Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to back out of my trade in and transfer of FSD. Does anyone know if I cancel it right now, with FSD still on my 2019 M3, am I *guaranteed* that the FSD will remain? I'm supposed to get the new MY on Tuesday. I really don't want to cancel the transaction, and then get in my M3 and find FSD gone...forever!

I want to back out of my trade in and transfer of FSD. Does anyone know if I cancel it right now, with FSD still on my 2019 M3, am I *guaranteed* that the FSD will remain? I'm supposed to get the new MY on Tuesday. I really don't want to cancel the transaction, and then get in my M3 and find FSD gone...forever!
Someone posted early language which mentioned your situation. Going from memory, it said FSD deletion could happen some time (up to a week?) before delivery, and is irreversible. The language may have since changed -- it sounded more like a rough draft than a fully thought-out policy. You should definitely ask, then get it in writing.

Well, I cancelled on Friday around 7pm. I took a video of my car showing it still had FSD and showing the date and time. They simply can't remove it from my car at this point. The transaction is cancelled. If they do remove it, they will put it back or I'll see them in court. Really don't want to deal with that! Isn't there some FSD transfer form I would have had to sign? I'm 99% sure I didn't get that form. (Lots of forms that one signs when buying a car, and I guess it's possible I got it via the app, but I don't think so.) Anyone have the form and remember how it was sent to them?

They cannot cancel it until you have a new VIN number assigned and signed the transfer agreement.

This new big discount got me ordering a Model S again yesterday. What happens if my new car is not delivered until October? No FSD transfer?
I wonder how many people are going to end up in the same boat of having ordered a vehicle in hopes of taking advantage of the FSD transfer but then the vehicle isn’t ready for delivery until after Sept 30. And if enough of those people would cancel their orders to make Elon think really hard about extending the transfer offer for folks with pending deliveries.

I placed an order for an “inventory” Model 3 a couple weeks ago thinking/hoping I’d get it by month’s end, but that’s looking unlikely now. In that case, I’ll more than likely cancel, unless mercurial overlord Elon decides to grant us poor souls an extension.

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
I knew it would be BACK at some point and certainly for 2017 through early 2019 vehicles where the perceived obligation to delivery some L4 capability (which is essentially impossible) to those owners who had purchase FSD (probably ~ 8% of vehicles sold during that time period)

So, if you want a new car and are happy ENOUGH with current and possible future state of FSD at this point, it’s a good deal to take at this point. Sadly, things like the new M3 “highland” don’t have newer HW4 tech, and possibly not even newer CAMERA tech so even moving up to that model it’s really more a look and feel upgrade than an engineering upgrade.