Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week IB has been lending out my shares at 2.63% & I've been getting 1.32%.

Why buy the cow?

The value of your shares should go up if you don’t rent them out.

I shut the door on that by offering every share I hold for sale at a price way above market. They can’t loan them.

A smart person would do that strategically to trigger an event or action.

I just don’t want people betting against a group of people’s best effort.

Jigar Shah is a LinkedIn Influencer
LinkedIn Top Energy Influencer for 2017 - Co-Founder at Generate Capital Inc
1d

"My friend, Mark W. Wilkerson, just told me that he will be one of the first folks moving into Babcock Ranch -- 100% solar powered community! The first 250 homes of 19,500 homes are on their way. Every home has EV charging pre-wired and fiber optic"

Here is the link:

Sustainable City | Babcock Ranch, Florida

It has always been disappointing to fly into Miami and see countless flat-roofed commercial buildings without solar in "The Sunshine State". Let's hope this is proof of better things to come in FLA

Last edited:
Jigar Shah is a LinkedIn Influencer
LinkedIn Top Energy Influencer for 2017 - Co-Founder at Generate Capital Inc
1d

"My friend, Mark W. Wilkerson, just told me that he will be one of the first folks moving into Babcock Ranch -- 100% solar powered community! The first 250 homes of 19,500 homes are on their way. Every home has EV charging pre-wired and fiber optic"

Here is the link:

Sustainable City | Babcock Ranch, Florida

It has always been disappointing to fly into Miami and see countless flat-roofed commercial buildings without solar in "The Sunshine State". Let's hope this is proof of better things to come in FLA
close to my place in SW Florida, needs to be checked out

Reactions: Paracelsus
If you get the chance to visit the facility could you please share the findings of your trip with the board @winfield100 ?
first, i have to travel from Maryland to Florida, but yes. At moment i have reservation in for powerwall when they get to me in SW Fla, and 40 months of electrical data. (Hurricane Irma almost nailed that area last Sept, missed me by 15 miles to the east, 60+ hours zero elec, $600 food gone, $45,000 damage)(i'm a tad bit older than my picture)

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus
Let's not forget that the new, more automated part of the line is supposed to lower manufacturing costs, so it's reasonable to expect [sub-]lines 1 and 2 to be retired at some point. Production numbers may hold steady for a while at 5'000 give or take.

I agree with the retirement perspective. Even if the new line brings general assembly up to 7500+ capability, there are other components of the production process that would still cap production at 5k per week - or maybe 6k, since that's the individual part target for July. And since production can only go as fast as the slowest/least-lucky part, that will be the cap until Elon announces their next production target.

Why buy the cow?

The value of your shares should go up if you don’t rent them out.

I shut the door on that by offering every share I hold for sale at a price way above market. They can’t loan them.

A smart person would do that strategically to trigger an event or action.

I just don’t want people betting against a group of people’s best effort.

I'm in the "give em enough rope" camp. If people want to pay me money so they can place dumb bets then I'm fine with that.

Reactions: neroden
Tesla’s version 9 software update is coming in August with first ‘full self-driving features’, says Elon Musk

So, the 64 billion dollar question is: How is Tesla going to "BEGIN to enable FULL self-driving features"?

Call me skeptical, but in all likelyhood it won't be "full". It's hard for me to imagine ANY environment where there wouldn't be scenarios where the car has to return control to the driver, at least for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, if they deploy the new features as part of EAP for those who have paid for FSD, that might make more sense. But if so, there could arise scenarios where some fool crashes and hurts himself or others who hadn't paid for FSD but for which the FSD features could have resulted in a better outcome. This seems tricky.

RE stock price: Overall I think the news of beginning FSD feature rollout is good news for the share price leading up to the rollout. But depending on how it's rolled out we could see much more volatility and negative press. Interesting times ahead, indeed.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: DragonWatch
Sorry, one last thought on initial FSD rollout: What is Tesla going to tell customers? With EAP it's "drivers must remain vigilant and be prepared to take over at any moment". With the initial rollout of FSD features does anyone here think there will be ANY driving scenario where Tesla instructs drivers otherwise??

