Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently M3 line shutdown also affected Elon, time to go for a drive and pop some tunes
Elon Musk on Twitter
upload_2018-4-17_12-27-8.png

Apparently M3 line shutdown also affected Elon, time to go for a drive and pop some tunes
Elon Musk on Twitter
View attachment 294866

Here’s the lyrics, it starts out morbid but ends with a bang!

I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes
Hate in my heart, love in my mind
I seen nights full of pain, days are the same
You keep the sunshine, save me the rain
I search but never find, hurt but never cry
I work and forever try, but I'm cursed, so never mind
And it's worse, but better times seem further and beyond
The top gets higher the more that I climb
The spot gets smaller, and I get bigger
Tryna get into where I fit in, no room for a n****
But soon for a n**** it be on, mu'f***a'
Cause all the bulls***, just made me strong, mu'f***a'

Man, it feels like these walls are closing in
This roof is caving in, up its time to raise it then
Your days are numbered like pages in
My book of rhymes,
got 'em cookin', boy
This crooked mind of mine got 'em all
Shook and scared
to look in my eyes
I stole that f***in' clock, I took the time and I
Came up from behind
And pretty much snuck up
And butt-F***ed this game up
Better be careful when you bring my name up
F*** this fame, that ain't what
I came to claim but the game
Ain't gonna be the same on the day that I leave it
But I swear one way or another I'm a make these f***in' haters believe it
I swear to God, won't spare the rod
I'm a man of my word
, so your f***in' heads better nod
Or I'm a F*** around in this B**** and roast everybody!
Sleep on me, that pillow is where your head'll lie
Permanently, B****, it's beddy-bye
This world is my Easter egg, yeah! prepare to die
My head is swole, my confidence is up
This stage is my pedestal
I'm unstoppable, incredible
Hulk
, you're trapped in my medicine ball
I could run circles around you so fast your f***in' head'll spin, dog
I'll split your cabbage and lettuce and olives
I'll f***in'...

**I hope he’s gna drop it on the shorts. Remember he’s driving the M3 and bouncing for his ryhme.

This is awesome news!! Should mean that grohman gets up and running!
Strangely no after close market reaction. Can anyone recommend a broker where i can trade after the close?

A few notes:
-What does sets of car parts mean? A set is ~6000/850 = supply for 7 cars?
-If they end the contract with some suppliers on Monday how are they supposed to reach their 6000/wk goal? I guess it means the contract ends in a certain time?
-I like the focus on costs but shorts could interpret it negatively as being not effective with cash (do you?). Shortly after reading the first lines of the email i thought market is going to be up 5% tomorrow for sure. Now I am not sure. What do you think is the market going to do tomorrow?
I personally think we could even see a drop & buying opportunity tomorrow into the open as shorts try to take control of the narrative and then see a sequential recovery and run towards 308$. (and the coming days maybe even higher)
-I also like the focus on communication. If implemented well changes are going to be great for the culture.

Last edited:

Quite the letter!

Leaves opening for headlines like “All capital expenditures put on hold at Tesla amid weeks of bankruptcy concerns”

I’m on my phone or I’d put here the part of the letter that may be spun this way.

Other stuff leaves openings to spin more “Unhinged Musk” “Not qualified to be a CEO” etc headlines, lols

Leaked communication? Suspect it was faxed to FredL before the proverbial ink dried.

EM definitely trying to support the SP. I have no problems with that but as @SteveG3 pointed out there is info for continued FUD production here.

Steak is needed at this point. Hope this document leads to steak.......GO Tesla/ Go EM

Leaked communication? Suspect it was faxed to FredL before the proverbial ink dried.

EM definitely trying to support the SP. I have no problems with that but as @SteveG3 pointed out there is info for continued FUD production here.

Steak is needed at this point. Hope this document leads to steak.......GO Tesla/ Go EM

I understand your point, but 3 weeks of production over 2000 is steak, particularly when taken in context of low-ball numbers put out by GS and other bears. The fact that the assembly line is being halted to increase production (not because 2000 is not sustainable as per the bears) is also steak. Making more Model 3s than S and X is steak. Don't discount what Tesla has achieved just because it doesn't meet Musk's initial utopian expectations, especially when no other car company has reached this level of production of electric vehicles. If you want to take about lack of steak, talk about Audi and Porsche! What is the status of their electric car production which they have been talking up for the past 5 years? Tesla is making solid progress on the path they have outlined! Better to have hiccups along a brilliant path than no path at all.

-What does sets of car parts mean? A set is ~6000/850 = supply for 7 cars?
850 sets of parts for building 850 vehicles. So if it's like rims, that's four per vehicle. Windshield, one per vehicle.

With 850 sets in 24 hours, a seven day week works out to 5950 vehicles.
-If they end the contract with some suppliers on Monday how are they supposed to reach their 6000/wk goal? I guess it means the contract ends in a certain time?
I'm pretty sure they will be working with the suppliers to meet the deadline, and won't do anything hasty.

