Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD & HW3 Clarification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Point taken. Older/current cars could be grandfathered at some level of autonomy....

Tesla may be counting on AP2.0 cars being (mostly) on the way out by ‘whenever’ it really matters.

Unless someone bought FSD upfront (cheaper than current pricing?) or in the recent 'sale', I doubt any 2.0 owners will upgrade to FSD.

The current and previous price to upgrade from no AP to full FSD is crazy, about 1/3 the price or a brand new Model 3.

I bought FSD for our AP 2.0 car at the recent 'sale', it only cost £400 more than what Enhanced AP cost as customer order, and actually cheaper previous price for retroactivation of Enhanced AP.

I guess us AP 2.0 owners just have to wait and seen what FSD gets us, but one thing is for sure the current pricing for post delivery FSD is nuts!!

32490956537_ec3d122db8_z_d.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Unless someone bought FSD upfront (cheaper than current pricing?) or in the recent 'sale', I doubt any 2.0 owners will upgrade to FSD.

The current and previous price to upgrade from no AP to full FSD is crazy, about 1/3 the price or a brand new Model 3.

I bought FSD for our AP 2.0 car at the recent 'sale', it only cost £400 more than what Enhanced AP cost as customer order, and actually cheaper previous price for retroactivation of Enhanced AP.

I guess us AP 2.0 owners just have to wait and seen what FSD gets us, but one thing is for sure the current pricing for post delivery FSD is nuts!!

32490956537_ec3d122db8_z_d.jpg
Good grief. That seems to support the theory that other items besides the ‘FSD Computer’ ARE included with the eventual upgrade for those cars (if I’m understanding correctly). Sensors, harnesses, who knows what all.

Or it’s just a projection/estimate to say: you want it? Here’s a number, we don’t know what it will take, but here’s an estimate!

Thanks @Scott. I didn’t read that far down into the responses. I still am a bit weary about the hardware differences, as I see this as being a potential significant expense to retrofit (especially the camera upgrade / replacement), if necessary. Time will tell I suppose.
Don't doubt it's expensive, nor disagree, but let's remember, we paid for FSD. It's now just becoming understood what its going to take to make it happen (software, CPU, hardware, camera and $$),and it's Tesla's responsibility to make it happen or refund cost.

Dzm

Last edited:
Don't doubt it expensive, nor disagree but let's remember, we paid for FSD. It's now just becoming understood what its going to take to make it happen (software, CPU, hardware, camera and $$).and it's Tesla's responsibility to make it happen or refund cost.

Dzm
Well said, @DZM. I suppose that my concern is that the AP HW 2.0 cars won’t be capable, and will simply require the refund. Let’s hope that they make good on this, as they have with much else, at least in my experience, thus far.