Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right because blindly following head-in-sand the rules and using them to attach whatever you don't agree with, is the way to go! Good job!

I have been quiet for many many threads now but yeah, I do still slip. I did try to be nicer here too, as you noticed I asked first if he wanted some feedback. The he blamed the "times" for his non-sense, I couldn't stop.

As it was said, when the sales ads are crazy, there will always be folks calling them out. If not me, someone else. If these get deleted, another way will be found to make sure potential buyers at least know the whole story.

You STILL don't get it.

1) No one forking over $XX,XXXX.XX for a car is stupid enough to NOT do price research. Thinking YOU need to INSERT yourself into THEIR business is, frankly, INSULTING.
2) Telling someone their car is overpriced IS RUDE - - do you drive down to the local used car lots and tell them the same thing? I HIGHLY doubt it.
3) IT IS AGAINST THE RULES, AND YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD REPEATEDLY.

EDIT - and doing so when the OP specifically asked people NOT to is mind-blowing.

I was wondering when ostrich dude and his angry mob would start showing up. Took you guys quite some time.
Angry mob? ROFL You mean those with common sense who are tired of your trolling which is...oh... pretty much everyone on this forum other then you and the two or three people who follow you around as your "hype man" on these posts that serve only to derail for sale threads and make it so more and more people simply choose to not post items for sale which ultimately screws us ALL over. You seem to think you're doing good but the reality is you're actually screwing us all over with your trolling.

There's a reason almost all of your marketplace posts get deleted. Take a hint.

Right because blindly following head-in-sand the rules and using them to attack whatever you don't agree with, is the way to go! Good job!

I have been quiet for many many threads now but yeah, I do still slip. I did try to be nicer here too, as you noticed I asked first if he wanted some feedback. Then he blamed the "times" for his non-sense, I couldn't stop.

As it was said, when the sales ads are crazy, there will always be folks calling them out. If not me, someone else. If these get deleted, another way will be found to make sure potential buyers at least know the whole story.

You keep calling them "crazy" prices and yet I keep selling cars for "crazy" prices to buyers who couldn't be happier with their purchase. It's really none of your damn business what people sell cars for. Zero.

Wow, you talking about "lack of respect" is mindblowing. Have you looked back and read any of YOUR posts? It's insane how aggressive and angry you try to make yourself out. I'm 100% sure you're exactly the opposite in real life. Keyboard warrior...

And now you want to attack me personally when you know you're wrong on the topic. Nice.

It should just be common decency. One shouldn't have to be told to not publicly criticize someone else's list price on the item they're selling. And yet, even when you ARE told to knock it off by forum staff and have your posts deled.. here you are. The same disrespectful and unsolicited posts. The OP even asked nicely as the VERY FIRST LINE OF THE THREAD to not do what you're doing and yet... here you are.

Disrespectful is the most polite way of putting what you are with your actions in this marketplace subforum.

No, it's not. Price gouging isn't real. It's not a thing. It's a phrase the snowflakes cry out when they have nothing of tangible value to say. Nobody is forcing you to buy this car. The seller could list this car at $238,964 and it's still not your place to post negatively about the price. If you don't like the price, move along. The seller even asked on the front end to not do exactly what you and @cucubits are doing. The lack of respect with your posts is unreal.

Just FYI O-Sack - The government would disagree with you. Price gouging is a thing. They prosecute people for it every time a hurricane comes into town, and people start charging $10 a gallon for gas instead of $2.

In fact, every state has laws about this. I'll leave this link here for you to help clear up your misunderstanding: Price Gouging Laws by State - FindLaw

Also, I think it's fair that after the third time the seller has bumped his own thread, he's opened it up for comments. Just seems like common sense.

I hope everyone has a good day, y'all are worked up here!

OP - beautiful car. Hope it sells.

Just FYI O-Sack - The government would disagree with you. Price gouging is a thing. They prosecute people for it every time a hurricane comes into town, and people start charging $10 a gallon for gas instead of $2.

