Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat OT, and from SA, but it's always interesting to see what the competition is up to.

Baidu receives first open-road test licenses for self-driving cars - Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU) | Seeking Alpha

International Professor - I don’t think this is OT at all. Understanding where autonomy may go in the future for Tesla vis a vis the current trends among other players (manufacturers, regulators) is helpful in putting our TSLA investment in context. For me, this “context” is the most valuable aspects of TMC, and of this thread.

Reactions: Intl Professor
Moar VINs

NotSure.png

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark
The website is kinda a mess but I get repeated hits on 18300 but 18301 gives squat.

If we assume that´s right, we just had a badge of 2,415 new VIN's.
Reminds me of the large bucket of VINs registered at the end of Dec. Maybe there is some reason for Tesla to register a lot of VINs at the end of a quarter?

At the end of Dec they had VINs up to 8362, and ended up with 2600 produced, so ~5700 delta between VIN registered vs produced. If we apply that same delta here, then 18300 VIN is equivalent to 12600 produced, or 10k produced in Q1.

Status
Not open for further replies.