Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High volume, no negative news that I can see, I don't get it.

Yahoo and CNBC (this morning) both reported that Tesla was slowing production in Norway. Obviously not true but it sounds really bad. Also, no reporter has done any research and learned the problem ends in three days, so nobody reading the reports knows that. None of these financial reporters care at all if they're giving good information or not. They need regulating worse than Facebook.

Jobs that keep those polluting cars on the road, that keeps the Earth warming up, that could be the end be our species.......BUT we gotta have jobs!!!

Agreed, but they don't care as " saving the earth " will never be a good strategy in sales. Because the consumer mind, in general, is very short term oriented, and saving the earth involves long term thinking.

Agreed, but they don't care as " saving the earth " will never be a good strategy in sales. Because the consumer mind, in general, is very short term oriented, and saving the earth involves long term thinking.
I think a lot of consumers are smart enough to see long term cost-saving even if they're not "green" people. look at how well LED light bulbs have taken off even with higher purchasing price.

Reactions: Tenable
This guy is a billionaire. Hundreds of his future generations are all set for life, even if they don't work. He is not worrying about his stock going down nor receiving any salary for the next decades.

Anything can happen with stocks. Nothing is set in stone that this year will end with 400 or 500 or 600 per share.

I disagree, get yourself a Boring home, its very much set in stone.

I think a lot of consumers are smart enough to see long term cost-saving even if they're not "green" people. look at how well LED light bulbs have taken off even with higher purchasing price.

Yes but in terms of cost-saving they see the benefits right away. Even though the purchasing price is higher, they get the benefits right away once they start using it.

My point was concerning the " save the earth ". As long as it doesn't touch them right away, they don't really care.

One open question in my mind last week was whether VIN assignments would convert into an increase in production and deliveries or might be explained by something else, like Tesla just assigning VINs earlier in the process.

The one lagging indicator are deliveries, which do not yet reflect a dramatic increase. I think this is likely explained by delivery lag times to the East Coast and that we are about to have a large volume of West Coast deliveries, but we'll have to see.

If there already has been a significant ramp as I suspect, the delivery centers should be very busy handing off Model 3s to happy customers between now and March 31.

I checked today and scheduled deliveries for the last week of March on the spreadsheet are currently at 96 out of 473 total scheduled deliveries through March 31 (not everyone enters their scheduled delivery date).

Assuming this is representative, that would mean 20% of all Model 3 deliveries through March 31 are occurring this week. 20% may understate the actual number, because Tesla is still scheduling deliveries for this week so the number will likely grow, and people often lag entering their data.

Some of this is obviously the result of normal quarter end rush and east coast to west coast scheduling, but it also suggests that the recent increase in VIN assignment is not just wishful thinking by Tesla but is being converted into vehicles produced and delivered.

Edit: math correction, etc.

Last edited:
Looks like the update to AP software that got rave reviews from S/X owners is now reaching the Model 3 (though, it's not clear to me if it's going out to all 3s just yet),

Model 3 Software Updates

Glad to see this happening before CR finishes their review of the car. In their "quick date" video a few weeks back they dinged AP. Would be nice if their upcoming full review not only has a much higher opinion of AP, but, includes this great example of how much OTA updates, hardly found in any form anywhere but Tesla, can improve the experience of owning one of these cars.

One of the main reasons LED bulbs have taken off is that they are far superior. Good quality light and they last forever. Compact florescents are cheap and last a long time but are crappy light and not dimmable. LED finally came down in price and are far better. Kind of like EVs today.

Looks like the update to AP software that got rave reviews from S/X owners is now reaching the Model 3 (though, it's not clear to me if it's going out to all 3s just yet),

Model 3 Software Updates

Glad to see this happening before CR finishes their review of the car. In their "quick date" video a few weeks back they dinged AP. Would be nice if their upcoming full review not only has a much higher opinion of AP, but, includes this great example of how much OTA updates, hardly found in any form anywhere but Tesla, can improve the experience of owning one of these cars.

And this is also the update that raises Emergency Braking operating speed from 50 to 90MPH, another feature that will please CR. Also improves backup camera ratio (no more distortion), and adds heated back seats controls. Definetely improved EAP. This is a wide release - many people getting it (including me ;-)

And this is also the update that raises Emergency Braking operating speed from 50 to 90MPH, another feature that will please CR. Also improves backup camera ratio (no more distortion), and adds heated back seats controls. Definetely improved EAP. This is a wide release - many people getting it (including me ;-)

great, enjoy the updates!

is backup camera now caught up with what’s typical for new cars today?

This is weird...

For me the Bloomberg model 3 tracker says 881 per week. But when I view it through a proxy server it says 1025. I guess that explains why I always saw a lower number than what other people have been reporting.

At least I didn’t base my investment decisions on the tracker. (I would back up the truck, but I’m all out of cash.)

This is weird...

For me the Bloomberg model 3 tracker says 881 per week. But when I view it through a proxy server it says 1025. I guess that explains why I always saw a lower number than what other people have been reporting.

At least I didn’t base my investment decisions on the tracker. (I would back up the truck, but I’m all out of cash.)
I saw 1025/wk about 8 hours ago also, and now it's back to 975 for me. Also 8 hours ago the cumulative production and the weekly rate graphs, as well as the VIN registration vs modeled production graph all had estimates extending into April, but now they are back to the version that ends at today. There may have been a different version of the website that the proxy server fetched.

Reactions: RobStark
Status
Not open for further replies.