Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with the right strategy next 31/2 years are the time to make some serious positively slanted outcome in TSLA using triple leverage stock plus calls/puts
I've got some ideas
basically not dissimilar to running a triple leveraged fund in TSLA not dissimilar to FAS or TNA
I might just call it TTT007
the next big thing will be SPACEX
buy it in private markets during the next market crash if it does not come public by then
You can’t buy SpaceX on private markets. I have been trying for 5 years. They have first right to purchase any private shares being made available and they supposedly always exercise that right.

You can’t buy SpaceX on private markets. I have been trying for 5 years. They have first right to purchase any private shares being made available and they supposedly always exercise that right.
if so then let's hope it comes public
apparently MZ did not want to take FB public but eventually had no choice due to certain requirements
I will have to google it but is there some scenario in which EM has no choice but to take Space X public
I mean Koch brothers are private
in any case, after TSLA SpaceX will be the next big investment opportunity
I would love to sell all my TSLA holdings in 3 to 5 years or so after it goes up 10 to 20X, cash it all out, sit tight and wait for a market crash to buy SpaceX on the cheap
THAT will be the investment of lifetime
nothing left to do except sit on the sidelines and watch SpaceX become the most valuable company in the world

• Funny
Reactions: justvisiting

I suppose the only way would be to offer the seller so much money that SpaceX can't match it from their cash and is forced to waive its right. I don't think any of us here is rich enough (Bezos, Page, or Pony Ma might be rich enough).

Who is they? SpaceX repurchasing shares?

Edit: that doesn't make sense. They have been issuing shares in fact.
SpaceX valuation shows ‘an unlimited amount of funding’ available in private markets, Equidate says
They are fundraising by selling shares to larger investors only (like Fidelity, previously Google) while simultaneously buying back secondary market shares that come available (to avoid small timers like all of us from owning any).

Note this quote from the article you linked: “A share buyback on secondary markets was also completed, according to those people, although it is unclear what the split was between the primary raise and the purchase of existing stock.”

This goes along with what my broker has told me all along and why I have never been able to access any SpaceX shares myself.

I believe (this is speculation based on what an expert friend I have told me but it is from 4-5 years ago and so is kind of vague now - likely someone here can verify) that once a private company exceeds a certain number of individual shareholders, they are mandated (?by the SEC) to go public and that is why SpaceX has a clause to have first right to purchase any shares that come available (likely from its employees and ex-employees). They don’t want to be forced to have to IPO.

Again, this explanation part may be wrong but the part about us small-timers not being able to buy shares is what I have been told all along by my broker at Sharespost.

he has 9.5 Million loyal subscribers who do not consume normal media.

Nowadays, Normal media is youtube and twitter !! Average age of CNN and Fox news viewer is 60+.

In other news, pigs are flying - the usual suspects Lora, Dana and Charley have been maintaining a low profile during Elon's twitterathon (Dana because she was sick).

Dana and Charley even retweeted the Consumer Report tweet while arch $TSLAQ troll Wolfgang (Mercedes Benz France Director Commercial vans ) tweeted this !!

AE2CF6B1-0A59-4C45-9B99-68C82DD3BA88.png

I think everyone here can now safely stop pearl clutching about Elon's tweets.. I declare mission accomplished (Not the Dubya variety) :p ..

Can you link the video of Casey with the new Tesla?
I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, huge if true. Not only Casey Neistat does millions views for every video, but he posts a video every single day. I actually follow his vlog, he's probably one of the best vlogger out there (many would say *the* best, and one of the first), his audience is immense, and he's East Coast (lives in New York), and he's starting a mediacompany/studio/collective called 368, which I think will multiply his audience even further. He has access to everyone, receives every kind of goodies/tools to review, could actually interview Elon if he wanted (I'm kinda sure Elon would accept an invitation from him, too good to pass).
Probably his good friend Marques Brownlee (aka MKBHD, who's got a Model S P100D) convinced him.

Can you link the video of Casey with the new Tesla?
I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, huge if true. Not only Casey Neistat does millions views for every video, but he posts a video every single day. I actually follow his vlog, he's probably one of the best vlogger out there (many would say *the* best, and one of the first), his audience is immense, and he's East Coast (lives in New York), and he's starting a mediacompany/studio/collective called 368, which I think will multiply his audience even further. He has access to everyone, receives every kind of goodies/tools to review, could actually interview Elon if he wanted (I'm kinda sure Elon would accept an invitation from him, too good to pass).
Probably his good friend Marques Brownlee (aka MKBHD, who's got a Model S P100D) convinced him.
He mentioned it a couple days ago, still waiting for an episode on tsla.

• Informative
Reactions: aubreymcfato
Australians, 1/2 way round the planet ".....And for some, the bet has been so big that it has become bitterly personal.....notorious short sellers is Mark Spiegel, the founder of Stanphyl Capital Partners, which appears to have bet the house on Tesla failing....................because Tesla’s stock went up spectacularly....forcing Stanphyl to report a sharp plunge (20 per cent) in the value of its portfolio......"

• Informative
Reactions: SunCatcher
An important article out of Germany
Tesla Model 3 kann mit Gewinn gebaut werden
In short (I'm in a bit of a rush):
- a German engineering firm took apart model 3s
-they say the car will be profitable
-the estimate production costs of 10000 dollars
-Tesla was able to substantially reduce the cobalt in its batteries, they call it a breakthrough

A more in depth-review is behind a paywall, which I'm not able to access Tesla Model 3: Zerlegung eines Rivalen

Status
Not open for further replies.