Last edited:

...oh so because the outstanding GTC, they withhold your long tsla shares from the stock yield enhancement program?
as opposed to having to opt out of the program entirely? if i interpreted that correctly, that’s good!!
i don’t have a ton of shares, but every little bit helps. maybe i’ll try it. if we all collectively did that it might prevent some of the bottom feeding and media driven negative manipulation/misinformation going on. frustrating

Reactions: 22522
Sorry, one last thought on initial FSD rollout: What is Tesla going to tell customers? With EAP it's "drivers must remain vigilant and be prepared to take over at any moment". With the initial rollout of FSD features does anyone here think there will be ANY driving scenario where Tesla instructs drivers otherwise??

Maybe Terms and Conditions as for the Not-A-Flamethrower (I knew there must be a purpose for learning to sell items with disclaimers!)?

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 1.16.41 PM.png

...oh so because the outstanding GTC, they withhold your long tsla shares from the stock yield enhancement program?
as opposed to having to opt out of the program entirely? if i interpreted that correctly, that’s good!!
i don’t have a ton of shares, but every little bit helps. maybe i’ll try it. if we all collectively did that it might prevent some of the bottom feeding and media driven negative manipulation/misinformation going on. frustrating

My thought is that all Teslas will have every safety feature supported by their version of hardware.
Non-EAP will have no TACC (cuts off cruise when FCW goes off) and no autosteer (but will alert / avoid side swiping or head on collisions).
EAP will have TACC and Auto steer, but will not operate empty and will require steering input/ driver interaction or else disengage.

Reactions: 2virgule5
Maybe Terms and Conditions as for the Not-A-Flamethrower (I knew there must be a purpose for learning to sell items with disclaimers!)?

Not sure if you are kidding or not. Agreeing to terms and conditions has done nothing to squelch bad PR. Would be way worse as soon as someone nods off and kills a pedestrian. I'm serious about wanting to know how others think this might work and play out.

Not sure if you are kidding or not. Agreeing to terms and conditions has done nothing to squelch bad PR. Would be way worse as soon as someone nods off and kills a pedestrian. I'm serious about wanting to know how others think this might work and play out.

Actually I think it’s a great idea. Put the important points up front and require clicking on each sentence like:

- You agree that you must look forwards at all times.
- you cannot use this system while using your smartphone
- I understand that this system can make errors, and I must be ready to take control at anytime

My biggest beef with Tesla isn’t AP. I KNOW it isn’t perfect. My biggest beef is that Tesla hasn’t communicated that fact well to customers. Having a one time terms and conditions before AP can be used would be brilliant. You could do it all on the cars touchscreen.

It isn’t to squelch bad PR, it is to improve driver safety.

Actually I think it’s a great idea. Put the important points up front and require clicking on each sentence like:

- You agree that you must look forwards at all times.
- you cannot use this system while using your smartphone
- I understand that this system can make errors, and I must be ready to take control at anytime

My biggest beef with Tesla isn’t AP. I KNOW it isn’t perfect. My biggest beef is that Tesla hasn’t communicated that fact well to customers. Having a one time terms and conditions before AP can be used would be brilliant. You could do it all on the cars touchscreen.

It isn’t to squelch bad PR, it is to improve driver safety.

I understand the frustration; but society/individuals as a whole refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. Solve that equation and we can finally accept that the world is not flat:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Krugerrand and kbM3

We’ll have to wait and see how GM’s hands off the wheel approach will work out. Once Gm’s system can’t recognize the curved lanes it’ll beep and you have a fraction of a second to react and retake control. That doesn’t sound like it’s a safe system to me and is a bit of a gimmick to track your eyes when it’s lane recognition needs a lot of work.

If Tesla can do an online tutorial for customers that would be great. They can point out all the safeguards and concerns so customers can watch it at their own time before picking up the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.