Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like his threshold of "necessary" is to avoid an accident. I realize he's testing this case at 1am with nobody nearby, but FSD beta suddenly changed lanes in an intersection then switched back after realizing it followed the wrong lines, and he let the car do its thing:

View attachment 607782

Unclear if Autopilot team is relying on active disengagements and feedback to notice this issue or if there's triggers to detect patterns of "this sudden maneuver wasn't necessary / turned out to be wrong."
Well what would your definition of "necessary" be if it weren't to avoid an accident?!

I think he should've hit the camera icon to report that incident where it was lane seeking but I wouldn't call his behavior anywhere near dangerous or irresponsible given the situation.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Well what would your definition of "necessary" be if it weren't to avoid an accident?!
I suppose some people might think staying on the correct side of double yellow lines is usually necessary, but I guess to be fair, FSD beta did switch over to the right side pretty quickly without intervention.

wrong side.jpg

Parking lot in moderate rain - Video #7 - 7:22 - Zeb Hallock
v.13
Cool stuff. I’m impressed with how it handled the parking lot overall. Speed limit for the residential street at the end needs to be fixed. There was no speed limit sign for it to detect, so it kept it at 45, which isn’t good when it’s a narrow residential street with driveways and a large potential for cars to be backing out or kids running into the street. They’re probably going to have to somehow have the car figure out context in situations like that. And the weird double stop signs in his neighborhood are definitely an edge case that Tesla needs to figure out how to adapt to. But still very impressive.

I suppose some people might think staying on the correct side of double yellow lines is usually necessary, but I guess to be fair, FSD beta did switch over to the right side pretty quickly without intervention.

View attachment 607854
But the point was if he was being safe and ready to intervene. Seems to me that he let the car make a mistake but I'm still not seeing anything that indicates the individual is being wildly unsafe. He's seeing how the car reacts and taking over when necessary.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Version numbering is strange - I have 2020.44.10.1 - but none of this FSD Beta.

I think it just got the Traffic Light warning stuff - use Accelerator or Stalk to continue messages.

We are so far behind the USA. Restricted Autosteer to boot.