Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap next to Dead Pedal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just wondering if this is normal. I have a 3/4" gap between the plastic and the carpeting next to the dead pedal and my foot keeps getting caught in it. I checked the passenger side and there is no gap between the plastic and the carpet.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Here are a couple images.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 536
Mods: please advise why ... I've seen this bug before ... look at blues posts. Notice first one says: Posts: 4, the next one says Posts: 4; should that not be =>5?

It's probably not a bug. It's just updated with the posts you make. I bet after this post, all of my entries on this thread will say Post: 5

Was just wondering if this is normal. I have a 3/4" gap between the plastic and the carpeting next to the dead pedal and my foot keeps getting caught in it. I checked the passenger side and there is no gap between the plastic and the carpet.

Now that I read the replies and see the pic, I realize I don't have to check--I have a small gap and my shoe catches occasionally. It's a little annoying, since I tend to move around a little, shift my foot, etc. and it keeps happening. Hmmmmm. I will try Steve841's suggestion, then maybe ask the Service Center about it.

Seems to be a mixed bag, some people have it some don't. I'm taking mine to the Service Center on Monday because my tire pressure warning light keeps coming on even though all my tires are at the correct pressure. I'll have them take a look at this too.

Seems to be a mixed bag, some people have it some don't. I'm taking mine to the Service Center on Monday because my tire pressure warning light keeps coming on even though all my tires are at the correct pressure. I'll have them take a look at this too.

You might have a nail! I hope you bought the tire insurance! If not...check out your tires real well over the weekend and if you see a nail...buy the tire insurance!

So the service center checked out the gap this morning. They said a couple pins were missing and that's why the gap was there. They added the missing pins, and no more toe getting caught when I get out of the car, so the people that have this gap, you're probably missing those same pins and if it annoys you enough you should take it into the service center. As for the tire pressure warning light, it just needed to be "retrained". No nail in my tire.

Yes.. there is still a small gap (maybe a cm or two), but I can't fit my finger in it any more, and my toe/foot definitely doesn't get caught in it anymore.

A gap of a cm or 2, but you can't fit your finger? How big is your finger!?!?!?

BTW: I have a gap...and a depression between the dead pedal and the wall. I've learned to live with it, but maybe a pin or two will reinforce it.

I'm just happy you're talking metric, I'm not good with fractional inches :)

I get what you mean, I think, there's a cm or 2 of carpet between the end of the panel and the dead pedal. I can't see how that could vary from car to car, unless they changed the side panel. I can still get my fingers under the panel easily, but I've had the thing off, so I know there's no pins missing.

It's only really annoying when I'm driving in shoes with 'sticky out' soles, or flip flops.