Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ProjectSooner.png

Here he is a little earlier.

Attachments

• ProjectSooner.png
    ProjectSooner.png
    40 KB · Views: 37
Did you watch the video? If you were driving you would have not moved forward at all. The car was stopped at 0MPH and Chris already says "this guy is heading for the Crosswalk" before the car starts moving forward. It is clear he is about to cross.
View attachment 618847
I most definitely watched the video. Hence my comment on the fact a video says more than any snapshot.

I take issue with how people take a frame and then create a narrative. The car didn’t “lunge” at anyone as you stated.

Alansubie4life sure loves to rate posts “funny”.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Those are Red lights, not Yellow and it is before the Stop line intersection. If this intersection had Red Light cameras you would be busted.

View attachment 618898

I'm quite sure he was being sarcastic.

On second thought, he is a southern California driver so he may not be able to discern red vs. yellow. Or green.

Tesla Self Driving Beta Goes Underground! Update 2020.48.10.1 FSDBeta 7 Parallel Parking, Left Turns - 18:19 - Dirty Tesla
This is clearly running a red light and no debate about it.
I looked at 6:58 to see where the car usually stops to find the stopping point (which is just after the dashed lines are no longer visible past the car hood)

Starting at 15:47
Frames..Speed..Distance...Streetlight...UI Light
49............35.........8...............Green.......n/a
48............35.........7...............Yellow.......n/a
44............35.........5...............Yellow.......Yellow
9..............36.........1...............Red..........Yellow
0..............36.........0...............Red..........Yellow
+2............36.........+0.25........Red...........Red

Frames is before the stopping point
Distance is approximate car lengths from stopping point

• Light turns Red before car gets to the line
  • Car crosses line on Red
  • Car UI doesn't register Red light until 0.25 car lengths after crossing line (UI may be delayed)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Tesla Self Driving Beta Goes Underground! Update 2020.48.10.1 FSDBeta 7 Parallel Parking, Left Turns - 18:19 - Dirty Tesla
2:00 Dirty Tesla disengages FSD, loses his train of conversation. Says "sorry it gets me a little distracted when that stuff happens".
Yes, wouldn't want the driving to distract you from making the video.
Just kidding, he took the turn fine and was paying enough attention. Just a funny thing to say.

7:48 Why would it head straight for the concrete wall and not stop? What is it trying to do?
Ok, so it's not currently programmed to handle some tight underground parking. Fine. But why does it not avoid the walls? Also curb strikes seem occasional still with other people.

3:12 Crossing double yellows into oncoming lane. Nice
11:00 Driving in shared center lane for no reason

Fsd beta handles construction and neighborhood very good - Tesla Owners Silicon Valley

Kind of an odd one to me. He keeps praising how well FSD is doing but while nothing too bad it seems a little more consistently herky jerky than usual and makes some odd maneuvers that don't follow the road very well. Also the new camera setup looks like it is in the way of his view.:eek: