TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FWD and key FOB triggering. Truly need an option to turn off FOB Control

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dhelmly, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dhelmly

dhelmly Member

**Note** This was also posted in the Tesla Model X forum thread as well.

So far the Model X has been a reliable car and no real issues. It does what it's supposed to do and as we all know, a joy to drive.

My only real concern so far is the coming back to the parking garage and seeing my FWD open after a few hours of not being with the car. As you might have guessed, it's the key FOB being triggered in my jeans pocket as I walk away and somehow gets a double clicked. My FOB is in the Tesla Leather FOB holder with no other keys as I thought that might help after the first few times this happened. In many cases I have no pocket to put it in. The only answer for now is to hold the FOB in my hand until I'm out of communication with the car. In all the cases where it went off without me knowing it, I was by myself and the FWD were not used.

We truly need an option to turn off FOB control from the Doors setting menu. My biggest concern is parking in a low ceiling area and returning to the car to see it's been damaged by low hanging pipe or other obstruction.

As a side note, the first time it happened it actually hit someone when it opened without me knowing it at a gathering.

I did report this to Tesla today as it's now a real concern. Tesla support told me they have no records of this type of thing happening. I find that odd as I know it's been reported on this forum.

Dave
    #49XX

Attached Files:

2. Brucealex

Brucealex New Member

3. RichardL

RichardL Member

I have had this happen 2 times also. I was just wondering if it could be changed to a more positive press mode to avoid this.

4. jlochner

jlochner Member

Same problem here. Both finding the doors open unintentionally and also having the door close on my head or my kids head when I lean over to get them out of the car seat.

5. Brucealex

Brucealex New Member

Solution for Tesla I can think of is to make all doors close if you double press it. I hope Tesla can make that happen.

6. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

Just how tight are your pants?

7. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

That combination is already taken. Double-press is currently being used to open the specific door/trunk. Need a different combination.

8. nymjk

nymjk Member

What I did after a couple of times was put the Tesla fob on its own keyring with one of those carabiner clips on a belt loop. Of course, could still get a double press but so far so good.