Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You haven’t watched enough of his vids then. He’s been pretty scathing about Beta in some vids.
We should make a list of youtubers here that are consistently positive (like WholeMars ...) and people who aren't pushing a particular line.

The ones I've found to be reliable and subscribe to are
- Tesla Daily
- Dirty Tesla
- Chuck Cook
- Frenchie
- AIAddict (has access to employee car)

Ones who hype ...
- WholeMarsCatalog
- Hyperchange

Does anyone with FSD Beta also have the Sentry Mode Live View?
I have 2021.36.8.9 & also have the Tesla app with the Security section that allows me to turn the Sentry Mode Live View on or off, but when I select it, ti doesn't do anything (like give me the option to see the Live View.
I know at first FSD Beta didn't offer the Live View, but I was wondering if that's changed yet....
Thanks.

The latest from Elon.

1638826897579.png

Not surprised that FSD Beta 10.6 would be confused at a 5-way crested angled intersection (audio warning - scream):
5-way angled crested.jpg

Seems like the predicted path initially favors the (illegal) left turn as something confident in what it "sees" than potentially following other vehicles to where it believes is not a road. Although I wonder if it's generally safe to assume there's a road if other lead vehicles are doing so?

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff N and EVNow
works for me on 2021.36.8.8
Thanks joelliot.
When I select "Security" on the app, I get a "Sentry Mode" selection that I can slide the slider to the right. When I do that the red circle lights up to the left of the "Sentry Mode" selection. But, then when I try to then select the "Sentry Mode" option, nothing happens. I thought that by selecting the "Sentry Mode", it would take me to a page showing me the live views (4 of them). Am I not doing this correctly? And, I tried this while my car is parked/locked at a store (ie - not in my garage).

Not surprised that FSD Beta 10.6 would be confused at a 5-way crested angled intersection (audio warning - scream):
View attachment 741369
Seems like the predicted path initially favors the (illegal) left turn as something confident in what it "sees" than potentially following other vehicles to where it believes is not a road. Although I wonder if it's generally safe to assume there's a road if other lead vehicles are doing so?

We have a large number of intersections in Seattle where the road is simply not visible because of the steep angle. I guess SF is the same.

1638828328829.png

Reactions: Jeff N
Anyone else waiting for FSD to cross dashed - bicycle lane when making right turns? Second to last turn to my house is a right turn and FSD refuses to cross into the bicycle lane when preparing and making this turn (even after it becomes dashed) which means my car occupies the whole lane until the very last second. Cars behind me don't expect this behavior and it annoys them and seems dangerous. This assumes no bicyclist, of course.
I don’t think this is specific to the bike lane. I sometimes see this behavior with dedicated right turn lanes that are not marked as bike lanes.

We have a large number of intersections in Seattle where the road is simply not visible because of the steep angle. I guess SF is the same.
Yes, I see the same thing with intersections in SF that transition from a relatively flat road to a steep decline beginning immediately after the intersection. The car presumably cannot see that the road continues because of the steep drop off but it handles just fine by assuming, as humans do, that the road continues and we are not just driving off of the edge of the planet.

Thanks joelliot.
When I select "Security" on the app, I get a "Sentry Mode" selection that I can slide the slider to the right. When I do that the red circle lights up to the left of the "Sentry Mode" selection. But, then when I try to then select the "Sentry Mode" option, nothing happens. I thought that by selecting the "Sentry Mode", it would take me to a page showing me the live views (4 of them). Am I not doing this correctly? And, I tried this while my car is parked/locked at a store (ie - not in my garage).

Never mind. It's not an iphone Tesla app issue, it's a "my Model S isn't supported for that feature yet" issue. Hoping it will be supported down the line.

I guess SF is the same
Yeah, here's a couple examples of reasonable path predictions for standard 4-way intersections except facing uphill where neural networks are probably inferring based on the presence of traffic lights/signs, building spacing and other cues:
cresting right.jpg

The route actually wants to go straight here but the neural networks kept jumping between no road ahead for a T-intersection prediction and a 4-way, so the predicted path also kept changing -- here briefly preferring a left turn:
cresting left.jpg

I would think one of the main differences between these SF intersections and that failed 5-way Atlanta one (other than potentially having these specific SF intersections as part of the training set already) is that these SF ones are much smaller maybe 50 feet across while the angled one is over 200 feet from the stop line to the other side.

Reactions: EVNow