In fact, every state has laws about this. I'll leave this link here for you to help clear up your misunderstanding: Price Gouging Laws by State - FindLaw

Also, I think it's fair that after the third time the seller has bumped his own thread, he's opened it up for comments. Just seems like common sense.

I hope everyone has a good day, y'all are worked up here!

OP - beautiful car. Hope it sells.

The seller isn't taking advantage of a Federally declared natural disaster nor is this car considered a necessity required for survival. Nice try.

The seller isn't taking advantage of a Federally declared natural disaster nor is this car considered a necessity required for survival. Nice try.

I never said he was doing either if those things! I merely said it was a thing.

You had said pretty definitively that it wasn't a thing, scroll up a few posts. I think there was some mention of "snowflakes.". So I guess only snowflakes would complain about it when they're evacuating a hurricane then as well.....

But just to clarify - it's a thing. It even has a wikipedia entry!

So just letting you know you were wrong..... Again.

I never said it was! I merely said it was a thing.

You said it wasn't a thing.

It's a thing. It even has a wikipedia entry!

So just letting you know you were wrong..... Again.

Even when dealers mark up new Corvettes by 80+ % the US Gov has never gotten involved. Why? Because it is not a FORCED transaction (i.e. an essential service or commodity like food), so the law you THINK applies . . . doesn't.

Moving on.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Even when dealers mark up new Corvettes by 80+ % the US Gov has never gotten involved. Why? Because it is not a FORCED transaction (i.e. an essential service or commodity like food), so the law you THINK applies . . . doesn't.

Moving on.

Oh I get it.

He just said, without reservation, that it wasn't "a thing.". Then he cited snowflakes. Then ...blah blah blah.....

I'm just pointing out it is a thing. I never made any claim about disaster areas or federal governments or anything at all!

I just corrected him that it is a thing.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think the purpose of this forum is what should guide the overall intent the energy of the comments. The forum is made up of people who love and want Teslas or want to learn about Tesla or want to exchange information about Tesla's. yes people want to find a place to sell their car but I don't think the intent of the vast majority of people selling their used Tesla here is to sell it for a $15,000 markup. The original listing for the vehicle in question said he has made money selling Tesla's to perfectly happy buyers. if that is the intent and purpose of his posts and they are frequent and repetitive then he must identify himself as a dealer seller of pre-owned Teslas. most people on this forum selling Teslas are private individuals and there is definitely an unwritten rule when you are buying from a fellow forum owner enthusiast that he is not going to squeeze $15,000 out of you simply to make the maximal profit on a transaction from a pure business standpoint. There's a fair profit and an unfair profit you can decide personally what that is. And I agree you should do your research but the purchasing of such a complicated vehicle is fraught with pitfalls. that's the purpose of coming to the Tesla forum and learning about the unique issues with each model year in each battery size and upgrades and options etc. When the purpose of such listings from a grass roots level is to take advantage of Sellers and sell them a vehicle of substantially higher cost than it's true realistic value to an informed shopper. In a tactful polite respectable manner I see no reason why other foreign members cannot point out the pros and cons of the vehicle for sale?
Someone has pointed out that price gouging is only valid when you're talking about water during a hurricane or gasoline or supplies in an emergency situation. I would argue that our desire and interest in these cars is more than just trivial it's very important to us because we love Teslas. No I'm not going to die if I don't buy a Tesla but I sure do want one if indeed I am shopping for one. Therein lies the gray area.
In terms of people wanting to shout down those voices to inform sellers and buyers of their strategies and approaches to buying a Tesla, there is an obvious hostility and ad hominem mentality. Before you post something ask yourself a question could you look at a person face to face in real life and say what you're saying through a keyboard while typing? If not consider less confrontational more polite civil language.

@cucubits can be a bit out of line per the rules but @Ostrichsak always gets overly defensive comes off as a know it all jerk. He would have called me I feel like no one would get mad about someone pointing out that a used car salesmen at a dealer was trying to rip someone off for 15k above what another dealer in town was selling the same car for. Who the advocates someone to rip someone off for that much money? Apparently everyone out there does great research on buying a specific car yet that research definitely should not include other people posting relevant data on what a similar car sells for.

