Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genius! Tesla's designers made the space between the rear wheel wells EXACTLY...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly OT, but I was at Lowe's today and picked up three upper cabinets 24 x 36 x 12", each in a protective box.

I rolled a flatbed cart out to Nikki, and immediately drew a crowd. One-third was Lowe's employees asking if I needed help with those big boxes and two-thirds customers quizzically trying to figure out how i would get them home. The precipitant was me opening the frunk and hefting the big box up, only to realize it wouldn't fit. At the height of gawking I had 12 people around me -- I simply dropped the back seats and pushed all three boxes neatly in. They fit rather amazingly, but there was lots of room on each side for lots more stuff that I didn't have.

Tesla time ensued, of course... 45min later I was finally driving home again. :wink:

Wow.

Not long after I got mine I was at Lowe's, parked in front loading her with bags of dirt and mulch. Guy commented "I ain't never seen anybody load dirt in a car that nice before".

Now, the real pending question is - what should be in those boxes: Sally's or Pepe's pizza in New Haven, Lombadi's or John's in NY, or maybe Pizza Uno (original) or Gino's in Chicago -- for all pizza super-fans?

And, even more important who does it best - New Haven, NY, or Chicago?

(My vote: Sally's in New Haven and for those who really know the secret spots: Roseland in Derby, CT)

Sally's all the way. Also, Chicago pizza isn't really pizza. Begin the assault on me!

...the right width to fit 2 large pizzas. I was delivery dad to my son's school today, delivered 12 pizzas. They fit perfectly (the kids already grabbed some boxes before I could snap a pic...)

View attachment 20816

Serious question : do you have the jump seats? Because they require metal latch pieces which cut into the width about 1.5" per side. I can't see them in the photo.

Since I usually have the seats up anyway, I'll go with the frunk recess approach.

No Jump Seats. Was told I could add them later, so didn't order with the car. Of course, now I can't add them later. No big deal as my kids are all too big for them anyway, but though thtey might be handy to have.

And more room for pizza.

Serious question : do you have the jump seats? Because they require metal latch pieces which cut into the width about 1.5" per side. I can't see them in the photo.

Since I usually have the seats up anyway, I'll go with the frunk recess approach.

:) What does that have to do with the dimensions of pizza boxes :) ? Mods can we put this in the correct category? Just keeping w/ tradition here :) :)

Now, the real pending question is - what should be in those boxes: Sally's or Pepe's pizza in New Haven, Lombadi's or John's in NY, or maybe Pizza Uno (original) or Gino's in Chicago -- for all pizza super-fans?

And, even more important who does it best - New Haven, NY, or Chicago?

(My vote: Sally's in New Haven and for those who really know the secret spots: Roseland in Derby, CT)

I'm a New Yawker at heart, so I'll always take some quality NY pizza any day, but New Haven is good as well. Chicago pizza isn't really pizza. It's like a mutant Sicilian pizza where the pizza maker accidentally added 10x the normal amount of pizza dough and was too lazy to change it once he realized his mistake. Actually, the most underrated place for good pizza is Sao Paulo, Brazil. No Teslas there yet, though, I'm afraid. And they could use some smog free air!

- - - Updated - - -

No no no... What the hell is up with having cup holders?! Very un-Tesla...

:biggrin::biggrin::tongue::smile:

+1 Mike: Next CT EV rally (thanks to the Westport Electric Car Club this past weekend) they really need to put Sally's Pizza on that route! Simply the best.

Having grown up in CT and spent 20 years in NYC (last home was right on Mulberry St.), I've got to give proper respect too to the original birthplace of American pizza, Lombardi's. Chicago is delicious but nope - not as good as NY and CT.

+1 Trnsl8r: with all that storage for pizzas, you gotta have some extra cup holders for all the soda necessary to wash down all the slices you sneak in on the drive home :cool:

You forgot the refreshments.

Refreshments (2).jpg

I'm waiting for the refrigeration upgrade for the basement.