Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General "Should I Wait for Upgrades" Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a thing where they only produce at end of quarters for US deliveries so they can focus on other areas of the world.

However, lots of people have been saying the demand is so high that they are going to be producing MY's throughout the quarter.

I've heard this too, though this may be more about the Y factory coming online in China, which serves both Asia and Europe. So I think Fremont may be focusing almost entirely on North America.

I ordered a MY LR last week and I already got assigned a VIN yesterday. My Tesla sales rep told me that my MY rolled off the assembly line the same day. So, they are still producing in January.

I won't accept it if it doesn't have the new hardware. Do we think it will?
So curious! Please keep us updated, I will decide to place the order now or later. Thanks!

I ordered a MY LR last week and I already got assigned a VIN yesterday. My Tesla sales rep told me that my MY rolled off the assembly line the same day. So, they are still producing in January.

I won't accept it if it doesn't have the new hardware. Do we think it will?

Sorry, no. There is no indication any of the new features are in current builds. I am hoping they will update the LR first and leave rest of the inventory to the standard. It kind of make sense. LR suppose to have premium interior and the standard without.... it then make sense to have HEPA, heated steering, updated side panels and center console.... the line up is coming together.

Sorry, no. There is no indication any of the new features are in current builds. I am hoping they will update the LR first and leave rest of the inventory to the standard. It kind of make sense. LR suppose to have premium interior and the standard without.... it then make sense to have HEPA, heated steering, updated side panels and center console.... the line up is coming together.

I asked my sales rep and he said all he can do is see when it arrives next week what it has. If it doesn’t have the new hardware yet, I’ll just refuse delivery and wait. I’m in Canada so a heated steering wheel is essential and, you know, COVID and all the HEPA filter is pretty important.

Reactions: origingalatic

"LR suppose to have premium interior and the standard without." Really? Why?

If anything SR will get more upgrades then LR since it will be new car. Advertising premium and giving you less it would be false advertising.

• Disagree
Reactions: DanDi58
"LR suppose to have premium interior and the standard without." Really? Why?

If anything SR will get more upgrades then LR since it will be new car. Advertising premium and giving you less it would be false advertising.

What? SR is cheaper why would it get the newer interior? If anything, SR will get the left over old parts. or do you think they will build the SR in a different assembly line? I think not.