Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is opening Model 3 online configurator to everyone

Can someone explain this to me?

How is it that anyone can log on and configure their car, and yet they still have 400k+ reservations?

What is a "reservation" when anyone can walk up and order their car?

They only recently opened it up to all - which you know. They opened it up to be fair to all because as of July 1 they were changing to a $100/yr (first year free) for LTE connection - which you know. Even opening up to all, all does not include Europe or Asia or anywhere not on this continent and there are still limited configurations available leaving plenty in the reservation line - which you know.

That’s all the hand holding I’m doing for you because I don’t believe you are being sincere with your questions or why you are here on this forum.

Cross posted

Linette Lopez is asking for feedback from people who know about model 3. Please help her; with irony.

Linette Lopez on Twitter

My contribution. The hashtag is my favorite.
upload_2018-7-9_20-54-30.png

P.S. I love you honey.

Source? Is there somewhere that Tesla has commented on the regional breakdown of reservations? I've never seen that.

------------

Just went through some of the configuration flow (up to the point where I'd have to put $2500 as a nonrefundable deposit).

Estimated wait time was September, so that's not 3 months of production.
troll, going to ignore.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
so is catl the biggest competitor battery-wise at this time? or are they just making a lot of waves since their 50bb ipo a few weeks ago? does anyone know how their tech compares to the rest of the battery makers?

from electrek;
The total value of the contract is actually 4 billion euros ($4.7 billion), as confirmed by BMW today, for the next few years and the difference will be coming from CATL’s current factories in China.

The battery manufacturer currently has a 17.5 GWh production capacity which is quickly ramping up to 24 GWh with a new factory.

from electrek;
The total value of the contract is actually 4 billion euros ($4.7 billion), as confirmed by BMW today, for the next few years and the difference will be coming from CATL’s current factories in China.

The battery manufacturer currently has a 17.5 GWh production capacity which is quickly ramping up to 24 GWh with a new factory.

From a presentation by Jeff Dahn two or three years ago, he specifically mentioned CATL as a big competitor not to underestimate, and that they had 300 PhDs working on battery technology.

I sense a window of opportunity rapidly closing.

Cross posted

Linette Lopez is asking for feedback from people who know about model 3. Please help her; with irony.

Linette Lopez on Twitter

Quite some nice responses but cannot find anybody with a broken down car...

Will she ever realize that the enthusiasm and satisfaction of the 3 owners is overwhelming?

Jared Murray‏ @2LSmack

Replying to @lopezlinette

My model 3 was so broken at delivery that I placed a second reservation the same day I first drove it. Can’t wait to have the P version as well

Status
Not open for further replies.