Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD or Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a. Definitely Solar.

b. Then Powerwall. The House runs off the solar in the morning (also charging the battery), House runs off batteries while at shoulder/peak rate, selling all solar back to the grid). Car charges from super-off peak at night, which is more than offset by selling peak rate to the grid. Result = $0 electric bill, for house and car.

c. FSD. Helps out on the commute, paid for by a+b energy savings.

• Love
Reactions: Thp3
Solar!

It will help you with your Tesla nearly every day.

A battery or two are great upgrades. I have a gas backup generator and I’m waiting for better integration tech between batteries and gas generators.

Note you can subscribe to FSD when you want to try it for a vacation or long driving trip.

I'm torn between getting FSD or putting the money towards converting our house to solar. I can get it on the previous $10k price, but I'm only 50% confident that FSD will work with the current sensor suite for our incoming Model Y.

I feel like the $10k would be better put into getting solar panels for our house.
In IL you get 25% from coal and 11% from gas. Nearly 50% from nuclear.

What is your house's provider's source ? If its mostly fossil sources, I'd say go with solar. If you get a lot from nuclear and you charge at night, you are mostly getting nuclear.

• Informative
Reactions: COS Blue