Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm discussing the chance Tesla will upgrade people from HW3 to HW4 when that's needed. I agree HW2 to HW3 is included. But nothing indicates they will upgrade anyone to HW4 for free even if it's needed

Other than the fact that if it's needed to deliver the promised features then it is needed and they'd have no choice

There'd be no obligation to upgrade if it's not required to deliver promised features. Otherwise there would be.

How is this not self evident? It's why they upgraded folks to HW3 if they bought FSD in the first place

Because it was needed to deliver some of the promised features.

Did Tesla promise an Autonomous car or Full Self Driving?

Neither.

They promised the car will be able to conduct long or short drives under almost all circumstances with no action required of anyone in the drivers seat (for pre-march 2019 buyers anyway)

That is a minimum of L4 under the SAE guidelines, as L3 and lower require actions by the person in the drivers seat under various conditions (always, for L2, and when asked for L3). L4 is the lowest level that satisfies the requires NO action promise.

Reactions: daktari
So the idea that it doesn’t recognize boulders in the road does not give you pause?

But I am not sure why you are looking for a Tesla literally driving off a cliff. I guess I have lost the thread.
no but the consequences for running into a bolder and off a cliff are different.

Putting the driving off a cliff aside, what are your thoughts on this? Two to four weeks?
For the button? Maybe by Christmas

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Maybe we need to start a "FSD Constant Argument" thread topic to give them a place to play? :p
It seems like most threads in most forums have the same issues with widening the topic. It's been that way since 'dial up bulletin boards'. For a long stretch HD maps seemed to take over every thread regardless of the primary topic of the thread.

1631731109436.png

Source:

There'd be no obligation to upgrade if it's not required to deliver promised features. Otherwise there would be.
And we all agree that if you bought FSD (not just your car) after April 2019, the only promised features take you to city streets autosteer. And even "city streets autosteer" is a very weakly defined feature set.

So yeah, only people that bought FSD before April 2019 are getting HW updates beyond HW3.

And we all agree that if you bought FSD (not just your car) after April 2019, the only promised features take you to city streets autosteer. And even "city streets autosteer" is a very weakly defined feature set.

So yeah, only people that bought FSD before April 2019 are getting HW updates beyond HW3.

Only folks who bought before April 2019 are required to get them. It'd be up to Tesla doing a cost/benefit on if anyone after gets it but no obligation legally.

Though it's actually very likely if you think about the math that it WILL benefit Tesla to include it for FSD owners.

But then we went over that exact thing- with my already having said exactly that last night- so you seem stuck on repeat.

-
What they get, and what they're legally owed, might not be the same thing.

Legally Tesla didn't "owe" all the 3P buyers a $5000 refund when they decided to make the PUP standard- but they offered them one anyway for example.

It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to reward those who bought FSD at full price an additional HW upgrade if it turns out needed for >L2, but I don't think they'd necessarily have a legal obligation to provide one.

And it's not like you can claim you missed the post- since you replied to it at the time.

Once again I'm forced to question your interest in actual honest discussion.

• Funny
Reactions: n.one.one
@DirtyT3sla does FSD Beta 10 consistently switch away from the right lane with the bike road marking (and if so, was it fine with previous versions)? My guess is this is the new Lanes neural network predicting the right lane was a dedicated bike lane and knew it didn't want to go straight, so it ended up in the wrong turn lane.

It initially correctly predicted the path to the right lane:
correct right.jpg

But once it noticed the bike road marking, it changed:
confused sharrow.jpg

The "sharrow" looks very much like the usual bike road marking, but the arrows above it means it's not actually a dedicated bike lane but a Shared Lane Marking for cars to drive and a recommendation for bikes to be at that position.

• Love
Reactions: rxlawdude
@DirtyT3sla does FSD Beta 10 consistently switch away from the right lane with the bike road marking (and if so, was it fine with previous versions)? My guess is this is the new Lanes neural network predicting the right lane was a dedicated bike lane and knew it didn't want to go straight, so it ended up in the wrong turn lane.

View attachment 709683

View attachment 709684

The "sharrow" looks very much like the usual bike road marking, but the arrows above it means it's not actually a dedicated bike lane but a Shared Lane Marking for cars to drive and a recommendation for bikes to be at that position.
Interesting thought. I haven't really noticed that behavior and on the next go it got it right. So tbh I'm not sure :)

View attachment 709683

View attachment 709684

It does look like it's not catching the stripes above indicating shared bike/auto lane. Would be interesting to know if that's happening universally or was just this one beta tester's experience.

Only folks who bought what? The car or the FSD license?

Who purchased FSD, since when you buy it determines what feature set you are promised with the purchase.

But again running some basic math suggests that continuing to include HW upgrades to buyers (again buyers- not renters- the math is totally different for renters) even if not legally obligated to is the financially correct decision for Tesla to make so I wouldn't be especially concerned about not getting HW4 (if it turns out to be necessary) even as a post 3/19 buyer.