Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription possibly coming soon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been informed by Tesla that they're actively working on a FSD subscription for the UK. They don't have a timescale for launching it–but it's coming.

What are your opinions on this?

I've been informed by Tesla that they're actively working on a FSD subscription for the UK. They don't have a timescale for launching it–but it's coming.

What are your opinions on this?
Won't make a jot of difference to me. If I had wanted it I would have bought it when I got the car. Had a free trial of EAP and this confirmed that I had made the right choice for me. Aside from anything else driving on a dual carriageway is a rare occurrence!

I believe FSD is still a long way off being a genuinely viable prospect in the UK. Tesla can’t even eliminate utterly inexplicable phantom braking incidents in TACC so FSD in NEVER going to cope with all the idiot knuckleheads driving around in a typical Macclesfield rush hour.

As others have said... FSD just doesn't make sense in the UK, it's too heavily restricted by the laws, and not mature enough where it can. Like others I had the trial, and it confirmed not buying it when I bought the car was the right thing.

EAP is borderline better value but even that is mainly just Nav on AP the rest most of the time isn't useful.

So lets say, based on US pricing we'd be looking at £199/month. Nope, not paying that just for Nav on AP. £50, maybe... but not £199.

I think they'll have very low take-up, especially at that price, as even those that do, will cancel shortly after.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Unfortunately FSD ... despite the initials ... isn't full self driving. That's the case under any jurisdiction in the world. If we were talking about genuine full self driving I would revise my opinion, but we're clearly not.

Perhaps they are getting it ready as they will soon be able to offer compelling features as part of FSD, or there will have a 50% off EAP subscription offering. I agree that there isn't currently any real benefit in FSD over EAP.

I'm not paying for EAP while AP can't go under a bridge without threatening you with a funeral because it brake checked a lorry.

The batteries will need to be replaced before FSD will be useful in the UK.

I am really interested but I can't afford it right now. I have all my money tied up in the Brooklyn bridge and a unicorn farm.
Keeping on top of the unicorn rainbow poop really does eat into your finances 😀

On a more serious note I can’t see it happening any time soon in the UK as they still haven’t rolled it out in the US despite promising for months. They are also getting pushback from US regulators, with the latest being the National Transportation Safety Board describing FSD as “misleading and irresponsible.”

On a more serious note I can’t see it happening any time soon in the UK as they still haven’t rolled it out in the US despite promising for months. They are also getting pushback from US regulators, with the latest being the National Transportation Safety Board describing FSD as “misleading and irresponsible.”
whatever ties them up and keeps them from working on opening up the Supercharger network is fine with me 👍

Reactions: Jez_GB
A large part of the problem seems to be inconsistency. During my 300 mile round trip, I used AP, TACC and NoA wherever I could. (and sometimes where I shouldn’t…)
I passed large curtainsiders, went under dark bridges, encountered large shady spots and not once did I get a PB, even mildly. I always had my foot covering the throttle just in case. Even all my lane changes worked first time, every time.
Even when a car joined the carriageway beside me from a slip road nothing happened.
And yet, in another Tesla the results could be completely and alarmingly different.
On another drive somewhere else, I could easily be plagued.