Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downtown San Jose: driving onto train track issue resolved with FSD 10.8
0:52 Right Turn Across Bike Lane
4:11 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #1
5:22 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #2
5:47 Fails To Complete a Stop For Pedestrians
6:02 Right on Red
6:26 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #3
7:00 Hesitant Right On Red
7:15 Improperly Attempts Going Around Bus
7:30 Fails to Read "No Turn on Red"
7:46 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #4
8:08 Jay-Walking Pedestrian
8:28 Right on Red (with Pedestrian)
8:45 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #5

Downtown San Jose: driving onto train track issue resolved with FSD 10.8
0:52 Right Turn Across Bike Lane
4:11 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #1
5:22 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #2
5:47 Fails To Complete a Stop For Pedestrians
6:02 Right on Red
6:26 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #3
7:00 Hesitant Right On Red
7:15 Improperly Attempts Going Around Bus
7:30 Fails to Read "No Turn on Red"
7:46 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #4
8:08 Jay-Walking Pedestrian
8:28 Right on Red (with Pedestrian)
8:45 Railroad Tracks - Right Turn #5
This is probably the most positive video showcasing improvements I’ve seen. A lot of other videos focus on stress testing with unprotected turns and clearly 10.8 is not improved in that area at all

Wait - is the car turning right after waiting for a while or is he disengaging ?
As Matias stated it was manual bail out (or get T-boned) o_O BUT....in Beta 10.2 (I think) and below Beta would turn right then rerouted to make a right and loop back to the same intersection in an infinite loop. While that sounds bad at least it wasn't trying to kill him like it is now.:oops::oops:

So is that an improvement or a regression?:eek:🤣

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I just installed the FSD city beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6) on my 2018 S100D, a “legacy MS) but upgraded to AP3 and MCU2.

So I have the FSD city beta running on a ”vertical” screen. I also have the same FSD beta running on a 2019 M3. FSD visualiization display above steering wheel in MS is very nice, and of course pretty similar to that on screen in M3, BUT …

Speed limit disappears from MS display when enabling autopilot I only get currrent speed and max speed. No speed limit. What the????

I looked around to see if maybe speed limit is supposed to be on the main screen instead, but that makes no sense if it is there on the heads up screen behind the wheel before you enable AP. Haven’t tried it on Freeways yet.

I kinda hope it is my fault, it is somewhere and I just don’t see it …

A new video with nothing but unprotected lefts. Mixed results but clearly challenged by traffic.

Attempt 2 I’m not sure why the car swerved around and was honking at him. From the drone footage it looked like he wasn’t really even close to being in the road. I guess maybe the birds eye view perspective was too good and it looks scarier from a ground level. He was even further out on attempt 3 and that car approaching from the left there didn’t even swerve at all. The car definitely looked like it was doing something wrong, but the driver hit the brakes and intervened and there was no danger to the oncoming car.

I just installed the FSD city beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6) on my 2018 S100D, a “legacy MS) but upgraded to AP3 and MCU2.

So I have the FSD city beta running on a ”vertical” screen. I also have the same FSD beta running on a 2019 M3. FSD visualiization display above steering wheel in MS is very nice, and of course pretty similar to that on screen in M3, BUT …

Speed limit disappears from MS display when enabling autopilot I only get currrent speed and max speed. No speed limit. What the????

I looked around to see if maybe speed limit is supposed to be on the main screen instead, but that makes no sense if it is there on the heads up screen behind the wheel before you enable AP. Haven’t tried it on Freeways yet.

I kinda hope it is my fault, it is somewhere and I just don’t see it …
The lack of a speed limit sign has been a known issue on MX and I assume the MS is the same. See the first post in this thread from October 13th on FSD beta 10.2 - Model X (only) - FSD beta

The lack of a speed limit sign has been a known issue on MX and I assume the MS is the same. See the first post in this thread from October 13th on FSD beta 10.2 - Model X (only) - FSD beta
Thanks!

Weird that they haven’t fixed this 10.2 issue, even though we are now on 10.8. Hard to believe there is any good reason for it, and being able to know the last posted speed limit is a good safety feature.

Hmm, I suppose that 10.2 issue reported on MX could have been a refreshed MX with horizontal display, not a ”legacy” like mine. I will ask.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Weird that they haven’t fixed this 10.2 issue, even though we are now on 10.8. Hard to believe there is any good reason for it, and being able to know the last posted speed limit is a good safety feature.

Hmm, I suppose that 10.2 issue reported on MX could have been a refreshed MX with horizontal display, not a ”legacy” like mine. I will ask.
Legacy 2020 MX with a vertical screen.

Legacy 2020 MX with a vertical screen.
Yes.

In the last couple of days they have added lots of legacy S/X with vertical screens to FSD beta 10.8. If they are going to do that, they need to give attention to fsd issues on that platform hanging around since 10.2. I would expect something rather soon, because there is a safety component to this issue, not just convenience.

Thanks!

AHA! I may be that this (no speed limit display when using FSD visualization in MS/MX) is a “feature”.

On my MS, if I turn off the Autopilot option “Expanded Full Self-Driving Visualization”, leaving the normal “Full Self-Driving Visualization Preview” enabled, I get the speed limit in the display behind the steering wheel while AP is enabled, and ALSO the turn-by-turn visualization. Both of those are eliminated when you enable the “expanded” visualization, because that extra visualization would be covered. I have tried just one drive in this mode, so I haven’t yet found something that shows up in that extra screen real estate in the visualization that would have gotten covered.

ALSO haven’t had my MS on a freeway to see what the display looks like there, with/without the “expanded visualization” view. (I only recently got FSD beta on the MS, have had it for a while on the M3).