Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This industry is the worst if you're looking to make a quick buck.

That's why I'm not worried at all about competition.
A few things of interest
  • Dyson is only abandoning the solid state battery patent, not their EV program
  • Dyson's latest vacuum uses a lighter yet more powerful battery based on NCA chemistry
It could be a sign that Dyson is finding Tesla's approach using NCA chemistry to be more practical.

Any idea what's this new feature at GGF1?

upload_2018-4-22_11-20-50.png

Get can't find page with this link. Now removed? Thanks, all, for info in your responses.
Found 2 links by goolging Dyson sakti3

Dyson has abandoned patents aimed at creating a battery-and-car juggernaut resembling Tesla

Dyson walks away from (three) Sakti3 solid-state battery patents: updated

The 2nd line contained official comments from Dyson:

"Dyson is more focused than ever on energy storage solutions, which includes developing new intellectual property with the Sakti3 team. We currently own 94 Sakti3 patents and patents pending protecting those developments.

The three patents in question [on which rights were relinquished] pre-date Dyson's purchase of Satki3 and are therefore owned by the University of Michigan. The related IP has been superseded with better technology and is no longer important to our aims, so we are not renewing the license.

We remain committed to investing £1bn in battery technology over the coming years, and Sakti3 is an essential and exciting part of that program."​

Also the info in InsideEV's article (now taken down), referring to Dyson's V8 vacuum having improved NCA battery, appears to be from 1H 2016, which is too early to be related to their recent development with Sakti3, and is misleading. Sorry I fell for that.

https://gizmodo.com/dyson-just-fixed-everything-wrong-with-its-cordless-vac-1776915208

Last edited:
You are right, the EV should also pay additional taxes to contribute to the street infrastructure which is now paid by the exorbitant fuel taxes in Europe.
I tried and failed to verify where the money from the excise taxes on fuel goes to. The taxes are intentionally set high, to reduce pollution and encourage public transport; this is clear in the directive itself (which can be found linked off here). But I'm not at all sure that the money gets spent on street infrastructure directly, there's just too much of it. Can you point to a reference that says that it goes somewhere other than general revenue?

Anyone interested in fighting FUD by researching and refuting FUD articles with facts, shoot me a PM. I have something in the works that I will work on his weekend and intend on launching by Monday.
Basics of the site are up. TeslaFUD.com I want it to be the Snopes.com or collecting all the BS that is distributed out there about Tesla, rebutting it on there. I will link to those who prove the FUDsters wrong.

Basics of the site are up. TeslaFUD.com I want it to be the Snopes.com or collecting all the BS that is distributed out there about Tesla, rebutting it on there. I will link to those who prove the FUDsters wrong.

Great idea: I would call it a fact or fake checker where we all contribute to put facts against all the FUD that is out there. Could be helpful also for the Media to validate their opinions/information as most of them tend to copy and paste but don't do research which leads to an overwhelming repeat of the same fake news.

That page needs to be a non biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.