Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...my filter for that has been "un-calibrated" by all the FUD that is around.
i get extremely "touchy" myself due to the negativity, but here is mostly positive and a lot of "dry multilayered humor" and even some "in-jokes"
the shorts seem to be getting desperate, so I play them some Steely Dan songs like "when black friday comes" n such, kinda irks them and puts their knickers in a twist, all done from a perspective of love, like i love their money :););)

i get extremely "touchy" myself due to the negativity, but here is mostly positive and a lot of "dry multilayered humor" and even some "in-jokes"
the shorts seem to be getting desperate, so I play them some Steely Dan songs like "when black friday comes" n such, kinda irks them and puts their knickers in a twist, all done from a perspective of love, like i love their money :););)
Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's money. But when they try so hard to give it to you, what can you? I wouldn't want to reject it. That might hurt their feelings. /s

I've been suspecting that a lot of the disinformation is coming from Russia, which has a huge oil industry (the main source of Putin's profits) threatened by Tesla. So that's why I started thinking assassins. No, the US financial guys wouldn't do it, but Russia might.

Oh, also... Russia does financial manipulations through shell companies, too. Do we know that there *aren't* Russian agents acting as big short-sellers? We don't know that. It would certainly account for the short-sellers who always sell at the bottom and cover at the top; they probably have a budget for stock manipulation.

Yes, this is an unlikely conspiracy theory, but it's not *that* unlikely, given what we know about Putin's kleptocracy.
Assume this conspiracy theory was true. Assume the shorts succeed and somehow block Tesla’s access to the financial market, and somehow Tesla doesn’t realize it should stop new investments to stay alive. This wouldn’t help Russia, since there are enough deep pocketed parties (both individuals and companies) to buy the remnants and keep producing Tesla’s.

I'm getting tired of your trolling. ANY estimate I saw from TMC members in private were more optimistic than the choices. You are now on ignore.

So you are saying that Tesla is sand-bagging their predictions? (That would be a first.) They say it will be 4-5 years, after permitting, before they reach 500k at GF3. So 2022 at the earliest, yet the latest we can pick from in your poll is in 2021.

From Tesla makes Gigafactory 3 in China official, plans to start production in 2 years :
We expect construction to begin in the near future after we get all the necessary approvals and permits. From there, it will take roughly two years until we start producing vehicles and then another two to three years before the factory is fully ramped up to produce around 500,000 vehicles per year for Chinese customers.

Last edited:
So you are saying that Tesla is sand-bagging their predictions? (That would be a first.) They say it will be 4-5 years, after permitting, before they reach 500k at GF3. So 2022 at the earliest, yet the latest we can pick from in your poll is in 2021.

The poll was created before Tesla's statement, and between the poll and the announcement, ANY statement I saw from TMC members pinned the answer to before any of the options. Further, Elon has previously stated "a few hundred thousand," which is now upgraded to 500,000, so there is a level of sandbagging going on with China ambitions. That person's trolling, however, is not surprising. I'm done with this.

The poll was created before Tesla's statement, and between the poll and the announcement, ANY statement I saw from TMC members pinned the answer to before any of the options. Further, Elon has previously stated "a few hundred thousand," which is now upgraded to 500,000, so there is a level of sandbagging going on with China ambitions. That person's trolling, however, is not surprising. I'm done with this.
so can we just update the poll with further target dates?

Reactions: MP3Mike
so can we just update the poll with further target dates?

Twitter only allows me four options, and tweets are not editable. We also now have a statement from the company, but it's good to see that the median of the poll was closer to the company guidance subsequently communicated than ANY prediction I saw beforehand.

I don't have a monopoly on polling :) Please create your own polls, and witness the constant trolling first hand.

Reactions: landis
Twitter only allows me four options, and tweets are not editable. We also now have a statement from the company, but it's good to see that the median of the poll was closer to the company guidance subsequently communicated than ANY prediction I saw beforehand.

I don't have a monopoly on polling :) Please create your own polls, and witness the constant trolling first hand.
i didn’t know they couldn’t be adjusted

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Linked below is part of an email exchange between Elon and Dick Stanton, a co-leader of the dive rescue team in Thailand. It is quite clear evidence that Elon/SpaceX efforts with the mini sub were neither simply a PR effort, nor made without the rescue team in Thailand wanting the mini subs.

May help clear up some false narratives on all this that are still being repeated in the media.

Twitter

Linked below is part of an email exchange between Elon and Dick Stanton, a co-leader of the dive rescue team in Thailand. It is quite clear evidence that Elon/SpaceX efforts with the mini sub were neither simply a PR effort, nor made without the rescue team in Thailand wanting the mini subs.

May help clear up some false narratives on all this that are still being repeated in the media.

Twitter
Apparently requires a twitter account.

Twitter
Many of the replies really make me sad. People sitting behind their keyboards casting stones on a man that rather than sitting behind his keyboard and "sending prayers" or condescending everything being done, he offered options. Viable, workable, options. Consulted with the people that actually were in that cave not internet "experts" and came up with a working option that could be used if needed.

Makes me worry about our future when I see comments like that.

Glad everyone is safe. Cudos to everyone involved in bringing those kids out. Amazing display of the human spirit.

Dan

So teslas goal is to make 1m cars in 2020, now we know first few cars maybe come from China's GF late that year. Anyone still think tesla can make 1m cars in Fremont? They don't even talk about 10k model 3/week anymore hard to see them making more than 100k S&X + 500k m3 in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.