hour round trip per week. I’d hate to lose auto steer for two trips every few months.
You won't lose auto-steer on the highway, just auto-steer "on city streets" which is mostly unusable in the way you want anyway. You'll still be able to double-click on the gear stalk on the highway and have all the auto-steer and Navigate on Autopilot features the previous owner paid for.

Reactions: Familyman5821
It's now 1 week.

You still have FSD and only lose FSDb.

Cars without an interior camera get 3 strikes v 5. When I get 2 strikes I'll try to find a convenient time with minimal planned drives to force the 3rd. I'd prefer to "strike out" on my schedule, not Elon's. Just went through this as I get a strike every few months.

Strikes definitely need an expiration date - even 90 days would work for me.
Now I know. I only intend to subscribe to FSDb when I have work road trips planned. From now on, if I log three or more strikes during the FSDb subscription period, I will intentionally force strikes before the end of the subscription to force myself into a suspension. Now the question is if the two-week “time-out” clock pauses while the subscription is expired (not renewed).

I bought the Enhanced Autopilot with the car so I would have the Autosteer with Navigate on Autopilot. This only works on limited access highways. I was also hoping for the return of summon; let’s see if that ever happens.

As for what additional functionality do I still have while on an FSDb suspension? I have this “Traffic LIght and Stop Sign Control.” I think it’s very strange because i did not see this functionality available with just the Enhanced Autopilot nor did I recognize it as an option while I was using FSDb. Basically, the car still warn that it’s going to stop at the next traffic signal or stop sign unless I push through the intersection with the accelerator or gear stalk.