Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seem to have a real desire to make make a Beta version of a product into into something it is not. I.E. a ready for full release, polished product. While that is fine (we all want to see it done) you seem to expect the learning process to somehow not be relevant to the end goal. We all know it is still a work in progress.

Dan
I'm very happy with the concept, less happy with the execution. My concern is for the Beta testers, objects and innocent people it puts at risk. My comments are my opinions on what I have observed of its behaviour that's all. Tesla can conduct all the alpha & beta testing it wants on a closed course. The risky stuff we're seeing does not belong on public roads.

Can't they perfect a behaviour before releasing it, or at least prevent its use until it is.

I would suggest they ban unprotected left, merging with high speed vehicles from a stop, turning through high speed traffic. None of these are being done safely yet.

I'm very happy with the concept, less happy with the execution. My concern is for the Beta testers, objects and innocent people it puts at risk. My comments are my opinions on what I have observed of its behaviour that's all. Tesla can conduct all the alpha & beta testing it wants on a closed course. The risky stuff we're seeing does not belong on public roads.

Can't they perfect a behaviour before releasing it, or at least prevent its use until it is.

I would suggest they ban unprotected left, merging with high speed vehicles from a stop, turning through high speed traffic. None of these are being done safely yet.
The problem is you're looking for perfection. There is no such thing. There will always be accidents and deaths, even with Level 5. The important thing is making it significantly safer than a human driver.

I use my non-beta autopilot and NoA every day on the highways because it makes me a safer driver. Let these people do what they have agreed to do. They're doing a damn good job

Dan

One other quick thought I had while reading over @Dan D. post. He asks "Can't they perfect a behavior before releasing it, or at least prevent it's use until it is?". I think it is a very important distinction to realize that they have not "released" anything yet on the Beta FSD interface. That's why it is called Beta in the first place and why it is only being tested with a very small sampling of drivers. As to the "perfect" part, well...you know my views on that I think from my previous responses so I won't beleaguer the point here.

Dan

This is very impressive: recognizes a yellow light on a curve with other yellow lights in the background, starts stopping far in advance:

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 9.26.05 AM.png

2020.48.10.1 drive in rain conditions - 6:07 - Tesla Owners Silicon Valley
OT: BUT.....Deep Rain is sh$$ and on display in this video. The wipers are irritatingly dry wiping over and over in a super slow mist. They even go on full chop (low) at 3:30 and Double Chop (hi) at 5:15 in a slight mist that should be about a medium Intermittent if using a standard rain sensor.

Reactions: Electroman