Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Set up a free TomTom account first.
OK I created a free TomTom account. It allows me to buy maps and navigation devices. I don’t see any way to update its maps. What am I missing?

I did a quick search and I don’t see consensus on where Tesla gets speed limit data. Are you sure it is from TomTom, and that it will be updated by TomTom user input?

OK I created a free TomTom account. It allows me to buy maps and navigation devices. I don’t see any way to update its maps. What am I missing?

I did a quick search and I don’t see consensus on where Tesla gets speed limit data. Are you sure it is from TomTom, and that it will be updated by TomTom user input?

Just click on the link to MapShare that he posted. Will take you to the map where you can add updates

See my TomTom thread. Lots of info there.

We can get TomTom to update - but when that flows to the car is an open question.

Another impressive 10.6.1 drive. It will be interesting to see the results from long time testers like Chuck Cook (@Chazman92) and Dirty Tesla (@DirtyT3sla) who drive challenging routes on a consistent basis.
Seems like 10.6.1 is minor fix from 10.6 and I've never heard the reason. In any event I'm more interested in the next vesion.

9c9CypF.jpg

Very impressive drive with no interventions. This is during the day with heavy traffic, pedestrians, etc.
The Rocco Speranza video just above was at night, in the rain, with light traffic and also did pretty well.
This may be a meaningful update.

Seems like 10.6.1 is minor fix from 10.6 and I've never heard the reason. In any event I'm more interested in the next vesion.

9c9CypF.jpg

If 1.6.1 is better than 1.6 - it could mean there was an issue with 1.6 build (may be left out some changes inadvertently).

If 1.6.1 is better than 1.6 - it could mean there was an issue with 1.6 build (may be left out some changes inadvertently).
Chuck Cook's (@Chazman92) videos on 10.6 exhibited some serious wonkiness. The problem that stood out for me was the 'fishtailing' he experienced several times after completing left turns. My guess is that Tesla fixed that and other items but didn't list those fixes as new features. The bottom line is that based on four videos 10.6.1 seems pretty solid. We'll see what other video's show and what folks report here based on their own experiences.

Not watching it what’s the synopsis?

Ski
Generally, small overall improvement over 10.5, but he did experience "Take Over Immediately" warnings being induced by a "System Error" quite frequently.

While I don't agree with people pimping their own YouTube channels here on the forums, DirtyTesla doesn't do that, and his videos are well done, informative, and don't have a fanboi bias to them. Worth watching his stuff, IMO.

Reactions: Skione65
DirtyTesla has a bit of a positive bias, where he tends of brush off pretty significant errors while lauding simple stuff, but his are definitely some of the better videos lately

I‘d have a hard time using GREAT to describe much of that drive though, the car comes to a totally unnecessary full stop in the driving lane within like 15 seconds of getting into the urban environment but I guess it’s not so bad because it’s just a slightly worse version of pre-existing bad behaviour.

I feel like some of these testers have seen some of the same issues for so long, they tend to disregard them despite being significant while jumping on any small improvement elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EVNow