If the mods want the forums to be a safe space for sellers they need to lock out any comments and just let the sellers edit/bump them with new info, answers to questions from pm's, and price changes.

Reactions: cucubits
I missed the edit but I meant to say @Ostrichsak would have called me crazy and accused me of trying to crap on the price of a sale post because I wanted to buy a car for cheap that I was too poor to afford. Well guess what buddy I own a P3D- with FSD at a sale price you would bitch and moan about anyone suggesting as realistic. This is in the height of this supposed "used market insanity" and pre update.

Titanium or
Silver or
Grey
Black interior

$ ready to purchase

If you have "$ ready to purchase" a Tesla you surely have the $87.50 you owe me from the TPMS you sold me as Gen 2 that weren't, right? Most people who simply made a mistake would go out of their way to make it right for the buyer when it's brought to their attention by the buyer. I know if I sold someone a set of TPMS as gen 2 and sent them gen 1 TPMS I would immediately refund their purchase price and figure out the logistics later and go out of my way to make it right by them in whatever way they preferred. Months later, numerous PMs and you still refuse to give me my money back for your mistake. At this point, I'm not sure we can call it a mistake anymore as your attitude regarding this is clearly not that of remorse by someone who made a mistake. The fact that you expected me to not only pay to ship them back but do so w/o any refund of my purchase price conforms that this wasn't an accident. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt & be patient but you saw that as an opportunity to take advantage of someone over $87.50. Pretty scummy of you.

For anyone reading this & considering doing a transaction with him for tens of thousands of dollars, know that he's proven that he's not above ripping off a fellow TMC member over $87.50. Imagine what he's willing to do for larger transactions.

Also, good luck finding a 100D in Titanium Metallic as Tesla never made one.

As I said several times I'm more then happy to make it "right".
Please just send them back and I will...and as I said last time, enough of the long winded whining.
Ether send them back and I'll refund the $ or quit bringing it up.
And when you waited 9+ months to even finally mention it seems a little questionable as well.
It just seems like you enjoy conflict, arguments and heated back and forth not just on this but w/ dozens of others here as well.
It's unpleasant and wearisome at best.
When you come across overly demanding and make unsubstantiated claims it makes it hard to even want to deal w/ you.
If you'd try politeness and patience you may find it brings better results.
That and the fact you'll crap on a thread rather than PM shows what you're like,
you also failed to mention your lack of transparency when you were trying to offer your car to me at some insanely high price and I passed...so maybe that's part of whats going on here as well.
anyway....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
As I said several times I'm more then happy to make it "right".
Please just send them back and I will...and as I said last time, enough of the long winded whining.
Ether send them back and I'll refund the $ or quit bringing it up.
And when you waited 9+ months to even finally mention it seems a little questionable as well.
It just seems like you enjoy conflict, arguments and heated back and forth not just on this but w/ dozens of others here as well.
It's unpleasant and wearisome at best.
When you come across overly demanding and make unsubstantiated claims it makes it hard to even want to deal w/ you.
If you'd try politeness and patience you may find it brings better results.
That and the fact you'll crap on a thread rather than PM shows what you're like,
you also failed to mention your lack of transparency when you were trying to offer your car to me at some insanely high price and I passed...so maybe that's part of whats going on here as well.
anyway....:rolleyes:
Overly demanding? YOU SOLD ME GEN 2 TPMS THAT WEREN'T. You don't get to dictate terms of how this is handled or how I react especially when I was nothing but patient, polite and professional with you the entire time until you blew me off for months. Now you want to act like all this time that has passed is MY fault? ROFL

How difficult is that to understand? You haven't even bothered attempting to deny that fact and it's the ONLY fact that matters. I PM"d you for months. MANY MANY MONTHS. You chose to ignore me time and again.

