Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, then prepare for some FUD attacks. I am anticipating FUD to be ATH when Tesla reaches the 5k milestone.
FUD will never stop and shorting will continue till kingdom come. Too disruptive. This only gets worse. 5k run rate is badly needed. When ice manufacturers start cutting their ad budgets FUD will be many times worse. tsla needs "FUDBUSTERS" who you gonna call us. Now get on social media, fight back.

FUD will never stop and shorting will continue till kingdom come. Too disruptive. This only gets worse. 5k run rate is badly needed. When ice manufacturers start cutting their ad budgets FUD will be many times worse. tsla needs "FUDBUSTERS" who you gonna call us. Now get on social media, fight back.

I’ve been fighting like a mad man. What I’m seeing is that after 3-4 exchanges the shorter stops responding as they don’t have enough solid information to back up their statements (these guys aren’t very bright to begin with). The positive thing about bullish comments is that they tend to stick so every viewer can see them and distinguish fact vs fiction. I don’t expect my comments to get rid of any shorts, I’m hoping it’ll keep some weak bulls from selling until we get confirmation on 3,000 week on VIN counts.

I’ve been fighting like a mad man. What I’m seeing is that after 3-4 exchanges the shorter stops responding as they don’t have enough solid information to back up their statements (these guys aren’t very bright to begin with). The positive thing about bullish comments is that they tend to stick so every viewer can see them and distinguish fact vs fiction. I don’t expect my comments to get rid of any shorts, I’m hoping it’ll keep some weak bulls from selling until we get confirmation on 3,000 week on VIN counts.

Everyday there are 800 or so new Tesla owners. Those paid bashers will be out numbers. They can't stop these supporters telling their friends how great Tesla cars are.

Also keep in mind some of the bashers are robots. I will try to write some pieces of facts so I can copy/past against those bashers. Retyping is too time consuming.

Everyday there are 800 or so new Tesla owners. Those paid bashers will be out numbers. They can't stop these supporters telling their friends how great Tesla cars are.

Also keep in mind some of the bashers are robots. I will try to write some pieces of facts so I can copy/past against those bashers. Retyping is too time consuming.

That’s true, but those new reservation holders may not be as knowledgable as we are here. Their friends are going to read the comments section as well. Every bit helps in moments like these. I think a few won battles for longs has kind of made us lazy, just like those Romans. Being too sure of ourselves is not prudent when there’s a battle waging out there. Look at Curt, he’s even writing to politicians. Efforts like that go a long way, and it comes down to numbers & volume. They only represent 35-40%, yet shorts are louder than we are.

I think the ICE premium sports/luxury sedan sector will disappear. German car companies are the first ones that will see the demand drop.

You would be amazed how much Tesla related vitriol I encounter in German internet forums - not in BMW forums, but just general technology related fora - and how deeply entrenched the love for Diesel engines in Germany actually is. Not saying that there are not sane people in Germany but if about a third of your country is depending on Diesel technology selling well internationally, the hatred for Tesla is very strong and very real.

I hear you, but I don't think we have tipped the scales yet: GM, Toyota and VW etc. are enormously big employee-wise. And just like in politics, this is not about what is the better technology but solely about who is the home-team.

Economically, I think this is all not too bad: in 2008 a roughly 10% drop in car sales was enough to send most of the US car makers into bankruptcy. So just stealing a few % from the ICE car makers will hurt them a lot. But you will literally have hundreds of thousands of very angry legacy car maker workers who will blame everyone but their own company for their economic hardship...

Zaxxon, congratulations. Every time you drive your MX and new M3 you are serving the EV message, the EV vision, and the EV mission. Your contribution has only just started.

M3 Configured Apr. 1/18 and waiting in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Thanks! The X was just a test drive, tho. The 3 is our first Tesla, although it replaced a Leaf and we also have a Volvo PHEV.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Thumper
I have a friend from H.S. who works on the “last stop” line (he said that was their internal name for end of line workers). Anyways, he said yesterday the board showed production from Wednesday was 4126. I also asked what Wesneaday total was but he didn’t look at that number but would on Sunday when he works again. I asked if he could take a pic for me but he was quick to say no bc they are not allowed to have their phones out and he would probably get fired if he did. I’m super excited and hopefully we get some more leaking of info on production #’s soon.

I have a friend from H.S. who works on the “last stop” line (he said that was their internal name for end of line workers). Anyways, he said yesterday the board showed production from Wednesday was 4126. I also asked what Wesneaday total was but he didn’t look at that number but would on Sunday when he works again. I asked if he could take a pic for me but he was quick to say no bc they are not allowed to have their phones out and he would probably get fired if he did. I’m super excited and hopefully we get some more leaking of info on production #’s soon.

So that implies they made 4126 cars Mon through Wed, that is in 3 days?!! Or am I reading this wrong? What is your interpretation?

Maybe it was last week´s total, more likely. Would still be impressive.

More and more headlines like these and Tesla energy should be very well.

Tesla’s giant battery in Australia reduced grid service cost by 90%

Thanks for posting. The financial returns seem to be staggering -- really impressive:

Now McKinsey and Co partner Godart van Gendt presented new data at the Australian Energy Week conference in Melbourne this week and claimed that Tesla’s battery has now taken over 55% of the FCAS services and reduced cost by 90%.

van Gendt said (via Reneweconomy):

“In the first four months of operations of the Hornsdale Power Reserve (the official name of the Tesla big battery, owned and operated by Neoen), the frequency ancillary services prices went down by 90 per cent, so that’s 9-0 per cent. And the 100MW battery has achieved over 55 per cent of the FCAS revenues in South Australia. So it’s 2 per cent of the capacity in South Australia achieving 55 per cent of the revenues in South Australia.”

South Australia is reportedly the only state that has seen a decline in FCAS costs over the period. Some estimates put the savings at over $30 million in just a few months.
Tesla’s giant battery in Australia reduced grid service cost by 90%

Last edited:
So that implies they made 4126 cars Mon through Wed, that is in 3 days?!! Or am I reading this wrong? What is your interpretation?

Maybe it was last week´s total, more likely. Would still be impressive.
sorry, misspoke. The 4126 was for last 7 days. not since Wednesday. I asked him what total was for Wednesday output but he didn't know. He is going to get me 7 day output and also single day output when he goes back to work Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.