Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The package was delivered and on the Amazon.com website is a photo of it outside of my front door. Wow!

imageId-feb384bb-c370-b278-8d10-dca0116e0339
Great. We have a distribution center being built in Airway Heights now. It'll serve the greater Spokane area.
Maybe it'll provide the same service for us when it's completed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gifford 3
CNBC - 2 hours ago: An inside look at Tesla's Gigafactory
CNBC's Phil LeBeau plans follow-ups throughout the day.

It will be very interesting to see if the positive tone and accuracy are maintained throughout the day.

Hugely funny to hear the woman commentator comment "Seeing it in action gives you a slightly different perspective."
Yes, paying attention to objective facts on the ground versus vacuous opinions of people with negative agendas, does tend to do that! Now if faux journalists covering Tesla were to experience reality themselves by taking a test drive of a Model 3, imagine how that might change their perspective! :rolleyes:

"Seeing it in action gives you a slightly different perspective."

I watch Squawk Box every morning, and I'm always amazed how little they know about what is actually going on with Tesla, but still feel the need to discuss it.

If I hear one more time from that old guy "Elon needs adult supervision" I'm going flamethrower my TV.

Tesla Model 3 is starting to show some important flaws in cold weather
With the cold, several owners are reporting that the door handles are extremely hard to pop out and when they do, the window doesn’t always come down

Not sure how big an issue this is?

It may be the reason that TSLA moved a bit down after regular hours while the averages are up. The article is by Electrek and TMC’s @FredLambert who apparently doesn’t keep his Model 3 in an attached garage.

Cold weather can be a problem for internal combustion engines rather than electric motors. This type type of cold weather ancillary nuisance is not unique to a Tesla car. Nevertheless, let’s see how Tesla addresses it.

Tesla Model 3 is starting to show some important flaws in cold weather
With the cold, several owners are reporting that the door handles are extremely hard to pop out and when they do, the window doesn’t always come down

Not sure how big an issue this is?
Can't say I didn't see this coming. That's what Tesla gets for ignoring us cold weather users for so long.

Dear Tesla, hire some senior engineers in cold climates and give them Tesla's to live with daily.

It may be the reason that TSLA moved down after regular hours while the averages are up. The article is by Electrek and TMC’s @FredLambert who apparently doesn’t keep his Model 3 in an attached garage.

Cold weather can be a problem for internal combustion engines rather than electric motors. This type type of cold weather ancillary nuisance is not unique to a Tesla car. Nevertheless, let’s see how Tesla addresses it.

That's the attitude that got us here. It would be one thing if all the cold weather performance was awesome, and you just had to tell car n00bs about dealing with frameless windows that stick. But unfortunately it's one of many issues.

That door handle design seems insane for cold weather. Yes door handles freeze. But normal door handles you PULL on. If ice freezes behind the Model 3 door handle, you have to crush ice to get a grip on it. Fast heaters in the handles should have been mandatory, not not a different design.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and abasile
It may be the reason that TSLA moved a bit down after regular hours while the averages are up. The article is by Electrek and TMC’s @FredLambert who apparently doesn’t keep his Model 3 in an attached garage.

It's the humidity in addition to the cold that causes the door and window problems. In this kind of weather I run the heaters in the car when connected to the charging cable to help defrost. Of course, if you can't get the charge port door open you're going to have a different problem. But if your charge state is too low to run your heater for a few hours, your car should be plugged in anyway.

My experience with an S and Oslo's fairly mild winters is 30 minutes of heater is more than enough. About 10 mins to heat the inside and the remaining 20 mins to let the heat leak through windows and doors to melt any ice or snow on the car so it's easy to get into.
Ironically the only place that is still full of snow is the hood, the one place any ICE car always has snowfree.
Having said that, Norwegians living in colder areas inland or that fancy wintersports usually uses silicone lube especially on the rubber seals on the windows and doors.

My experience with an S and Oslo's fairly mild winters is 30 minutes of heater is more than enough. About 10 mins to heat the inside and the remaining 20 mins to let the heat leak through windows and doors to melt any ice or snow on the car so it's easy to get into.
Ironically the only place that is still full of snow is the hood, the one place any ICE car always has snowfree.
Having said that, Norwegians living in colder areas inland or that fancy wintersports usually uses silicone lube especially on the rubber seals on the windows and doors.
You can't compare the two models because of the difference in seals: Fraser Horn on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.