Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
quite a turnaround,

"Looks like this can be fixed with a firmware update. Will be rolling that out in a few days. With further refinement, we can improve braking distance beyond initial specs. Tesla won’t stop until Model 3 has better braking than any remotely comparable car."

"Also, Consumer Reports has an early production car. Model 3 now has improved ride comfort, lower wind noise & many other small improvements. Will request that they test current production."

"ABS calibration algorithm"

"To be clear, all Model 3 cars, incl early production will have same great braking ability. Nature of any product, however, is that if you care about perfection, you make constant small refinements. Today’s Model S is far more refined than initial production."

Elon Musk (@elonmusk) on Twitter

I just stumbled across this updated report on the model 3 by Edmunds:
Monthly Update for April 2018 - 2017 Tesla Model 3 Long-Term Road Test

Be forewarned that this is an incredibly scathing report, to the point where it is hard to believe they are talking about the same vehicle that so many owners are raving about.

I respect you for posting this

If nothing else you have to enjoy the writers style, his frustration bleeds through the pages.

Man that car sounds like a piece of junk.

I respect you for posting this

If nothing else you have to enjoy the writers style, his frustration bleeds through the pages.

Man that car sounds like a piece of junk.

Did you read this part too?

>After my drive, a friend of mine asked me how the Model 3 compares to the current BMW 3 Series, and I told him I'd rather have the Tesla. He laughed. I wasn't kidding." — Josh Sadlier, senior manager content strategy

If you did, I'd love to know your opinion on the BMW 3 Series

Did you read this part too?

>After my drive, a friend of mine asked me how the Model 3 compares to the current BMW 3 Series, and I told him I'd rather have the Tesla. He laughed. I wasn't kidding." — Josh Sadlier, senior manager content strategy

If you did, I'd love to know your opinion on the BMW 3 Series
Yes, it's the one positive quote in the whole thing from one guy. If you sift around enough you will find raving reviews about any product. Edmonds wants to tell both sides of the story and it wouldnt be right to not include that an EV car would be a lot of fun to drive.

You guys go buy this car and deal with that, those are 4 weeks (!) of issues, that is nuts!

Every death in a BMW gets reported on Bloomberg I hope.
BMW advertises. Tesla does not, so no second thoughts in the national media about reporting Tesla accidents.
Exactly it's so transparent. Reporters can't be that dumb, but they sure act like they are innocent when you confront them on twitter.

Meanwhile there is an army of short sellers, industry competitors and UAW staff who can immediately alert the national media to any local Tesla accidents. They undoubtedly know which reporters are their Tesla FUD allies.

Last edited:
Yes, it's the one positive quote in the whole thing from one guy. If you sift around enough you will find raving reviews about any product. Edmonds wants to tell both sides of the story and it wouldnt be right to not include that an EV car would be a lot of fun to drive.

You guys go buy this car and deal with that, those are 4 weeks (!) of issues, that is nuts!

I've had the car for two months and it's completely opposite of the edmunds experience. best car i've ever owned. i've never owned a car where people come up to me in the parking lot and ask questions about it, are excited about it.

Go ask real owners, and the clear majority will tell you they LOVE the car.

you will not change any mind here.

I think you touched on a good point here, possibly thread worthy.

What would it take to change my mind? I think it is a good mental challenge everyone should do, so I will offer mine up and perhaps you can, in return, offer yours.

I will change my mind on Tesla if the following happens:

1) Tesla can achieve 4 consecutive quarters of FCF +

OR

2) Tesla can sustain a weekly run rate of 5,000 model 3s and 2,000 S+X for 2 consecutive quarters WITHOUT raising money (if they raise money after this date then i remove this and replace it with whatever the capital raise is for).

I think those are reasonable no?

What would it take to change your mind?

I've had the car for two months and it's completely opposite of the edmunds experience. best car i've ever owned. i've never owned a car where people come up to me in the parking lot and ask questions about it, are excited about it.

Go ask real owners, and the clear majority will tell you they LOVE the car.
go ask the people who dont want to admit they bought a 50k lemon? got it

Steve Jobs was pissed with the press for never ever giving him a positive review on
The introduction of any Apple product

I interviewed Steve Jobs for my San Jose (San Francisco Bay Area) financial news TV show on the night in 1984 that he introduced the Macintosh computer. I had not yet had an opportunity to use the Macintosh, but I heartily wished him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.