Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People comparing other EVs to Model 3, (including other manufacturers) are making that mistake of looking at EVs as a (niche) market. There is no EV market. There is a premium sports/luxury sedan market. This is where model three competes.

I think the ICE premium sports/luxury sedan sector will disappear. German car companies are the first ones that will see the demand drop. There is really no reason to buy their cars anymore. One test drive will change everything, forever. The more people switch, even more people will switch. At most in three years, their demand will drop to near zero.

In addition, the base Model 3 will also take customers from Toyota, Honda, etc. After oil saving is accounted for, the base Model 3 is comparable with Camry cost wise. But the car is so much better. There is no comparison.

Tesla is not competing with other EVs, it's competing with all the vehicles. It's by far the most compelling vehicle on the market. We longs have been saying this for years. Those shorts who still don't get it, deserve the suffering. Those who keep saying Tesla will have no demand, probably are paid to spread the FUD, including some analysts.

Last edited:
Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 Production Seen Hitting 3K Next Week - Global Equities' Chowdhry (incase not yet posted here)

Chowdhry said the checks show Model 3 Production continues to ramp and may reach 3,000 per week by next week.

He notes:

• Production and Delivery activity continues to nicely ramp up
  • Just-in-time-Delivery:
    • Production and Delivery continues to almost remain in Sync
    • About 5 to 7 Model 3's come every 15 minutes into the Holding area from Production
    • About 3 Delivery Trucks, with 7 to 8 Model 3's on it, leaves the holding area every 30 min to 45 min

My contribution to Q2 revenue is complete.

IMG_20180510_144242.jpg

Let's not overstate it. His book reading allows him to know for sure who the best rocket scientists are, just like he knows who the best battery, EV and design people are.
Elon is Chief Rocket Engineer/Designer at Space-X.

I am sure he’s responsible for reusability and mass use of engines. Falcon Heavy even reuses Falcon 9 cores.

To bring this back to Tesla, before the mods get involved, I see the same fingerprints at Tesla.

Semi reusing Model 3 components.
I am wondering how far this extends. Onboard chargers, battery modules, inverters, commonality between Megachargers and Superchargers...?

Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 Production Seen Hitting 3K Next Week - Global Equities' Chowdhry (incase not yet posted here)

Chowdhry said the checks show Model 3 Production continues to ramp and may reach 3,000 per week by next week.

He notes:

• Just-in-time-Delivery:
    • About 5 to 7 Model 3's come every 15 minutes into the Holding area from Production
    • About 3 Delivery Trucks, with 7 to 8 Model 3's on it, leaves the holding area every 30 min to 45 min

Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing anything Trip says.

I have posted this before, I think it's worth to repost: we are going to see more and more Teslas on the road. More than half million by the end of this year, around one million by the end of 2019. If each Tesla owner sells one car, that's another million demand. I know I can sell 20 a year without effort. I finished 1/3 the goal in 2 weeks.

When Elon said we will see the burn of the Century, I don't think he is only based on the large short size. More likely he thinks the business will boom and the business valuation will rise a lot. This is much better than purely waiting/hoping for a squeeze.

I have posted this before, I think it's worth to repost: we are going to see more and more Teslas on the road. More than half million by the end of this year, around one million by the end of 2019. If each Tesla owner sells one car, that's another million demand. I know I can sell 20 a year without effort. I finished 1/3 the goal in 2 weeks.

When Elon said we will see the burn of the Century, I don't think he is only based on the large short size. More likely he thinks the business will boom and the business valuation will rise a lot. This is much better than purely waiting/hoping for a squeeze.
Are we selling now? When did we stop the anti-sell? I must've missed the memo...

• Funny
Reactions: TradingInvest
That article missed the number one reason.

When your timelines are much sooner than your competition, it doesn’t matter if you miss your timeline as long as you beat theirs.

E.g. Model 3 is six months late, but competition to it hasn’t even been announced.

Literally the number one Rocket Scientist on the planet by virtue of reading a few books.
The competition could very well be 5 years behind. They are really in a sad state. Their best case scenario is to be bailed out our bought out by someone bailed out.

He notes:

• Just-in-time-Delivery:

If this is true, then prepare for some FUD attacks. I am anticipating FUD to be ATH when Tesla reaches the 5k milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.