Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD may require a hardware upgrade...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So based on the above I assume you have not purchased the autopilot or full self-driving options and thus have no reason to even be on this thread?
I have EVERY right to be in this thread as do you. Take your faux policing and attempts to squelch discussion elsewhere. North Korea might have a position for someone like you.

What about tesla network?!

TM Is pitching that your AP2 model 3 for $35k will eventually drive off while you are sleeping.. pick random people up.. drop them off.. charge.. and keep going.

Let's say someone throws up in the back of your car.. what is your proof? Or kills someone and delivers the dead body to your garage??

I guess the people definitely assume there needs to be a AP3.0 for tesla network, and it has to have cabin camera?
Model 3 has an interior camera, it was just discovered in one of the product shots. :)

Legally, all they need to do is to keep working on AP2, for 10+ years or whatever, and just say that the software is not ready. Just continue to do it until pretty much all AP2 cars have already been junked, then little to no financial liability. There's no time limit as to how long the software would take.
I think you'll find that what you suggest is not really legal. What you suggest would not stand up against a reasonable standard in any court of law. Let's see what happens with the class action against Tesla. I'll bet you that it gets settled very soon.

• Informative
Reactions: oktane
Reality distortion field in effect. full self driving? Full driver punishment.

a-clockwork-orange-puremovies-620x299.jpg

You will keep watching the road!

On level 4,5 you dont need to pay attention to the road... only on 2 and below.
On 3, the car should be able to stop/pull over if you dont intervene if needed.
So why would it need a camera to check?

Probably intended more for the ride sharing monitoring? Who knows... EM was anti-selling/playing down the Model 3 so much, nothing would surprise me anymore...

Reactions: Saghost
Up to level 4 someone can take over, and goal is to have ppl ride in back...

Aka liability nightmare.

Some L3/L4 system can use tech to know if driver is paying attention, etc. and act accordingly.

How do so many people not understand need for cabin cam?

Because Tesla's FSD (future) functionality seems to only be level 2.5, 3 if we're very very lucky a long time from now. A realistic assessment of the hardware suite says that this is what is possible.

People are really confused about what capabilities Tesla has now, and it's entirely Tesla's fault.

Reactions: AmpedRealtor
I sure hope that turning on FSD in AP2 S's built 'til now will not require us to swap our rear view mirrors out for a spy cam. But I'm not hopeful. :sigh: There goes your privacy while making your "o" face entertaining yourself during long autopilot drives...

I sure hope that turning on FSD in AP2 S's built 'til now will not require us to swap our rear view mirrors out for a spy cam. But I'm not hopeful. :sigh: There goes your privacy while making your "o" face entertaining yourself during long autopilot drives...

A small piece of black electrical tape over the interior camera hole is a quick solution.

But if it's a level 3 (or 4 or 5) system, the blame, by definition, lays solely on the self-driving system. If the driver needs to pay attention, then it's still level 2, no matter which road conditions it can handle.
Not completely correct. It's called a fallback. A level 3 system can hand off control to the driver with reasonable notice (wrt time).

https://www.sae.org/misc/pdfs/automated_driving.pdf

As I mentioned in my above example, if the car knows it's approaching a construction zone or snow or whatever, on L3, and it asks the driver to take over and he doesn't; having an in camera car can figure out if the driver is incapacitated and pull over earlier.

Do I think it's required? Not at all. But I can see where it could be useful for an L3.

Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

Even going by Tesla's statement, the bar is no longer "FSD" for a free hardware update, but just driving better than a human.

Huh? It's full-self-driving better than a human. The quote is:

However, we still expect to achieve full self-driving capability with safety more than twice as good as the average human driver without making any hardware changes to HW 2.0.

Sure, they might mean the system drives at the capability of my Uber driver this morning…. but they didn't change the terminology "full self-driving capability".