Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD license should be tied to owner not vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never really thought about it, but now it's kind of funny. The argument lots of people make is that NN's "learn" and do it "exponentially" and that things aren't hard coded and that we're just about to ride the S curve up.
And then they get all excited for a complete rewrite. What are we rewriting if the NN's were working and learning, and isn't a rewrite a reset on all that learning?
Good point. I think this system is supposed to adapt and improve based on us continually providing data. Kind of like training a voice recognition system. Maybe it has all the data but the system doesn’t know what to do with it all. 😂

My thought is there is so much to learn. For example, one use case, I would expect the cameras to see a pickup truck in front of me with its bed full going too slow and potentially dropping stuff to be able to recognize that and automatically switch lanes and pass the car at the next opportunity. Short of that, maybe a voice command where you can say pass vehicle when able. If you have to disengage the AP to do such a maneuver then it just becomes annoying. For me it is either true FSD or nothing. If you have to babysit the system it is just easier to drive, no?