Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR 2021, Was previously on 2023.44.30.25 v12.3 today downloaded 2024.3.10 v12.3.3. Speed control is better but still not back to where it was on 11.4.9. I feel that the turn signal timing is about right for me. Entering side streets from unprotected right turns is still very good, as it was on 12.3. Still wounders to much between the lines for me and once went over the yellow line on a right curve (no oncoming traffic). I feel like more steps forward, this time, than back. As has already been mentioned be careful when selecting "check for updates" as it will start the update without asking if you are ready.

Yesterday 2024.3.10 got pushed to my 2020 model 3, took it on a quick drive to Target.
This time it didn't try to kill me like it did in the 2023.44.30.25 model 3 i borrowed.
It stopped at the stop sign then creeped fwd, checked then went through intersection, still too slow but at least it creeped and checked not like 2023.44.30.25.

It did mess up and make a right turn into the parked car lane, also gets way too close to curbs for my liking.

Excited to try it out on my drive to work.
I feel like as long as you're not in a tight residential area it will perform like a human

Incorrect. Many vehicles being sold have the driver sitting the same distance from the front of the car as the B Pillar.

Unless, you have math, you have no claim.
Not talking about the b pillar. I'm talking about the driver's ability to look straight ahead very close to the edge of the vehicle (as one would do when making an unprotected left with an opposing vehicle also waiting to make an unprotected left.) This view I also very useful when passing on a two lane road with a big rig in front of you.

Can someone explain why the newer updates (I'm on 2024.8.7 but only v11.1) don't get the latest FSD updates? I don't understand how this works.
Which car do you have? That sometimes help to try to make sense of it, but Tesla never communicates anything to their FSD customers because they honestly don’t give a damn about what we know or don’t know so there’s rarely a 100% definite answer.

Must be where I drive since I continue to get zero disengagements with V12.3.3 and FSD surprises with new improvements on every drive. Today I was approaching a traffic light in the left hand lane going straight when the car in front of me put on it's blinker for a left hand turn. So I'm thinking I'll be waiting due to oncoming traffic and probably won't make it thru the light. FSD never stopped and very carefully moved to the right hand lane and continued straight. FSD has never done that before for me. FSD also slowed down going over railroad tracks for the first time.

Still a few problems but nothing that would prevent the car from reaching it's destination if I didn't disengage. Biggest issue for me now is how timid FSD is at Stop Signs. Still using the accelerator if a car behind me might get upset.

Which car do you have? That sometimes help to try to make sense of it, but Tesla never communicates anything to their FSD customers because they honestly don’t give a damn about what we know or don’t know so there’s rarely a 100% definite answer.
It's a 2022 MYLR. I didn't order FSD, but I subscribe for months in which I take road trips.

Dear Mr Julien,

We at Tesla would like to wish you a happy Easter. Please check Software Update to see the latest basket of specially included Easter Eggs 🥚 just for you.

Huggs and kisses,
Tesla Team
IMG_4668 (1).jpeg

April Fools, you fell for it you obtuse sucker.

Love,
Elon

PS: Congratulations, we are making you the first person to ever receive a downgrade. We are going to force install 21.10.24 with our world famous FSD Beta 10.3. That should bring back some memories or nightmares.

It's a 2022 MYLR. I didn't order FSD, but I subscribe for months in which I take road trips.
Unfortunately now you’re locked in until Tesla bakes the FSDSj code into a software newer than your 2024.8.7. I’ve only seen one roll-back ever, and since the latest FSDSj is currently baked into a software older than yours, 2024.3.10, they won’t downgrade you to it.

Dear Mr Julien,

We at Tesla would like to wish you a happy Easter. Please check Software Update to see the latest basket of specially included Easter Eggs 🥚 just for you.

Huggs and kisses,
Tesla Team
View attachment 1034241

April Fools, you fell for it you obtuse sucker.

Love,
Elon

PS: Congratulations, we are making you the first person to ever receive a downgrade. We are going to force install 21.10.24 with our world famous FSD Beta 10.3. That should bring back some memories or nightmares.
I was just going to post that same email but you beat me to it.

Unfortunately now you’re locked in until Tesla bakes the FSDSj code into a software newer than your 2024.8.7. I’ve only seen one roll-back ever, and since the latest FSDSj is currently baked into a software older than yours, 2024.3.10, they won’t downgrade you to it.
Thank you for the explanation. The methodology makes zero sense to me.

Our 2020 M3 installed V12.3.3 Yesterday, my 2020 MYP is still on 12.3. Auto Max speed is disabled on both.

I drove our M3 on 12.3.3 for a test yesterday, I find it to be a definite regression over 12.3 While stop signs are marginally better, speed control is worse on 12.3.3. 12.3.3 is absolutely worse driving through our neighborhood. 12.3 has been reliable for me, 12.3.3 tried to drive right in to a median on a left turn.

Neighborhood driving: 12.3.3 slows to a stop for no reason and then speeds up to 25 and then repeats the whole process. 12.3 drives at a nice, safe 20mph unless there is a reason to slow down. 12.3.3 FAIL.

Speed control: no improvement in holding speed, if anything a bit worse. 12.3 took a block to slow down after passing a lower speed limit sign. Too long. 12.3.3 completely ignores the new speed limit and never slows down. Scrolling down speed on the scroll wheel has zero effect. 12.3 would eventually honor the new lower selected speed, 12.3.3 just ignores it. It does honor the max speed selected when acceleration. 12.3.3 FAIL.

Turning into a median is self explanatory. 12.3.3 FAIL.

My personal opinion? Elon jumped the gun (the shark too perhaps) on the free FSD trial. A lot of people are NOT going to be impressed after the over promising. What really worries me though is that with 12.3 I really thought I saw a way forward with continual improvement. 12.3.3 makes me wonder. It's still far better than 11.x, but are we going to see further improvements? I hope that 12.3.3 is an aberration caused by Tesla struggling to fix a few issues after Elon's premature FSD trial. The free trial should have waited at least until the speed problems were under control.

As far as trying to hit the median, the 12.3.3 car is my wife's car, perhaps it doesn't like me as much as my MYP likes me...

Wonder if 12.3.3.1 or 12.3.3.3 is baking and that’s why they stopped the rollout.
I bet the problem is going back to Elon's BIG IDEA to offer the FSD trail right away when v12 was not integrated into 24.x.x yet. Likely they are working/testing as fast as they can but small bugs in some of the different hardware configurations keep showing up. This is what happens when you rush software.

Coming from an internet certifiable Rocket Scientist/Brain Surgeon.