Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FUSC if bought from third party dealee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of reports of users having their FUSC stripped even up to a year after they bought their S.
What year cars? Pre-January 2017
One owner bought Certified Pre-Owned 2015 Model S from Tesla and the FUSC was actually active in real life for 3 months until Tesla made an audit and took it away (Tesla did tell the owner that FUSC would not be included):

That is not what we are taking about, we understand that if a car goes through Tesla it can have this removed, and in your example Tesla told the owner it would not be included.

we are discussing cars purchased from 3rd party dealer!!

Reactions: BPeter
One owner bought Certified Pre-Owned 2015 Model S from Tesla and the FUSC was actually active in real life for 3 months until Tesla made an audit and took it away (Tesla did tell the owner that FUSC would not be included):

I don't see an issue here. They were being told it was not included. Does not seem applicable here.

Reactions: BPeter
2F4C59FB-9FF7-4C93-B291-53B9D6E04667.jpeg

From my Tesla sales doc.

So I may have effed up. I thought I checked all the boxes n did my homework.

Pre 2017 yes
Never been to Tesla check

But when I submitted (a little too eagerly thinking I could get it done on the spot) the app request to claim the vehicle, it asked for documentation. I should have just given the insurance papers. But I also gave (it asked for 2 pages) the purchase doc from Ford.
I believe this is why they yanked my fusc.
I’m going to chat with them this morning at 8am(19mins) and see if I can get it back.

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a 2016 Model S from a third party dealership (not directly from Tesla) If it shoes just one previous owner, does this mean that I should still have free unlimited supercharging after I buy it or does it get deactivated? I'm a little confused since many threads say that only if Tesla gets it in their inventory as a used vehicle is when FUSC gets taken away. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I can only speak to my recent purchase of a 2015 S from a local Volvo stealership, but the free unlimited supercharging and premium connectivity were part of the original purchase of the vehicle and they transfered over once I made the request and jumped through the hoops Tesla required to transfer ownership to me in the Tesla system.

BR

Reactions: Amow83
I can only speak to my recent purchase of a 2015 S from a local Volvo stealership, but the free unlimited supercharging and premium connectivity were part of the original purchase of the vehicle and they transfered over once I made the request and jumped through the hoops Tesla required to transfer ownership to me in the Tesla system.

BR
There is no guarantee that that doesn't get caught through some weird audit that Tesla has been known to do on accounts automatically(?) from time to time based on some reports I've read.

I would say that at best YMMV.

Like I said previously, if this is a feature that's important to you I would highly recommend searching private party sales for the highest likelihood of retaining those features.

Not arguing, just feeling that many on this forum discount the value of FUSC.
FREE UNLIMITED SUPERCHARGING FOR LIFE is the most valuable part of the car and if anybody disagrees with that there is something wrong. It's a life of FREE traveling with all the SCS in the US its like getting paid to put gas in those prehistoric ICE junk. Wake up. FREE is the best word in any language never mind unlimited for Life electricity....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

It is funny I'm going to capitalize on FUSC in every way I can. Flipping Tesla's MS 2012-first quarter 2017 that have that one important thing attached to it FUSC. the 2020's are here by 2025 electricity will be in such demand especially for charging stations as more people crawl out from the rock they been under realize what a EV even is. still will have FUSC its a pesky thing that simply won't go away no matter what happens. Now that Mr Musks net worth is 180 billion he still tries to take that FUSC away from the cars that were built with it. isn't that getting a little greedy idk that's his flagship series. he needs to treat his children with love not dismember a part of them when they come visit him before they go to there new home. I mean come now. FREE FUSC for life of the car. that could be 100 years still FUSC LMAO You take care and have a awesome future. 2020's wow there is less then 8.5 years left in this decade. it's going to be a blast for FREE

It is funny I'm going to capitalize on FUSC in every way I can. Flipping Tesla's MS 2012-first quarter 2017 that have that one important thing attached to it FUSC. the 2020's are here by 2025 electricity will be in such demand especially for charging stations as more people crawl out from the rock they been under realize what a EV even is. still will have FUSC its a pesky thing that simply won't go away no matter what happens. Now that Mr Musks net worth is 180 billion he still tries to take that FUSC away from the cars that were built with it. isn't that getting a little greedy idk that's his flagship series. he needs to treat his children with love not dismember a part of them when they come visit him before they go to there new home. I mean come now. FREE FUSC for life of the car. that could be 100 years still FUSC LMAO You take care and have a awesome future. 2020's wow there is less then 8.5 years left in this decade. it's going to be a blast for FREE
86ABDE2D-0C10-4407-9E0A-D7B75F2CBC44.gif