Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 wall connector “not permanent” install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume this is possible but wanted to know whether anyone had done it so as not to reinvent the wheel. I’m getting the Wall connector but will probably be moving house in 12-18 months so I want to get it installed with a “tail” that can be plugged into a big power point, like a spa bath sort of bigger amp one. That way I can take it with me and get sparky to install a 30 amp point in the next house and then just plug it in. Saves me having to buy a new wall box or pay more to get the old one uninstalled and then reinstalled.

Generally it's really only worthwhile to do this if you have the "Big Power Point" already available. If you have a Spa plugged into a 32 Amp Power Point or similar than it can be worthwhile.

If you don't have that... Just as easily to get your Sparky to commission it into a 40A Circuit Breaker in your Meter Box, and then you can switch that off and Disconnect the Charger when the time comes.
(Its only 3 x Wires Internally for a Single Phase Install)

Reactions: houdini
Yep, mate of mine has done it for charging a 22kW Zoe

Attachments

• Zoe tesla charger 1.jpeg
    Zoe tesla charger 1.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Zoe tesla charger 2.jpeg
    Zoe tesla charger 2.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Zoe tesla charger 3.jpeg
    Zoe tesla charger 3.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 40