Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Orders without access to FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car required updates to cameras, double check the part numbers that were installed. I as well as many others on here took our cars in for the updates, but the service techs would install the same old cameras instead of the new and improved. Car recognizes it and doesn't offer FSD.
One of the tell tale signs is if the car hasn't switched form radar to the Tesla Vision (you will be prompted to accept Tesla Vision when it updates).

I'm in attempt #4 to get my cameras updated currently.

A while ago now Elon said all 160,000 people who bought FSD with a score above 80 would get FSD Beta. I’ve been in that camp for all of 2022, No FSD beta for me. Are there others out there like me too?
160,000 people already have FSD Beta according to the Tesla shareholder deck. During the earnings call (going on now), Elon said he expects everyone who has FSD and wants FSD Beta will get it in a month or so (but don't hold your breath).

If your car required updates to cameras, double check the part numbers that were installed. I as well as many others on here took our cars in for the updates, but the service techs would install the same old cameras instead of the new and improved. Car recognizes it and doesn't offer FSD.
One of the tell tale signs is if the car hasn't switched form radar to the Tesla Vision (you will be prompted to accept Tesla Vision when it updates).

I'm in attempt #4 to get my cameras updated currently.
My car is a 2022 Model X. It has the latest tech. Even my older Model X had the required tech (since I had FSD Beta on that one!)

Reactions: GSP
160,000 people already have FSD Beta according to the Tesla shareholder deck. During the earnings call (going on now), Elon said he expects everyone who has FSD and wants FSD Beta will get it in a month or so (but don't hold your breath).

Yeah I read that and heard that. But Elon also said that everyone who had applied to get FSD Beta and had a score above 80 would get it, and that didn't happen (at least for me).

Yeah I read that and heard that. But Elon also said that everyone who had applied to get FSD Beta and had a score above 80 would get it, and that didn't happen (at least for me).
Like many of us here waiting for FSDb, you're probably running 2022.28.2 or later software, which isn't compatible with the latest FSDb (10.69.2). In theory, if you don't allow another non-FSDb update for a while, you should get pushed FSDb when it catches up to the version you are running.

Like many of us here waiting for FSDb, you're probably running 2022.28.2 or later software, which isn't compatible with the latest FSDb (10.69.2). In theory, if you don't allow another non-FSDb update for a while, you should get pushed FSDb when it catches up to the version you are running.

Oh wow. I didn't know that. I am indeed on 2022.28.2. Should I switch to the non advanced update channel? Just so that I don't get another update?

Oh wow. I didn't know that. I am indeed on 2022.28.2. Should I switch to the non advanced update channel? Just so that I don't get another update?
No need to switch from the Advanced option, but if your car does tell you a new update is being downloaded, just don't allow it to actually install and you should be fine. My car had just updated to 2022.28.1 right before the last big FSDb push, so I've been waiting patiently for 10.69.3 to be released (in theory, within the next few days). That version should be based on 2022.28.x, or even better 2022.36.x, so those of us in the FSDb queue with 2022.28.x currently loaded should get the new push right away.

There's also some speculation that those who are in the FSDb queue with a Safety Score over 80 who are currently running 2022.28.x have not seen any updates lately, which may be intentional to ensure that we can join FSDb with the next release. I know I normally get the latest updates very early, and most people have already updated to 2022.36.x now, so I'm taking that as a good sign!

There's also some speculation that those who are in the FSDb queue with a Safety Score over 80 who are currently running 2022.28.x have not seen any updates lately, which may be intentional to ensure that we can join FSDb with the next release. I know I normally get the latest updates very early, and most people have already updated to 2022.36.x now, so I'm taking that as a good sign!
Interesting. My wife’s Model 3, which is in the FSD Beta queue, hasn’t received any updates since 2022.20.9. My Model S, which is not in the queue, has received multiple updates since 2022.20.x.

I am indeed on 2022.28.2. Should I switch to the non advanced update channel? Just so that I don't get another update?
It's fine updating to 2022.36.x like 2022.36.6, which seems to be the largest population right now. The next FSD Beta 10.69.3 is starting at 2022.36.15, so you should get added to FSD Beta soon. (The usual process lately is 10.69.3(.0) then 19.69.3.1 for adjustments then 10.69.3.2 for wider release of existing fleet then new additions.)