Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this is super lame.

Did Elon Musk just:

a) admitted he has no idea about his company's marketing strategy
b) publicly called his social media/marketing department/employees lame?

Without wanting to go off topic, this whole FB thing is blown out of proportion and is super old news. If people weren't aware of privacy issues on the Internet until now, well then, they weren't paying attention. Snowden years ago should have made everyone super cautious.

IMO reacting by deleting your company's FB account is equal to sending "thoughts and prayers" on Twitter. Just makes you feel good about yourself, but doesn't achieve anything at all (or in this case might actually hurt in long term).
Maybe Musk hater Facebook but needed a reason to leave. Zuck is about to become one of the most hated people in America. It’s a good strategy to distance yourself

IMO this is super lame.

Did Elon Musk just:

Without wanting to go off topic, this whole FB thing is blown out of proportion and is super old news. If people weren't aware of privacy issues on the Internet until now, well then, they weren't paying attention. Snowden years ago should have made everyone super cautious.

IMO reacting by deleting your company's FB account is equal to sending "thoughts and prayers" on Twitter. Just makes you feel good about yourself, but doesn't achieve anything at all (or in this case might actually hurt in long term).
Or C. Holds a grudge with Zuckerburg after the A.I. spat.
Elon Musk says Mark Zuckerberg's understanding of AI is 'limited'

Who knows

Reactions: AlMc
IMO this is super lame.

Did Elon Musk just:

Facebook is kind of expensive to advertise on. Maybe this is a good excuse to find another avenue.

• Funny
Reactions: Tenable
Some context for this article. At 2k/w model 3s, Tesla will have doubled the number of units they produce per week, in just 9 short months. Even though we all want more, that is pretty astounding. If they are able to get to just 4k/w next quarter, they will have effectively doubled revenues and tripled weekly production in just 1 year. The best part is that there is upside to further double the 4k/w number in less then 12 months after that. This is why the stock has a high value. Its not so much the total number of units or the total revenue, but the ability to grow and the ability to consume market share. This cannot be taken lightly because it has two impacts. The obvious one is that more market share is awesome and high margin market share is even better. But also, It forces competitors to react, which forces them to move up their plans and works to Tesla's master plan. If the competition can build better cars, then more power to them, but I have my doubts. What I always come back to is... If they could build better cars, they would have by now. In my opinion, Tesla's cars are superior to the current competition, so I have no reason to think that the competition will have a very hard time building a superior car. They also have many many issues that are working against them. Tesla has only Tesla to worry about. If they focus and keep plodding forward on the same path they have been, they will end up with a sizable market share for some of the most valuable segments by margin. This margin will drive them to either profitability or more and faster product releases/ramps. The Y and Pickup jump to mind.

Superior car/speed/safety
Superior customer experience
Superior: infotainment/Maps,Navigation/camera size
Superior over the air..
Superior charging
Superior battery life
Superior COST

Yea, good luck beating that...

IMO this is super lame.

Did Elon Musk just:

c) show how irrelevant Facebook is to Tesla. Most responses to this move seem to be positive, so consider that your view could be in the minority.

I would also like to add, Musk is trying to get his hands on as many Tesla shares as possible while Zuck is dumping his FB shares at an ever increasing rate.

Yea but he isn't dumping them for reasons you might think are. He's dumping them to finance his other charities endeavors.
Like Jeff Bezos is selling almost 1 billion dollars worth of shares every year for Blue Origin.

• Informative
Reactions: Skryll
c) show how irrelevant Facebook is to Tesla. Most responses to this move seem to be positive, so consider that your view could be in the minority.

Agreed. Nonetheless I think it was a bit of a cheap move in the sense that I think people are blowing out of proportion this Fb scandal.

The basic gist of the matter is that a company created a quiz (app) on Fb, that basically analyzed your characters etc. millions of people took it. Then the company that created the quiz sold the results to organizations(many of them had close ties with Donald Trump, Brexit...) that wanted it (which served them to better target their audience).

But IMO, when people took the quiz, they should have been aware that it wasn't private.

Reactions: Sudre
Agreed. Nonetheless I think it was a bit of a cheap move in the sense that I think people are blowing out of proportion this Fb scandal.

The basic gist of the matter is that a company created a quiz (app) on Fb, that basically analyzed your characters etc. millions of people took it. Then the company that created the quiz sold the results to organizations(many of them had close ties with Donald Trump, Brexit...) that wanted it (which served them to better target their audience).

But IMO, when people took the quiz, they should have been aware that it wasn't private.
I deleted my FB account anyway. I've known about the Cambridge Analytica thing for a long time, and have been less and less active on FB over the last 1-2 years since Trump basically pushed the already unbearable news coverage on FB way over the edge. And now I have an excuse to also ignore people's vacation/kids/food/pets pictures, and forgetting people's birthdays.

The Troy tracker has been updated based on the new NHSTA VIN registrations. Current Model 3 production rate now at 1648/week with estimated 2604/week by end of march.

I wouldn't get too excited yet as buyer VINS still indicate production at less than 1,000/week but at least there's hope now for Tesla getting close to their end of quarter production rate goal.

In light of increasing market volatility and general uncertainty, I encourage people to evaluate their risk profile now, BEFORE anything really odd/bad happens.

In practical terms, I recommend:

(1) For those still working for a living, at least 3-6 months expenses in liquid accounts, plus some extra to cover an emergency expense like car repair. Online bank accounts are now offering rates between 1.5-2%, which is at least somewhat keeping pace with inflation.

(2) An age-appropriate mix of stock and bond index mutual funds.

(3) Investment in individual stock only what one can afford to lose.

I have always believed that investors should have enough liquidity on hand such that they can avoid having to cash out stock and mutual funds at inopportune times.

In light of increasing market volatility and general uncertainty, I encourage people to evaluate their risk profile now, BEFORE anything really odd/bad happens.

In practical terms, I recommend:

(1) For those still working for a living, at least 3-6 months expenses in liquid accounts, plus some extra to cover an emergency expense like car repair. Online bank accounts are now offering rates between 1.5-2%, which is at least somewhat keeping pace with inflation.

(2) An age-appropriate mix of stock and bond index mutual funds.

(3) Investment in individual stock only what one can afford to lose.

I have always believed that investors should have enough liquidity on hand such that they can avoid having to cash out stock and mutual funds at inopportune times.
Yes the most important thing, following your #1, once you've set aside something that can last one through a major dip, is that don't sell when it dips, ride it out.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

I may be mistaken, but I thought access was not only to the data of the person who took the quiz, but, also to data of all the FB friends of the person who took the quiz whether these friends took the quiz or not.

News Flash: A tragedy occurred where a Tesla driver passed away.

How long till the shorts use this? Oh wait...too late. REALTesla Reddit already celebrating death. Mark Spiegel & Co. celebrating death.

Remember, when you short Tesla, you stand on the same side of those who pray and wish for death.

If you find yourself questioning why you put yourself through the stress of owning this stock...just remember who you are up against...scum...they wish for nothing but death...death of Tesla drivers and Tesla the company itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.