Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ZachShahan I did dare to post the today article 9 hours ago from you/ CleanTechnica on Reddit and it received so far as of now stunning 1,000 up votes and 260 replies, still counting .....

To be frank I did expect a lot of bashing and shorts jumping out of their holes.

Interesting discussion and find is that the vast majority of posts confirm CNBC to be biased negatively against Tesla for different reasons. A very few question your 2 day 40 sample or call CNBC a financial media and Tesla to be bad in financials therefore in their mind that justified the negative reports.

In case you want to get feedback from your readers:

40 Tesla Headlines On CNBC In 2 Days — 31 Negative, 2 Positive | CleanTechnica What’s wrong? What’s going on? Why is CNBC so biased against an amazing success story about a new American car company that is so loved by consumers and auto reviewers? : teslamotors

Cool. Thanks!

We will be reporting on such findings regularly. I just jumped the gun from an early run-through. Will see how the results change over time and will report on the results more thoroughly.

Sounds like some fine criticisms. It wasn't a PhD project. But I'll stay away from the trolls & honest critics for now. Other work to do.

2 Model 3 rear bumper covers fell off in heavy rain.

lrs-20049b-r_9950.jpg

Not bumpers. Safety was not compromised nor protections of the car. Just the aesthetics of the car was compromised.

This is a modern rear bumper assembly with cover.

Modern bumpers usually compromise 2-4 pieces plus cover.

390738_x450.jpg

@ZachShahan I found the following part fascinating:

One important takeaway, which we believe is differentiating at Tesla, is that one of the first steps completed in Assembly is to fit an onboard computer/chip. Every part subsequently fitted to the vehicle is recorded by the vehicle’s computer. As a result, the vehicle has a full record of every part fitted, when it was fitted, and various other measures of importance during the fitting process (e.g. torque applied when it comes to fitting parts during assembly). This provides Tesla with a feedback loop for continuous improvement.

Some personal data points that I think bode well for the 3rd & 4th quarters.

Ordered my P3D on 8/22/2018
Next day the delivery estimate was "October to December '18"
On 8/26 it read "Late September"
Yesterday it became "Late October".

My read of the tea leaves is that they did not need to make the delivery in the 3rd quarter so they are now working on the 4th quarter delivery/profit numbers.

Hard to find something good in sea of FUD

Tesla Model 3 Performance review: a BMW M3/C63 rival?

So here’s the killer question: can it mix it with the German high performance hegemony? Shall I cancel my C63 order?
As ever, given the instantaneous torque whump you get in an EV, its acceleration from a standing start is awesome. Stamp on the fast pedal, and the interior atmosphere suddenly becomes rather less therapeutic. But the big story here is the way it handles. One of Tesla’s engineers described the Model 3 to me as being effectively mid-engined, with the resultant lower polar moment of inertia. Its centre of gravity is pretty good, too. So you really can hustle it, its body control is fine (despite its 1,800kg-plus weight), its steering feel good enough and arguably superior to a lot of electric set-ups

Hard to find something good in sea of FUD

Tesla Model 3 Performance review: a BMW M3/C63 rival?

So here’s the killer question: can it mix it with the German high performance hegemony? Shall I cancel my C63 order?
As ever, given the instantaneous torque whump you get in an EV, its acceleration from a standing start is awesome. Stamp on the fast pedal, and the interior atmosphere suddenly becomes rather less therapeutic. But the big story here is the way it handles. One of Tesla’s engineers described the Model 3 to me as being effectively mid-engined, with the resultant lower polar moment of inertia. Its centre of gravity is pretty good, too. So you really can hustle it, its body control is fine (despite its 1,800kg-plus weight), its steering feel good enough and arguably superior to a lot of electric set-ups
There is actually a higher order of motion above acceleration that Tesla’s achieve... it’s called “jerk”. This is that roller coaster feel you get when stomping the accelerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.