Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD visualization blank - error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B55EC98C-8055-49A3-8EAF-491A2D6A9777.jpeg
My Model Y has been running 2022.45.15 since it came out without any issue. This past Friday afternoon, I noticed my FSD visualization was blank - my cruise control would not turn on and presumably other safety features like lane assist and forward collision warning were nonfunctional. There were no error notifications and my cameras and connectivity (music streaming and traffic info on navigation) continued to work normally. This persisted after a few reset attempts, a call to Tesla Roadside Assistance, and a power cycle.

Saturday, it spontaneously self-resolved but Sunday on a longer drive, FSD worked but I got several notices it was “degraded”.

Today, it suddenly went blank again and same features are out.

My local service department says they’ve received 4-5 calls today about same issue and they are going to call me back about whether I should bring it in.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone received a fix? Hoping it’s a simple software or firmware update. Thanks for any info.

Same thing happened to me...thought I was the only one. Three reboots and a power cycle to no avail. Let it sit a day and it started working. I'm worried about a hardware failure--especially a critical system while in high speed traffic. Looks like it's not a simple glitch so I'll put in a service request as well. Thanx for the post.

What I’ve noticed is that the visualization disappears and sometimes it will show other vehicles, other times it won’t. It also will turn the lights on. How can they not have fixed this yet!? I’m half tempted to schedule an appointment but I’m sure nothing will come of it.

What I’ve noticed is that the visualization disappears and sometimes it will show other vehicles, other times it won’t. It also will turn the lights on. How can they not have fixed this yet!? I’m half tempted to schedule an appointment but I’m sure nothing will come of it.
Service can’t help you with software bugs like these. Don’t waste your time or theirs by making an appointment.

View attachment 938236My Model Y has been running 2022.45.15 since it came out without any issue. This past Friday afternoon, I noticed my FSD visualization was blank - my cruise control would not turn on and presumably other safety features like lane assist and forward collision warning were nonfunctional. There were no error notifications and my cameras and connectivity (music streaming and traffic info on navigation) continued to work normally. This persisted after a few reset attempts, a call to Tesla Roadside Assistance, and a power cycle.

Saturday, it spontaneously self-resolved but Sunday on a longer drive, FSD worked but I got several notices it was “degraded”.

Today, it suddenly went blank again and same features are out.

My local service department says they’ve received 4-5 calls today about same issue and they are going to call me back about whether I should bring it in.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone received a fix? Hoping it’s a simple software or firmware update. Thanks for any info.
What ended up happening with this? Mine just went blank yesterday. I've tried turning off Sentry and letting it sit overnight. But still it is missing. I wonder if it is a hardware failure.

I just got my Y about a week ago and I cannot see other cars around my car. It worked for about a day and that's it. I did use Sentry but over the weekend, we didn't have sentry on and the screen is still not showing the other cars around. I tried calibrating the camera, no luck. should I do a reboot of the system? I haven't done that

I started watching this thread today because the same thing was happening with my 21 M3. The problems started after I installed 2023.12.9.1 about a week ago. No visualizations, headlight on, no Autopilot. Tried rebooting, power off, no entry sleep, and changing the recording flash drive. Today suddenly it started working again. I also just got notification of another "Bug Fix" update, 2023.20.4.1.

Hesitant to install it but I probably will :oops:

There have been reports of anomalous behavior when there is an issue with the usb drive used for dashcam/sentry video. Pulling the drive may help.

You can also try to reboot the FSD computer by changing your wheel configuration in the service menu. This will reboot the car. Change is back afterward and the car will reboot a second time.

Lastly, you can try doing a power off from the service menu. You will need to disable sentry mode first. This takes several minutes before the car disconnects the power contactor. I don't know whether this does more than sleep mode, but may be worth a try if nothing else fixes the problem.

Reactions: terraform
I took my car to service and this is what they told me in regards to this issue.. apparently preconditioning will force your car into deep sleep prior to the time set for preconditioning.. another supposed solution is to open the charge port while the vehicle is unoccupied (beyond me why that would help lol)... I haven't tried it yet as my fsd hasn't stopped working since service but this is how they say to resolve it in the meantime while a fix is released. Hope that helps!

Screenshot_20230830_103149_Tesla.jpg