Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a refresh model s and I’m stuck on 2022.20.19

I have seen that some people are getting FSD v11. I hardly ever use FSD which honestly makes it seem like a waste of 15k. Really only want updates for the other features. Anyone have any idea when everyone should be getting the next FSD update? Hearing rumors of before thanksgiving but everyday I’m hoping to see the option to update and not getting it. I mostly just want the new features that everyone without FSD has. In my personal experience, the current version of FSD makes sketchy turns and it constantly deactivates. It has major issues with unmarked lanes. This is especially problematic on roads where the far right lane has cars intermittently parked along the curb. It wants to center its self in the huge lane when there are no parked cars and once it sees a parked car it is headed straight for it freaks out an disengages. That’s just my small rant, but really hoping to get the update before thanksgiving.

While nobody knows, the big v11 release notes are out which means it is in a very limited distribution now. If there are no major issues, usually wider distribution will begin within 30 days. Since this is a big integration of FSD Beta with other "normal" releases for anyone on 2022.40.x and below, and integrates the FSD Beta city and rural streets with the current Navigate on Autopilot for highways. Musk has said anyone who bought FSD will get this integration and big update before the end of the year, which is coming up quickly. Then again, we all know Musk time is on a different clock. as @ucmndd points out -- no one really knows.

If you're in the FSD Beta queue, that might limit your ability to get updates. If you don't care about FSD, remove yourself from the Beta queue and maybe you'll get more updates.
I have FSD beta currently. I just haven’t received the latest FSD update. If I was still in the queue at this point I would definitely consider removing myself just to get the updates. My personal recommendation to anyone in the queue would be to remove themselves until wide release. In my own personal experience, being in beta isn’t really worth it right now. Maybe it’s more worth it without the yoke, but to me it’s kind of sketchy when it is making bad turns with the yoke. Hard to grab on and take over when the yoke is spinning.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
While nobody knows, the big v11 release notes are out which means it is in a very limited distribution now. If there are no major issues, usually wider distribution will begin within 30 days. Since this is a big integration of FSD Beta with other "normal" releases for anyone on 2022.40.x and below, and integrates the FSD Beta city and rural streets with the current Navigate on Autopilot for highways. Musk has said anyone who bought FSD will get this integration and big update before the end of the year, which is coming up quickly. Then again, we all know Musk time is on a different clock. as @ucmndd points out -- no one really knows.
Yeah. Who knows. At this point it feels like having FSD beta is more of a crutch than a benefit. It would be nice if they would still let the people in beta get some of the other update features. I really just want to have the new traffic display on the navigation. I miss google maps showing me yellow and red on my route so I know to be prepared for a sudden traffic jam.

I have FSD beta currently. I just haven’t received the latest FSD update. If I was still in the queue at this point I would definitely consider removing myself just to get the updates. My personal recommendation to anyone in the queue would be to remove themselves until wide release. In my own personal experience, being in beta isn’t really worth it right now. Maybe it’s more worth it without the yoke, but to me it’s kind of sketchy when it is making bad turns with the yoke. Hard to grab on and take over when the yoke is spinning.
If you wish, you can remove yourself from the beta by sending email to [email protected]. I just started using the beta so I have limited experience with it, but I’ve been impressed so far. This is in a Model 3, so no yoke.

Just got 2022.36.20 this morning, which is FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, so it looks like they're not quite ready for larger distribution of v11 yet. Regardless of any FSD improvements that may or may not be contained, it's very nice to get finally get some of the updated features like Energy stats and Caraoke, which I've been missing since I got the car, haha.

I miss google maps showing me yellow and red on my route so I know to be prepared for a sudden traffic jam.
For a week or two I was pissed that this functionality was removed, but I found out I had accidentally turned it off, haha. If you click the box with 3 dots in it (maybe looks like a traffic light?) you can toggle live traffic view (as shown in the pic). You do need to subscribe to premium connectivity to have this option.
00CB5635-D69E-4C26-A5FD-F99B2F20B117.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
If you wish, you can remove yourself from the beta by sending email to [email protected]. I just started using the beta so I have limited experience with it, but I’ve been impressed so far. This is in a Model 3, so no yoke.
For a week or two I was pissed that this functionality was removed, but I found out I had accidentally turned it off, haha. If you click the box with 3 dots in it (maybe looks like a traffic light?) you can toggle live traffic view (as shown in the pic). You do need to subscribe to premium connectivity to have this option. View attachment 876768
I have that on. I thought I read something about an update where the blue line for navigation would change to red and yellow for traffic while navigating. Its kind of hard to see the small lines for traffic on either side of the blue line when using navigation. Maybe I misread an article about that. Can’t seem to find anything about it now.

Just got 2022.36.20 this morning, which is FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, so it looks like they're not quite ready for larger distribution of v11 yet. Regardless of any FSD improvements that may or may not be contained, it's very nice to get finally get some of the updated features like Energy stats and Caraoke, which I've been missing since I got the car, haha.
I also just got 2022.36.20 this morning. Excited to try the new features.

I also got the same update this morning on my 2018 MX. I only been on the subscription for about 1 or 2 months and they rolled me into FSD beta. Haven’t had the chance to really test it out on the Highway or in town. Guess my legacy has all the internal and external equipment to run FSD Beta 😊

downloading 2022.36.20 as I type, will install tonight. my 3 is almost exactly 4 years old (Dec 2018 delivery) and I've had Caraoke since it came out and Energy stats since day one.

What I really want is the ability to move the side turn-signal cameras to different display landscape.

My first experience with 2022.36.20:

I enabled FSD and had it drive out of my development. It made a wild right turn (overshot the turn a bit). I went to report the issue and it appears the "report FSD feedback" feature is gone :)

Other than that, some minor hiccups with navigation in general. No nav voice, routes changing suddenly and the "blue" line even disappearing even though it was still routing to where I was headed.

2016 on 2022.36.20 with upgraded cameras.
Much improved on highways as AP sees 3 to 4 cars ahead of you and 4 lanes left and right. No more slaming on brakes when fast approaching other cars on highways.
Also
Odd wipers turning on when sun is low on horizon and filter through trees seems to be fixed or much reduced after beta AP upgrade..
Overall a big improvement.

Yea I just got my upgrade from 36.6 -> 36.20 the FSD Beta is fun but terrifying around town!

I still don't understand exactly what V11 is, is it basically the promotion of .69.x to the .40 branch for FSD non-beta users? I kind of assume that's what's going on based on the numbers...