Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the edge of crossing the chasm top executives leave, it’s disturbing at face value.
Possibly Better opportunities elsewhere and unfavorable views of the near term ,
One can only hope they miscalculated.

Not directly at you...but are we really still fretting over executive departures from Tesla? Really?? I've lost count (and upon reflection, names) the number of times the end of the world has occurred because of this. Let me list off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Nick Sampson
Peter Rawlinson
George Blankenship
Deepak - who returned and will likely end the world - yet again - when he leaves a second time
Cash is King guy who took Deepak's position
VP of Production/Manufacturing - can't even remember which department or his name along with a second higher up at the same time, who's name I also can't remember; both departing after Model X launch
Jim McNeil
The guy who took over for Blankenship - another name that escapes me in the moment but is famously known for 'reckless growth' - took a leave of absence, which many said was a lie. But he returned to head up Semi.
Diarmuid O'Connell

There have been more.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Hogfighter
I appreciate the team loyalty for Tesla, but feel that those in this thread who express contempt for these Volkswagon, BMW, Porsche, Jaguar efforts are letting their emotions cloud their investment judgement.

Umm...the party started in 2013; FIVE years ago. That seems to make you a bit late. I'll assume you're talking only to those new to investing in TSLA and not those of us who are sitting on shares/already cashed in shares from way back when Tesla was going to be bankrupt by the end of next week, every week, and S was vaporware. You think the new group is emotional? Ha!

Yep, I have contempt for VW and all others involved. You betcha. I have solace is knowing I've never owned one of those purposely built environmental cheating machines, thus haven't unknowingly supported the killing they've done. I could forgive accidental engineering, even ignorance. But when you hook up people and animals to your engines to study the effects and keep right on producing said engines with full knowledge...contempt is a very mild word. I don't care if they are German, Russian, Chinese, Polynesian or Inuit. They suck. I don't invest in suckiness, even if it could make me a billionaire. I need all the good Karma points I can get to make up for some misadventures in my younger years.

Yep, I have contempt for VW and all others involved. You betcha. I have solace is knowing I've never owned one of those purposely built environmental cheating machines, thus haven't unknowingly supported the killing they've done. I could forgive accidental engineering, even ignorance. But when you hook up people and animals to your engines to study the effects and keep right on producing said engines with full knowledge...contempt is a very mild word. I don't care if they are German, Russian, Chinese, Polynesian or Inuit. They suck. I don't invest in suckiness, even if it could make me a billionaire. I need all the good Karma points I can get to make up for some misadventures in my younger years.

When you break the trust of the public in such fashion you don’t deserve an ounce of our respect. Instead of taking the difficult route, VW (and maybe perhaps the big 3 in Germany) chose to cheat, think about that for a second.. why should any of us here trust the mindset of a cheating company?

Another hit piece from Lora Kolodny about flawed parts. Unsure how she sleeps at night.
Dreaming of mark spie...

Kolodny's negative TSLA articles have been published toward the latter portion of trading sessions. That gives impulsive traders (and algobots) little time to consider the matter. The volume today in the extremely bearish TSLA April 250 puts was a huge 8,516 compared to open interest before the opening of 1,961. Something similar occurred the last time Kolodny wrote a similar article. One must wonder who it is that knows to buy those puts.

Last edited:
Kolodny's negative TSLA articles have been published toward the latter portion of trading sessions. That gives impulsive traders (and algobots) little time to consider the matter. The volume today in the extremely bearish TSLA April 250 puts was a huge 8,516 compared to open interest before the opening of 1,961. Something similar occurred the last time Kolodny wrote a similar article. One must wonder who it is that knows to buy those puts.
Clickbate journalism. Money is the root of all fake news.

Reactions: STARR X
if you're Colorado, who you going to trust with this project? Since no one other then Tesla has done a project close to this scale, I would think they have a huge credibility surplus based on prior success.
Don't forget Colorado gov. asked elon a question at gov. conference last year. I believe it was about tsla stock being high and elon said that it didn't deserve to be so high.

• Funny
Reactions: imherkimer
Not directly at you...but are we really still fretting over executive departures from Tesla? Really?? I've lost count (and upon reflection, names) the number of times the end of the world has occurred because of this. Let me list off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Nick Sampson
Peter Rawlinson
George Blankenship
Deepak - who returned and will likely end the world - yet again - when he leaves a second time
Cash is King guy who took Deepak's position
VP of Production/Manufacturing - can't even remember which department or his name along with a second higher up at the same time, who's name I also can't remember; both departing after Model X launch
Jim McNeil
The guy who took over for Blankenship - another name that escapes me in the moment but is famously known for 'reckless growth' - took a leave of absence, which many said was a lie. But he returned to head up Semi.
Diarmuid O'Connell

There have been more.

For those that are aware of the gorilla game investing by Geoffrey Moore, crossing the chasm
Is the holy grail , leaving just before is borderline insane, that’s why it’s relevant at
This point in time.

Cummins and dyson both said the battery is the issue in their EV plan. This from actual employees.
Mercedes thinks Tesla is using made up physics for the Semi.
VW admits it and is outsourcing.
Chevy Bolt batteries are from LG Chem.
I don’t know... maybe it’s not hard to believe Tesla core competencies in battery is a huge advantage?

In 2012 Fisker engineers once stated that Tesla was making up their battery claims, this trend will continue well into 2030 by inferior competition.

the "growth rate" is pretty misleading, as it is probably calculate for Jan to Feb

YoY and QoQ they are down quite significantly

Comparing Jan and Feb with last year we did not see the growth rate expected.

Lets wait until quarter end with conclusions. The low delivery rate in Germany has more to do with not available S and X I believe. So, I am not worried that end of 2018 will look very good for this two models. So YoY and after Q1/2, QoQ will be good IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: immunogold
Silver Model 3 spotted in Berlin with plates of a town between Audi and BMW HQ in southern Germany.

tesla-model-3-video-berlin-gesichtet.jpg

Likely they test the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.