Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he didn't. He has sevreral years before the timer runs out. And historically, suing Elon Musk just invites more of a lynch mob. Reporters get harassed for writing negative articles - what do you think will happen to Vernon when he sues?

He also needs to be able to prove damages. Given his secluded life, that could be hard to do.

It is stupid and ignorant to say that the "lack of a lawsuit" is evidence of pedophilia.

Please let's stop this discussion with this post.

Alright, different topic then...

I'm curious what people make of what appears to be a real issue with deliveries and repairs.

One Twitter short has now compiled hundreds of owner complaints, and I imagine only a small percentage of owners with problems would actually take to Twitter:

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

These reports also have some credibility from these forums:

A word of warning for potential Tesla owners.

TMC owners survey also indicates over 50% of Model 3 owners are going to a service center for a defect in their first 30 days.

LA Times also ran a story on this:

Good news: Your Tesla Model 3 is finally ready. Bad news: It may take weeks to get it serviced

Norway also having huge problems: Norwegians Quietly Revolt Against Tesla

Finally, New York state Tesla registrations are way down to pre-March levels: Justin on Twitter

What do bulls make of all this?

I'm curious what people make of what appears to be a real issue with deliveries and repairs.
One Twitter short has now compiled hundreds of owner complaints, and I imagine only a small percentage of owners with problems would actually take to Twitter:

Justin on Twitter
Justin on Twitter
Justin on Twitter

TMC owners survey also indicates over 50% of Model 3 owners are going to a service center for a defect in their first 30 days.

Good news: Your Tesla Model 3 is finally ready. Bad news: It may take weeks to get it serviced

Finally, New York state Tesla registrations are way down to pre-March levels: Justin on Twitter

OK, I'll bite :

As a bull I take from your post that you are mainly here with the intention to spread :

Fear hoping you can make some people feel
Uncertain so they start to
Doubt their position

You add nothing positive to this forum.

Should Mods not kick you out, open your own FUD thread and put your posts there instead of derailing good discussions. At least then your intentions are clear for all, you do not have to repeat your FUD over-and-over and you do not derail discussions.

Or IMHO : better please go away, back to Seeking Alpha.

And, just in case you bring it up (H/T to Mutl) :

unknown.png

Last edited:
You add nothing positive to this forum.

I think investors might want as much data as possible. Instead of adding data and perspective, you chose to make ad hominen attacks against me.

A lot of these reports are on these very forums. Many of the screenshots in Justin's Tweets are on TMC.

How is it FUD when it's happening here?

Doh! It is usually the other way around - people with good experience rarely broadcast their experience.
I agree, but I don't think those are mutually exclusive. My point was that, of owners with problems, only a small percentage would complain on Twitter or other public social media.

Your point is that, of owners without problems, an even smaller percentage would post about it.

Both can be true...

I think investors might want as much data as possible. Instead of adding data and perspective, you chose to make ad hominen attacks against me.
A lot of these reports are on these very forums. Many of the screenshots in Justin's Tweets are on TMC.

So, you are mainly copying other data.
Save yourself a lot of work and make your own FUD thread. So we can all look it up should we be interested in it.

I am probably one of the few who have not blocked you yet anyway. I am not going to respond anymore, as I am the next one blocking you.

Last edited:

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Mods, please make a thread called perhaps \dev_null for Firebirds and responses

On a happier note.
Looking at selling my 2013 Nisan Leaf S with quick charge for $2000 more than what I bought it for at end of 2 year lease.
Used Leafs have gone up about $2000 in the last year.

Bought it for $8000 February 2016 now looking at $10,000 (private sale Atlanta).

Will make a nice down payment on my 3.
Same here. Paid $7000 in 2015, likely selling mine at $2000 more now. All EV's are a couple of thousand higher on the used market than they were 2 or 3 years ago. Autotrader -

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Fortunately my personal experience has been excellent. One minor issue (glove box would sometimes pop open) that a Ranger came by at my convenience and corrected. Not bad for 5 months and 9,400 miles.

I agree, but I don't think those are mutually exclusive. My point was that, of owners with problems, only a small percentage would complain on Twitter or other public social media.

Your point is that, of owners without problems, an even smaller percentage would post about it.

Both can be true...

what business doesn’t experience growing pains when exploding production and delivery 2x 3x over the course of ~2 yrs

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

Justin on Twitter

So I`m not doubting these reports are real, but you have to keep volumes in mind.

One good example is a recent Bloomberg interview with an analyst who was saying sg. like ".... so they keep having issues like mismatched internal door covers, one black, one white and bumpers falling off".

These examples were posted on Reddit, I remember them as well, and it would be great if we had zero cases like that. but you have to keep in mind everything Tesla gets magnified and reported right away. In those threads we had 2 (two) people report the bumper issue after driving through heavy rain and 1 (one) person reported the mustached door covers. In the meantime Tesla has delivered something like 50-60k Model 3s this year (or more).

I am sure we have issue with people having to wait for service as they are trying to scale the number of staff and locations while not spending money. Also quality issues may come up occasionally as they are ramping and trying to keep/improve quality at the same time. But I wonder if BMW ever has a mismatched carpet every 50k cars or so and if it becomes breaking news on Bloomberg...

I am sure we have issue with people having to wait for service as they are trying to scale the number of staff and locations while not spending money.

Do not forget how Tesla scales their mobile service. Just last week I had a mobile service guy drive out to a beach house I was staying on the North Shore and fix a front passenger seat issue on my MX. The experience was so much better than having to drive to a service center, etc. He told me that Tesla is aggressively increasing their mobile service numbers as the M3 ramps. Having more service vans while more slowly ramping brick and mortar options seems like a smart strategy. The main thing the Service Centers offer is a lift which many repairs do not require.

Last edited:
@ZachShahan I did dare to post the today article 9 hours ago from you/ CleanTechnica on Reddit and it received so far as of now stunning 1,000 up votes and 260 replies, still counting .....

To be frank I did expect a lot of bashing and shorts jumping out of their holes.

Interesting discussion and find is that the vast majority of posts confirm CNBC to be biased negatively against Tesla for different reasons. A very few question your 2 day 40 sample or call CNBC a financial media and Tesla to be bad in financials therefore in their mind that justified the negative reports.

In case you want to get feedback from your readers:

40 Tesla Headlines On CNBC In 2 Days — 31 Negative, 2 Positive | CleanTechnica What’s wrong? What’s going on? Why is CNBC so biased against an amazing success story about a new American car company that is so loved by consumers and auto reviewers? : teslamotors

Status
Not open for further replies.