Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post v11 FSDb all firmware releases to include FSDb (rumor)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The info is from notateslaapp.com :

Understood - but the only "merge" mentioned in specific terms is the merging of AP & FSD stacks. I've not seen an real news on the merging of FSD into latest prod release.
Notatesla says "its expected", but that is newspeak for we don't really know but we've read the tealeaves and thrown some runes and hope it will be true ;)
It sure would be nice to get the holiday update as part of FSD 11 though - I'm just setting my expectation low, we all know that Elon's accuracy with "next week" is pretty pathetic, we will be lucky to see it on our cars before the end of January while employees may have it for xmas.

Its worth looking at what it means to really pull FSDb into the production releases. If that means they will replace the existing production AP with FSD beta single stack on its very first beta release, that would be unprecedented and very unusual for Tesla as well as being highly risky.
The single stack is likely to have significant issues on AP compared to current prod versions. When they have replaced the AP stack previously they have been very conservative and have run separate releases for many months. I've been on some of those release before, some were pretty good, others were appalling - anyone remember when AP would see tar lines as pedestrians and engage emergency avoidance?

It's always a week away...
6B1778EA-E9E2-4063-9811-C6395D7BC9F3.gif

FSD beta version 11 will merge the non FSD and FSD software updates into one. That means that all future software updates will include FSD.. To turn it on, all you would have to do is subscribe to FSD ( and enable it in your Tesla).

People make these thread titles as definitive statements, and then refer to a news article where the statement is "expected". Basically, the article statement is "telephone gamed" here.