Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boring, next question. Let's go to YouTube. These questions are so dry, they are killing me.

As much as you may be trying to channel Elon with your comebacks, you are making assertions that I've yet to see backed with either fact or physics.

Such as:
The S100D starts charging at 250KW or 2.5cm which some have reported with they model 3.

So, with the biggest supercharger out there topping out at 135KW, and the only other fast DC I'm aware of being a 50KW Chademo, how is the S100D charging at 250KW?

What's more, the Model 3 is understood to to be a ~75KWh pack. A 2.5C charge rate would be ~187KW. Where is that happening?

If this is all future theoretical, why do you assume the same capacity pack will all of the sudden be capable of charging twice as fast just because it has 2170 cells?

Reactions: JRP3 and Teslie
I suspect that the reason that report says the collision happened at 60mph is because no one has any detailed data yet. The driver probably told the police that she was driving at the speed limit, and that's all they have right now.
Sorry to say but that sounds like a typical Autopilot accident. Autopilot can slow you down if the vehicle in front of you is slowing down. However if the vehicle in front of you is stopped its invisible to Autopilot. We have seen this in several accidents. The only missing thing is if there was a car driving in front of the Tesla and changed lanes away from the truck. This could have effectively masked the truck from autopilot. Remember this one?
or that one?

Last edited:
how can this be FUD? its simply news that a person no longer works for company A and has started to work for company B. So how can an objective report like that be called FUD?

Well, the fact is true, but is it news? I mean that maybe it's not material, and he's a replacable guy without huge responsibilities. If media wrote articles about all people leaving at Tesla (they are 30'000 in total), these would be true facts, but still not newsworthy.

So, with the biggest supercharger out there topping out at 135KW, and the only other fast DC I'm aware of being a 50KW Chademo, how is the S100D charging at 250KW?

In the last Tesla investor conference call Gali asked if Tesla will match or exceed Porsche's 800 volt 350KW chargers.

Elon said no. Constructing such a battery pack to take that charge would limit range and increase cost. And would not be a good value proposition for customers.

He said in the future Tesla would have 200KW or maybe 250KW Superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: MacRocket
Sorry to say but that sounds like a typical Autopilot accident. Autopilot can slow you down if the vehicle in front of you is slowing down. However if the vehicle in front of you is stopped its invisible to Autopilot. We have seen this in several accidents. The only missing thing is if there was a car driving in front of the Tesla and changed lanes away from the truck. This could have effectively masked the truck from autopilot. Remember this one?
or that one?
Yes because peoples Don't read the manual it's say clearly "Don't use autopilot on intersections or red lights streets" I think the better choice for Tesla is to desactivate for all car the possibility to activate autopilot on this street.

Reactions: bambam4171
Yes because peoples Don't read the manual it's say clearly "Don't use autopilot on intersections or red lights streets" I think the better choice for Tesla is to desactivate for all car the possibility to activate autopilot on this street.
Frankly speaking I think they very urgently need to nail that. They need to train the visual recognition so it understands if someone is speeding towards a stationary object. Most of the much talked accidents would have been avoidable if the neural net could make this happen.

In the last Tesla investor conference call Gali asked if Tesla will match or exceed Porsche's 800 volt 350KW chargers.

Elon said no. Constructing such a battery pack to take that charge would limit range and increase cost. And would not be a good value proposition for customers.

He said in the future Tesla would have 200KW or maybe 250KW Superchargers.

But @Reciprocity was speaking present tense reporting 2.5c Model 3 charge rates.

Agreed on the 200-250kW chargers. But thus far Tesla architects those as shared units. And even when used solo, today's 135kW superchargers don't deliver more than ~120kW to a single vehicle.... so that's not necessarily commentary on what a future vehicle may be capable of.

Yeah a lot of Tesla killers out there ...at least the power point kind.

Never understood, why on earth there has to be a „killer“ for something good?

Everyone was encouraged to hop into the competition and bring up something of there own and better. But in the rally for a sustainable world is plenty of room for all.

Sad, no one realizes....

Thanks for bringing up this article. I remember reading it awhile ago but couldn’t find it. The short version of this story is that tech companies like Waymo, Apple understand the value of AP and self driving cars, just look at Mobileye/Intel acquisition for $15 billion. So they pay these guys an tremendous amount of money aka “FU money”, in the end those employees saw no further need to work. Currently, Tesla/SpaceX
Executives are like superstars of Silicon Valley, they are highly sought after just like the Model3, who woundnt want that on their team?

We used to call it "calling in rich"!

Classic example of a backward bending supply curve.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

What I resent is the WSJ’s deliberate, deceptive use of “Executive” in the headline and “senior executive” in the opening of the story. Guy played an important tole, for sure, but he was evidently Director-level, which in every tech company I have ever been in is decidedly NOT an executive position. Usually a Director reports to a VP who reports to a C-level executive. If every Director-level job at a company like Tesla were a “senior executive” then Tesla would be one weird top-heavy company, reminiscent of, you know, Teldar Paper. The WSJ has a FUD agenda here and it’s why I won’t read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.