I trusted you once already and you burned me. You don't get that privilege again. I told you you can refund me my purchase price plus enough to cover shipping and I will GLADLY return them to you even though it's even more of my time I have to put into YOUR mistake. That wasn't good enough for you. Instead, you asked if I would "drop ship" them to another buyer which I reluctantly agreed to. You never bothered to relist them.

I've given you ample time and opportunity to make this right and ALL of it occurred privately via PM just like you mentioned. You've chosen repeatedly to be a con artist instead. I warned you this wouldn't simply go away and it would end up costing you far more than what you owe me and you chose to lie in that bed.

Not sure what you trying to buy my car after the fact has to do with anything. Seems like a pretty dirty attempt to shift focus away from the fact that you ripped me off. My car wasn't even listed for sale but suddenly you want to buy it from me? But, once again, this has nothing to do with the fact that you sold me Gen 1 TPMS as Gen 2 and haven't made it right after 9 months.

Well, against my better judgement, here we go again:rolleyes::cool:

Your reply just solidifies what I pointed out
Yes in fact I do get to dictate, as you put it, because you waited too long,
the simple fact is if I wanted to rip you off I could have simply said, "are you familiar w/ Paypal terms and conditions re: returns?"

I could have just blown it off and said tough nut, but no I tried to work w/ you since it was an honest mistake as I explained in the beginning. This fact in and of itself sums it up.

I was and still am willing to refund your $. But no you decide to make assumptions and jump to unfounded conclusions.
And some of your storytelling above is now getting close to lies...you can't just leave out things and add what you want if you are being truthful.

Your ALL CAPS is an example the demanding, heavy-handed. KIA-style nature of your attempted communication.
And the idea you do enjoy conflict, it appears, since you breezed right by that observation.

FWIW you can't force this to happen, and I think that's what put a bee in your bonnet.
So you resort to some kind of supposed revenge like you are going to make me look bad when in fact it just makes a pretty minor issue become blown out of proportion.
Just be cooperative and civil, and you'd have already gotten your $ back, is that fair enough?

You act like it's $8700 not $87...

so, as the 2nd sentence says,:eek: send them back and you'll get a refund & enough of the long winded whining.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Sarevok
Well, against my better judgement, here we go again:rolleyes::cool:

Your reply just solidifies what I pointed out
Yes in fact I do get to dictate, as you put it, because you waited too long,
the simple fact is if I wanted to rip you off I could have simply said, "are you familiar w/ Paypal terms and conditions re: returns?"

I could have just blown it off and said tough nut, but no I tried to work w/ you since it was an honest mistake as I explained in the beginning. This fact in and of itself sums it up.

I was and still am willing to refund your $. But no you decide to make assumptions and jump to unfounded conclusions.
And some of your storytelling above is now getting close to lies...you can't just leave out things and add what you want if you are being truthful.

Your ALL CAPS is an example the demanding, heavy-handed. KIA-style nature of your attempted communication.
And the idea you do enjoy conflict, it appears, since you breezed right by that observation.

FWIW you can't force this to happen, and I think that's what put a bee in your bonnet.
So you resort to some kind of supposed revenge like you are going to make me look bad when in fact it just makes a pretty minor issue become blown out of proportion.
Just be cooperative and civil, and you'd have already gotten your $ back, is that fair enough?

You act like it's $8700 not $87...

so, as the 2nd sentence says,:eek: send them back and you'll get a refund & enough of the long winded whining.
$87.50 or $8700 doesn't matter. You screwed me over & refuse to make it right. We're well past a simple mistake now.

After giving you months to make this right I already told you, it's not about the $87.50 anymore. It's the principal.

Fact: you sold me gen 2 TPMS
Fact: you sent me gen 1 TPMS
Fact: you refuse to take any steps to make it right & instead expect me to trust the guy who just ripped me off to send the items back including paying for shipping based on his word to refund me. Your word is no good. Try again.

Everything else is just smoke & mirrors in an effort to distract from a crook who is unable or unwilling to accept that he did something wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarevok