Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Ripoff or Not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah - I don't have that, and don't remember ever seeing the "third " button ( full self driving ) when I was subscribed.

currently not subscribed

Will try this weened if someone confirms that it is actually possible / I am eligible. ( I do not have tesla insurance anymore)
Send a screenshot of your software version and the autopilot screen. If you really have that software version, you should have the third tab, even if it's greyed out.

Send a screenshot of your software version and the autopilot screen. If you really have that software version, you should have the third tab, even if it's greyed out.

This is from the Y that only has standard AP,

M3P has EAP, and that's the one I tried the FSDb on back in march - don't have access to it at this moment ( wife's car)

Attachments

• IMG_2724-crop.jpeg
    IMG_2724-crop.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2725-crop.jpeg
    IMG_2725-crop.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 38
This is from the Y that only has standard AP,

M3P has EAP, and that's the one I tried the FSDb on back in march - don't have access to it at this moment ( wife's car)
I misread your post. You have 2023.20.7, not 2023.7.20.

If your car has HW4, it's not eligible for Beta. You would need 2023.7.20, which your version is higher then and you cannot roll back.

Reactions: Konicom04
A humans has an accident about 2 times per lifetime on average and FSD goes only 10-15 miles per DE (or 80 miles per critical DE) - source fsd community tracker. Let’s say this would cause an accident 1/100 times of the critical DE:s. That would mean it’s only a small fraction of human level safety. FSD would have 780 accidents per human lifetime vs 2 for humans.
If we accept your math of 780 accidents per lifetime, then EVERY SINGLE FSD DRIVER would have been in an accident this year. Or several.

Clearly that's not true, and with it goes this comparison.

How many folks actual buy FSD @ 15k? I've had 3 cars an MS with enhanced and currently MY with FSD and boy do I feel like a sucker paying 10k for it! This BS has been going on for many years and how do they feel that ists now worth 15K? I recently drove an ICE vehicle which had lane guidance and adaptive cruise and I feel it did just as good a job if not better than FSD. I know it doesn't recognize signals and other things but Jezz it was standard with the car!!! Had a friend pick up his car last week and he asked SA how many people are buying FSD and he answered about 1% :(
I agree with everything you have said. We bought a 2020 Model 3, LR. And paid for the FSD. Have not used it.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
FSD was offered for sale as an investment opportunity. It was seriously communicated that it was not a finished product and that there would be opportunities to participate in a Beta test program if you wished. You might not be chosen for the test program and if you were chosen, you might be dropped out of it at Tesla's option.

This was an interesting lottery ticket with a pretty stiff price, $2,000 to $15,000 depending upon when, but on the other hand, the odds of winning were perhaps much better than a more typical lottery ticket. I have it and don't feel ripped off at all. I've been writing computer programs for around 73 years and fully understand the 3 steps forward and 2 steps backward effect of fixing errors and omissions. Some of the things FSDb does are pretty aggravating, but I remain optimistic that it will be worth far more than I paid for it. If I don't live long enough to enjoy the finished product, the grandson who inherits the car probably will.

FSD was offered for sale as an investment opportunity. It was seriously communicated that it was not a finished product and that there would be opportunities to participate in a Beta test program if you wished. You might not be chosen for the test program and if you were chosen, you might be dropped out of it at Tesla's option.

This was an interesting lottery ticket with a pretty stiff price, $2,000 to $15,000 depending upon when, but on the other hand, the odds of winning were perhaps much better than a more typical lottery ticket. I have it and don't feel ripped off at all. I've been writing computer programs for around 73 years and fully understand the 3 steps forward and 2 steps backward effect of fixing errors and omissions. Some of the things FSDb does are pretty aggravating, but I remain optimistic that it will be worth far more than I paid for it. If I don't live long enough to enjoy the finished product, the grandson who inherits the car probably will.
Large computer institutions would not put up with 3 steps forward and 2 back. Especially large financial institutions But then again, some of the idiots in mgmt
probably wouldn't notice

Reactions: bnsfengineer
HW4 / heated b-pillar cams pretty much says any camera based systems are never going to perform adequately on HW3 platform.

Even basic tacc / radar no longer works if visibility compromised. (radar disabled)

Not even the prospect of FSD for me in UK as far as I can see. Any dreams now dead.