Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The January 24th batch of invites came only one week after the January 17th batch. Thats the first time that a large batch has gone out only one week after the previous batch. Tomorrow (1-31) will be a week later, so will be interesting to see if the "one week between batches" is the new norm, which could possibly be related to increased production.

My guess is that Tesla sticks with only delivering the current PUP + big battery configuration for at least the next several weeks. Remember, they are focused on maximizing income. Starting to muck with the production line to start adding white interiors or the smaller battery slows things down, and the smaller battery gets them less $$$.

So non-owner invites will happen before owner invites who want white interior or smaller battery. My prediction, and I think that will be the case through at least all of February. With California non-owners having priority over out of California non-owners due to getting them their cars faster and booking the $$$ in February. Non-owners outside California may start configuring at the end of February for end of March delivery, allowing Tesla to get those cars to the East coast in time for end of Q1 delivery.

RT

Have the comings and goings of various employees at any other company ever been under such scrutiny by the press?

FOX? Other news networks? Other TV networks? Other media companies?
There was quite a stir over #metoo recently, and I don't think it is over yet.

Sometimes stocks just go down.. I know if you are new to the market since Trump and maybe you got tired of winning. Buy the dip. Not an advice.
This was the quote chain. One of these is not like the others. ;)

Gosh, yes, it's been almost five years since I started to go really berserk on TSLA, but it's 25 years since I learned the bitter lesson: Buy the right dip. Missed a 20-bagger :mad: scrimping on cents at the bottom, so tried to be more careful since.

But then TSLA happened, and the rest, my friend, is not silence but the quietly roaring future. :D

Edited: stupid granmar. I'm Viking, see.

With California non-owners having priority over out of California non-owners due to getting them their cars faster and booking the $$$ in February

This could be true, but couldn't Tesla also go back to their standard model of delivering farthest early in the quarter to closest at the end, meaning non-owners on the east coast then move west as they move through the quarter so that at the end of Q1, they are delivering cars in every timezone at a higher rate rather then clogging up the west coast delivery centers and not delivering any in other timezones. I guess it would depend on how many owners are left but it seems like they are quickly working through owners which was a smallish group based on comments from Tesla, @Troy can confirm but I believe it was 7% of owners reserved and about 60% are US, so that would be less then 13k in the US and many of those will want features not yet available. For all intense and purposes, owners are all but invited by now right?

Edit, I am a 2 S/X owner with a second reservation on June of 2017, so I will be one of the last owners invited. I will let you all know when that happens. Hasnt happened yet, though I received my first invite, day one online during reveal, a couple of weeks ago.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy and CatB
The January 24th batch of invites came only one week after the January 17th batch. Thats the first time that a large batch has gone out only one week after the previous batch. Tomorrow (1-31) will be a week later, so will be interesting to see if the "one week between batches" is the new norm, which could possibly be related to increased production.

My guess is that Tesla sticks with only delivering the current PUP + big battery configuration for at least the next several weeks. Remember, they are focused on maximizing income. Starting to muck with the production line to start adding white interiors or the smaller battery slows things down, and the smaller battery gets them less $$$.

So non-owner invites will happen before owner invites who want white interior or smaller battery. My prediction, and I think that will be the case through at least all of February. With California non-owners having priority over out of California non-owners due to getting them their cars faster and booking the $$$ in February. Non-owners outside California may start configuring at the end of February for end of March delivery, allowing Tesla to get those cars to the East coast in time for end of Q1 delivery.

RT

I'll bet another batch goes out tomorrow so that they "fit in" those of us with Nov-Jan delivery windows. I'm a non-owner with that window, so it will be interesting to see if I get invited.

Hi, @Reciprocity. Yes, Tesla said 7% of reservation holders are owners during a conference call on 5 May 2016 (listen here). However, this information is a little tricky because there are two different percentages:

1. The percentage of owners among reservation holders. This was 7%. This is not important.
2. The percentage or reservation holders among owners. This was 20%. This is important.

At the end of April 2016, there were 362K reservations before cancellations and the size of the Tesla fleet was 129K globally. 7% of 362K is ~26K owners. That means 26K/129K= ~20% of owners at that time had a Model 3 reservation. At the end of 2017, the Tesla fleet was 287K globally and all the owners from 129K to 287K are still getting priority. Of course, somebody who bought a Model S in the last few months is less likely to reserve a Model 3 compared to somebody who bought a Model S in 2016. I have looked at all these details and come up with these numbers:

30 Jan 2018
Global total reservations 573,886
Global active reservations 504,089
Global owner res total 49,130
Global owner res active 45,691
US owner res active 24,125

Seems to be the sign in page (linked from the homepage) that is giving an error. Although I can go directly to the delivery estimator and it loads fine.

I was not able to login yesterday either. For a company with their SW chops, you'd think they could keep the company web site working better. Delivery estimator shows estimates some days and nothing on others.

Reactions: gigglehertz
When It Comes to Tesla Car Bonds, Buyers Simply Can't Get Enough

Parts of deal backed by leases are 14 times oversubscribed

The automaker plans to become a regular issuer of auto ABS, according to people familiar with the matter.

People familiar with the deal said Tesla wouldn’t be increasing the size of its offering, no matter the demand.

When It Comes to Tesla Car Bonds, Buyers Simply Can't Get Enough

Parts of deal backed by leases are 14 times oversubscribed

The automaker plans to become a regular issuer of auto ABS, according to people familiar with the matter.

People familiar with the deal said Tesla wouldn’t be increasing the size of its offering, no matter the demand.

This is FANTASTIC news as the strong positive reception for these bonds suggests Tesla should be able to use this same model to easily generate cash from its Model 3 leases, likely with better terms than anticipated. That should really help cash generation for the next few gigafactories.

Status
Not open for further replies.