-I like the focus on costs but shorts could interpret it negatively as being not effective with cash (do you?). Shortly after reading the first lines of the email i thought market is going to be up 5% tomorrow for sure. Now I am not sure. What do you think is the market going to do tomorrow?
I think this is Musk doing what he can to ensure a cash flow positive Q3 and Q4. Shorts will be shorts, however.

Tesla Model 3 production aims for 6,000 units per week in June after upgrade in May – ~5,000 with margin of error, says Elon Musk

As part of the drive towards 6k, all Model 3 production at Fremont will move to 24/7 operations. This means that we will be adding another shift to general assembly, body and paint. Please refer anyone you know who you think meets the Tesla bar for talent, drive and trust. Between Fremont and Giga, Tesla will be adding about 400 people per week for several weeks.

There is a very wide range of contractor performance, from excellent to worse than a drunken sloth. All contracting companies should consider the coming week to be a final opportunity to demonstrate excellence. Any that fail to meet the Tesla standard of excellence will have their contracts ended on Monday.

Reactions: sundaymorning
850 sets of parts for building 850 vehicles. So if it's like rims, that's four per vehicle. Windshield, one per vehicle.
With 850 sets in 24 hours, a seven day week works out to 5950 vehicles.

haha yeah for sure. thx. :D

I'm pretty sure they will be working with the suppliers to meet the deadline, and won't do anything hasty.

It's a pretty good sign of confidence that he now thinks he's in the position to pressure the suppliers.

I think this is Musk doing what he can to ensure a cash flow positive Q3 and Q4. Shorts will be shorts, however.

Another thing that could be interpreted negatively is that the production would only be 5-6k for a short period of time by hiring additional workers and only a few months later stable at those levels. Could be interpreted as a revised production goal.

Last edited:
I understand your point, but 3 weeks of production over 2000 is steak, particularly when taken in context of low-ball numbers put out by GS and other bears. The fact that the assembly line is being halted to increase production (not because 2000 is not sustainable as per the bears) is also steak. Making more Model 3s than S and X is steak. Don't discount what Tesla has achieved just because it doesn't meet Musk's initial utopian expectations, especially when no other car company has reached this level of production of electric vehicles. If you want to take about lack of steak, talk about Audi and Porsche! What is the status of their electric car production which they have been talking up for the past 5 years? Tesla is making solid progress on the path they have outlined! Better to have hiccups along a brilliant path than no path at all.

I admit to looking at this in two different ways:

As an investor I don't care about Audi/Porsche lack of steak. I care about what EM says they will do (sizzle) and what they actually do (steak)

As a person who wants to see generations of my family live as good, if not better than I regarding quality of the environment then I agree that other OEMS are producing only sizzle with little chance of steak.

This is awesome news!! Should mean that grohman gets up and running!
-I also like the focus on communication. If implemented well changes are going to be great for the culture.

Many interesting things in this mail, but setting the tone for everyone prepared to get things done expeditiously at a quickly growing Tesla is very important indeed.

"As part of the drive towards 6k, all Model 3 production at Fremont will move to 24/7operations. This means that we will be adding another shift to general assembly, body and paint. Please refer anyone you know who you think meets the Tesla bar for talent, drive and trust. Between Fremont and Giga, Tesla will be adding about 400 people per week for several weeks."

going from 2-3 shifts means that there doesn't need to be a big increase in production rates right? i.e. easily achievable.
Looks like the grohmann lines will now contribute to enough battery module volume to support all 3 shifts.

edit:not..now

Last edited:
It’s only a matter of time (3-5 days) before another ramp commences. This coupled with strong macros and a rebound in tech stock will eventually decimate the short thesis. The longer they hang onto their positions, the closer to the edge they will get (plus they are paying interest as an added fee on top of losses). My prediction is that shorts will start to jump from their sinking ship once it is clear we’re ramping up nonstop. Tesla will also be pulling all levers to get to cash flow positive. With every week that passes, Tesla & the team will produce thousands of M3s, S and X. It’s a matter of time, shorts. Pick your time wisely.

Reactions: MacRocket
Model 3 Production Line Skids to a Halt for Tesla

Just would like to point out the manner in which Dana Hull describes the production halt in her article:

"The hiatus is another setback for the first model Musk has tried to manufacture."

It isn't a setback Dana, its a halt intended to INCREASE production! Not pausing production would lead to the setback!

Work typical of a shill.

Let me guess, this article wasn't written by Lora Kolodny. Of course not, how would that help to push her agenda against Tesla? She's such trash and I hope everyone realizes it. I'll send her the link on Twitter so she can block me:)

Considering her close connections with Tesla employees, I would have expected the scoop to have been presented by her regarding the email they received from Elon today. ;)

Since she has blocked me from her Twitter account, someone else may want to send her a copy of Elon's email to Tesla employees: Tesla Model 3 production aims for 6,000 units per week in June after upgrade in May – ~5,000 with margin of error, says Elon Musk

Status
Not open for further replies.