Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) No shoving was necessary. They are higher margin because consumers are willing to pay more for them.

2) SUVs are not a lot less reliable than sedans from the same company. Truck based SUVs have better long term durability even if they have lower initial quality.

3) Rollovers are a small fraction of fatalities.

So you are saying advertisers typically spend their dollars on products that already sell themselves?

Going Skiing in tahoe its usually the big SUV that are spun out or in the ditch. Maybe a californian thing?

Reactions: Remus
So you are saying advertisers typically spend their dollars on products that already sell themselves?

Going Skiing in tahoe its usually the big SUV that are spun out or in the ditch. Maybe a californian thing?

Most advertisers spend so you buy their brand in particular, to build a brand. I am going to buy soda and deodorant . Pepsi advertises so I buy Pepsi. Coke so I buy Coke. Old Spice....

Once in a while there is a completely new product. Marketers need to explain the benefits to the consumer.

No one needs to create demand for SUV/CUVs.

Anecdotes is not data that passes scientific muster.

... But... But... I had credible information from beachbums, firebirds and Mike 12345s that Tesla was having so much trouble producing and delivering all these cars, their dealer lots overflowing with cars full of defects... My my, all the stock I bought at $380 that I sold today at $280 for a huge loss (damn you Elon Musk, you incompetent, no-good pumpanddumpster), maybe I shouldn't have listened to these upstanding gentlemen or gentleladies after all?
"credible" -- I do not think it means what you think it means

I read the Hungarian factory making Etron Quattro motors has capacity for 100k motors that could be used to make 50k Etron Quattros per year.

Have you read something more specific that they have the battery cells and in fact plan to make 50k if there is market demand?
Nope, I'm just getting this from the Hungarian factory information.

How is it possible to deliver even more in the eoq, if delivery centres are completely overbooked already?
(1) I do not think they are doing an end-of-quarter push because they specifically said they were going to stop doing those and attempt to smooth out deliveries.
(2) I think this is a sign that they may have alleviated the delivery logistics problems. Maybe the three new delivery execs have worked out *which areas* can handle more deliveries and are asking people to configure by geography ('cause that's what I'd do).

• Helpful
Reactions: 22522 and Matias
2 hours 36 minutes ?!? Anyone got key points of information? Premarket, Stock is down 1.3% so Was it another interview ambush?
I don't want to be 'that guy', but please do some quick research yourself. There is a thread on Tesla's reddit page and a specific thread on TMC. Also, check this and the Market action thread to see that there are mixed but mostly neutral and positive responses. And little Tesla info was shared in the podcast.

Here are the main points:

* Elon likes to think and talk about big thoughts that benefit people.
* Elon has the resources and passion to take some of these big thoughts and put them into amazing products.
* Based on Elon's thinking, Tesla is more than just cars. It is definitely a Transportation and Energy company that has much room to grow.
* Elon knows fun and likes putting it into his products and marketing. (Huge competitive advantage)
* Elon is a both a big thinker, and a normal person who enjoys things like spaceballs and whiskey.
* You can see why top young people would want to work for him, and not GM or Exxon. (Another huge competitive advantage)

Smart + Passion + Fun drives him.

It's no wonder Tesla is successful now and will be in even more so in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.